Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

NWR Music

I spend a lot of my day with my ipod on, doing experiments or analyzing data.  I'm starting to get a little sick of my current music list, soo...

What are current songs/bands you are really liking right now?

I kinda like music from all genres... I had been listening to a lot of R&B/Rap, and then I just discovered Mumford and Sons and love their album.  But I def. need more new music in my life.

Re: NWR Music

• stiffany2012stiffany2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lately I've really been into Adele's new album and have gone back to Stars newish album The Five Ghosts. I'm kind of an indie music snob so if you need any more recommendations that are less mainstream, post back!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I'm sort of all over the place with music. I don't think, however, that I have anything out of the ordinary to rec to you right now :( Sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Mumford and Sons too. Their whole album is good.

I just discovered yahoo music (Y! Music) on my iphone, which works like pandora except its set genres... all kinds of pop, rock, r&b, blues stations, etc. I especially love that they have a playlist for each year, so you can play all the music for just 1979 for example. If you can download the app on the device you use, its definitely worth looking into!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    g - I like top40 stuff too!!  I actually don't drive, so I don't listen to radio, and then I have no idea what's current.  I rely on students to tell me what's cool :)  They recommended Lupe Fiasco's lasers album to me...

stiffany - I like Adele's Chasing Pavements but I dont know any other songs... I will have to check it out!  And I've been told good things about Stars but have never heard them...any specific song recs?

sari - I really like Sigh No more.  I kinda love all the banjo.  I'll have to look into if my phone can get that app!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah the banjo is just unique and fun. And that is app I turn too if I am tired of my playlist and I want to discover some new songs or I'm not sure what I am in the mood for.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Adele's new album is fantastic.  I listen to it a whole lot.  I also use Pandora and set radio stations for my faves, and that's how I find new things to listen to, because I don't listen to the radio either.  I'm tired of all the same stuff that's on my iPod in my car but I'm out of touch with new music, so I listen to the same CDs I've had forever.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll also rec Adele's new album!! i heart it alot. I also do a lot of listening to pandora and Aol Radio(use apps on my iphone - or the websites when at work) which is prob similar to the yahoo radio app.

If i'm buying music, I usually look at Amazon.com first. you can download mp3's there and they often have good CD deals - like $5 albums. So i always check there first.

ooo i also like the Rihanna cd - it came out a while back, but its pretty fun to listen to.  oh and the new maroon 5 one.. thats a good cd too.

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am currently loving Adele's new album and Kanye's newest is really good too. I haven't heard Lupe's new one, but I have heard it's good as well. TI had some good ones on "No Mercy" ad well. If you like Mumford and Sons, you'll probably also like Florence + The Machine. Their album is called "Lungs" and is pretty good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!! I will start looking into these things.

Ash - that is totally my problem... everything I listen to is from the 90s and I still love it... but I need some new stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards