Not Engaged Yet

I bought a bridal magazine

Before you yell at me...I bought it because SO (now FI) proposed last night.  :)

FI managed to catch me completely by surprise after a lovely dinner (he didn’t lose his cool at all at dinner…except stealing my wine at dinner and gulping it).   After dinner FI had me convinced that we were meeting a friend at his old apartment before going to a charity event.  Instead, he had set up his old apartment with candles and a rose-lined path leading to several of our travel pictures.  A violinist was present to play some of our favorite songs and a photographer and one of his best friends were also in the background to record the event.   

FI very sweetly reminded me of some of our favorite memories, including our first date where he kept blowing out the candles on the restaurant table because he was gesturing and talking so much in an effort to “say everything he could to make me go out with him again,” and the ones we can expect to look forward to in our lives together….and then, on one knee, he asked me to marry him.   

I know I’ve not been on the boards super long but have really appreciated all the kindness and advice I’ve received on the boards.  I plan on sticking around if that is a-ok with all of you.  J

Re: I bought a bridal magazine

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards