Vermont

Ceremony/Reception Venue Ideas

Ok all, this message board has already proved to be a wealth of knowledge, so I know you can help me on this one.  I'm looking for a cheap (ish), preferably outdoors, venue for our wedding ceremony and reception next June.  I'm getting the feeling time is ticking on reserving a place, so I'm trying to move on this!  I am new to Vermont, so anything that I've come across has mainly been from internet searching.  The big factor is that it would need to be somewhat close (within 30-45 minutes) to Burlington, since all of our guests will be coming from out of state/country and it would be nice to be near the airport.  If they don't rent a car then they'll have to find an alternative travel method or we'll do it for them, which can get pricey.  Did I mention really budget friendly too?  :) 

We have already discussed and nixed the boat idea, Shelburne Farms looked great but it's booked, the couple other places we looked at downtown were too small (we're thinking around 125 people), and all the other cutesy inns seem too far for people to get to.  We both really liked Kingsland Bay, but having to leave by sundown kinda cuts the whole event short. (Anyone been to/had a wedding there that can give input on that topic?)

Okay, go.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue Ideas

• edited December 2011
    Try the facilties in the Burlington Parks Dept. or the Bishop Booth Conference Center.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Catamount Country Club in Williston, VT. They are reasonable and have a few beautiful sites for outdoor weddings, as well as a great reception space indoors. We are getting married there next June. Alex and the rest of the staff have been great to work with so far. 
  • edited December 2011
    Also Ethan Allen Homestead. I think you'd have to rent the tent but the venrue itself is really affordable. And with a lovely view of the lake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards