African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Getting pregnant & charting

Are any of planning to do charting for your pregnancy planning? I had never heard of this until I started looking at The Bump. DH and I are just letting things happen and I'm wondering if I should be doing things like taking my temp and charting ovulation and etc.

What are your thoughts? Did any of you try these methods?

Re: NWR: Getting pregnant & charting

• Options
    edited December 2011

Generally, if you mentsruate regularly: you ovulate (or may become pregnant) 14- 16 days following your period. So, If you're having unprotected sex on the 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, or 17th day after your period you will probably become pregnant (if your cycle is regular- wihout the pill). I added the 13th and 17th to be safe due to hourly changes.

218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I chart because it betters our chances. FI had a vas reversal, so right now I'm charting to AVOID getting pregnant. But 2mths before the wedding all that will go out the window and I'll use it to try and get pregnant again.
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you ladies measure your temp as well?
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is charting and i am doing it as well in support of her. Theres a website called FertilityFriend. Its pretty darn great... and its free :)

As the PP said, It may not be necessary if you're menstruating regularly you might not need to chart, but it does help your odds.

GL :)
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an application on my iphone that I use to keep track. I do plan on going on the pill soon. I'm not sure about charting my temperature though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have been reading up on everything as far as planning. we just decided to start after we had a scare last week and we both kinda got excited but then disappointed.  we're definitely charting b/c AF comes every month but never when expected
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards