Snarky Brides
Options

Random Poll

Re: Random Poll

• Options
    Blue, when is your first ultrasound? How far along are you right now?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dmills, you really need an u/s so we can stop the whole "IS IT MORE THAN ONE?!!??!!?!?" conversations.  I think the possibility of you having twins actually comes up more than babies in general lately.  (yeah. figure that one out.)
  • Options
    Nope, I haven't had an u/s since 7 weeks. It is driving me a little crazy, but I keep telling myself that if the dr. truly thought I was having twins, they would have had to schedule me for an u/s by now. With twins they do u/s all the damn time to make sure things are ok. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Blue, how many beta numbers do they take? I know nothing about beta stuff, so forgive me if that's a dumb question or something too personal to answer. If so, tell me to fuuck off. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:a4d61676-9b52-403c-b5ca-1dec76ae77e8">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]IT'S JUST ONE BEHBEH!
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Nope, not till it comes out. And even then I may question it...;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:71997e83-f435-4f8c-b798-443f375c43f6">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmills, you really need an u/s so we can stop the whole "IS IT MORE THAN ONE?!!??!!?!?" conversations.  I think the possibility of you having twins actually comes up more than babies in general lately.  (yeah. figure that one out.)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    no kidding!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:db49301d-d5dc-490d-a689-c6a5a04ce9d8">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, when is your first ultrasound? How far along are you right now?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Its way too early for an u/s for me.  Im only around 4 weeks.  Its hard to determine since I did IVF.  But they told me Sunday that it would be at least a week or 2.

Erin- I will need to have a few more beta draws.  My next one is tomorrow.

Because I had 2 losses and because of how i got here, I get monitored really closely.

ETA: Basically the betas need to double every 48 hours at this point.  Typically in a "regular" pregnancy you dont get your first beta till around 6 weeks because you dont really know you are pregnant yet.  So they usually start off much higher.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    HAHAH! Dmill,  it's just one on the doppler, because the other one is hiding on the other one's back or up behind your liver somewhere. It's cool. Surprises are FUN! hee hee hee!
  • Options
    TBH, I get a little uncomfortable sometimes at all the dmills/twins talk, lol.  Maybe uncomfortable isn't the right word.  I just feel weird about it.  I put myself in her shoes and imagine it would feel... weird?  I dunno.  If there are two in there, then there's two.  But I feel like the odds are there is just one baby in there, and once that is found out for sure then people will act disappointed, and even though it's all in jest it's still kinda shitty, kwim?  She's having a baby, that's pretty awesome.
    panther
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:5c3feed6-6331-4956-8c4f-e9116811217e">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : Its way too early for an u/s for me.  Im only around 4 weeks.  Its hard to determine since I did IVF.  But they told me Sunday that it would be at least a week or 2. Erin- I will need to have a few more beta draws.  My next one is tomorrow. Because I had 2 losses and because of how i got here, I get monitored really closely.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Well, vibes and good luck tomorrow! 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:fbec37c1-51d7-4114-9aa6-7f360cd8fadc">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]TBH, I get a little uncomfortable sometimes at all the dmills/twins talk, lol.  Maybe uncomfortable isn't the right word.  I just feel weird about it.  I put myself in her shoes and imagine it would feel... weird?  I dunno.  If there are two in there, then there's two.  But I feel like the odds are there is just one baby in there, and once that is found out for sure then people will act disappointed, and even though it's all in jest it's still kinda shitty, kwim?  She's having <strong>multiple babies</strong>, that's pretty awesome.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

FTFY!
  • Options
    haha, steph.

I agree. I mean, twins would be cool, but every thread is dominated by twins talk! And not the crappy baseball team I choose to cheer for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:a4c32d30-a862-43cb-84ea-6b5dca9a68e9">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha, steph. I agree. I mean, twins would be cool, but every thread is dominated by twins talk! <strong>And not the crappy baseball team I choose to cheer f</strong>or.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

Now this is something we can all talk about. AATB included. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:c8daee58-0ea0-4446-8383-13afcaa20b0d">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : FTFY!
    damn it I miss my thumbs up when I'm on TK!<div>
    </div><div>We'll be happy either way...if it's twins I'm sending one to live with jcb</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dmils- Ill still vagina high five you for your 1 baby.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options

What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? Videotaping Twirlygirl’s reaction to getting *slungshot* sitting next to her best friend at 6 flags.

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?

Child – my big wheel with the yellow handlebars.  It. Was. Badass.

Teen – It was either my Michael Jackson’s Off the Wall album on vinyl FGS or my Sony Walkman lol

Now – It’s not *mine* per se - a chest full of keepsakes of my daughter’s firsts  

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why? Milburn, NJ.  Because it’s the perfect mix of everything that’s important to me right now

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? I’d spend it telling everybody what they’ve meant to me.  Then I’d break every plate in the place, greek-wedding style

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.  My Godfather’s a former president of a country

What CD is in your CD player right now? Conya Doss

• Options
    edited May 2012
    AATB - I think no matter how many babies are in there, nobody's going to actually be disappointed. Speaking as someone whose doctor was hearing more than one heartbeat, you get teased a bit for putting it out there. I definitely did. 

I certainly don't want dmill to feel uncomfortable (and I doubt anyone else does either) because I'm stoked for her to have a baby.

Okay, dmill. You can have your singleton baby...but if you have twin baby monkeys (not even twin baby humans, pssh) like the above picture, that would be great too. Because monkey babies are super, super cute.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:c8daee58-0ea0-4446-8383-13afcaa20b0d">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : FTFY!

DAMMIT STEPH lol
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:2b8af99a-1e8b-4415-b0c3-5891f080ee16">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : Now this is something we can all talk about. AATB included. ;)

I knew AATB was a Twins fan, but I didn't know if maybe your home state made you a Brewers fan.
  • Options
    Btw, I don't want to talk about the baseball Twins.  At ALL.
    panther
  • Options
    1. only sultry would come in and answer the poll like nothing else is going on.

2. I claim MN 99% of the time, Jenna. ;) I was born here, and my family is all from here. I just lived in WI for a few (13) years. ha
  • Options
    What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend?

Went and saw The Avengers movie.  It was pretty awesome.

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?
    child-my awesome stuffed animal collection
    teenager-my car
    now-my first home

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?
    Hawaii because I am tired of the Texas summer and i miss the beach.  Plus, I kind of dig the laid back vibe.

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do?
    Tell everyone I love them and say all the things I've been meaning to say to them.  Then eat all the most delicious things I can find

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.

Since this is the internet and no one really knows me, this is pretty open.  My favorite color is red.

What CD is in your CD player right now?
    I don't own CDs anymore and my itouch is broken so I've only been listening to the radio :(.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:a5a54e82-1208-4d92-999a-4a9d14405ed2">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Btw, I don't want to talk about the baseball Twins.  At ALL.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

me either, but I think I'm going to the Twins/ Brewers game in June which is always a good time. My H's friends are split between HARDCORE Twins fans and HARDCORE Brew Crew fans and they make it a ball (pun intended)

Ok, i'm done with baseball talk, too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:39e2473c-f2cd-49ea-8476-e6abb5382ed7">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmils- Ill still vagina high five you for your 1 baby.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    That's because you're awesome ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:1c3b32f3-159e-4885-8cf8-276e067f2137">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? Videotaping <strong>Twirlygirl</strong>’s reaction to getting *slungshot* sitting next to her best friend at 6 flags. What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now? Child – my big wheel with the yellow handlebars.   It. Was. Badass. Teen – It was either my Michael Jackson’s Off the Wall album on vinyl FGS or my Sony Walkman lol Now – It’s not *mine* per se - a chest full of keepsakes of my daughter’s firsts   If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why? Milburn, NJ.   Because it’s the perfect mix of everything that’s important to me right now If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? I’d spend it telling everybody what they’ve meant to me.   Then I’d break every plate in the place, greek-wedding style Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.   My Godfather’s a former president of a country What CD is in your CD player right now? Conya Doss<span style="font-size:9.16667px;" class="Apple-style-span">Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]</span><div>
    </div><div>Every time I see this, I get confused because I think it's a TK screenname and I don't recognize it.  It always takes me a minute to realize that you're referring to your daughter. 
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div></div>
  • Options
    I won't talk DMill twins but I will talk Elvis because I don't judge.  H's aunt is such a fan that she had 2 ETA's (Elvis Tribute ArtistsTongue out) perform at her pool-warming party a couple summers ago.  Unfortunately the 2nd guy was already hammered off the Everclear Jello shots that were being handed over the fence by the golf course beer cart girls and I didn't get a picture of him. 

• Options
    We aren't going to Twins games til August this year, although we might try to catch one a weekend in July.  In August it's the annual in-law family trip to the cities - we usually do a Twins game Friday, Valley Fair on Saturday, Twins again on Sunday and then go home.  This year Coldplay is going to be in the TC the same weekend, so Ben and I are going to that too :) So even though the Twins will likely still be stinking we will still have a good time.  Plus I can medicate myself during the games (read - get piss drunk) so fun will be had anyway.
    panther
  • Options
    When I was knocked up, people asking "Are you sure its not twins?" made me want to reach down their throat and rip their still-beating heart out. I gained 23 pounds total, so I was not that big. So thanks for making me feel like a freak, because I didn't feel uncomfortable enough already.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Steph I answer from the point I've read, I try to keep current but usually the thread has moved on by then, feel free to do the same.

LP sorry for the confusion I use it instead of her real name but I referenced it in Steph's newb round up thread.

eta:  Sept, I'm glad you got to see the u/s, I was thinking of you and Raynes this weekend.
  • Options
    alli - something I am dreading when I am pregnant is people touching my belly.  OH.  My God.  DO NOT.  FUCKING.  TOUCH ME.  Luckily I have time to formulate appropriate responses to that because as of right now all I can think of is "get your hands off my body you fucking fucker"
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards