Second Weddings

So what kind/color of wedding dress are you wearing?

2»

Re: So what kind/color of wedding dress are you wearing?

• edited December 2011
    I love the idea of some color though too. I should say that the look I'm going for is like the Audry (aka Audrey) dresses here: http://www.stephaniejamescouture.com/blog/?cat=26

I have a kicky fuschia crinoline on order, with turquoise ribbon edging. And the shoes are below.
    Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is the dress I originally wanted:

Impression Bridal - F2856

But I really like this one:

...don't know...I have been looking at too many dresses!!!Embarassed  But I'm wearing white, definitely!!!  (As if I never wore it before!!!)

S and CJ

S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is ivory because I look better in ivory than the white.  Had it been available in Diamond White, I might have chosen that.  It's a combination of ivory and white basically.  This is not at all what I went in search of, but after trying it on, "just for the fun of it," I loved it.  Good luck with your search.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• edited December 2011
    I am also going to be an oddball here.  We are having a private immediate family wedding ceremony conducted by his father (a minister) followed a month or so later by a big New Orleans style party celebrating the marriage rather than a traditional reception.  I am wearing an evening gown in either a ruby red or emerald green and plan to dance the night away! 
  • morrisonFTWmorrisonFTW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if I'll end up in white or ivory, but I would like to go on the lighter color side.. champagne, silvery-white or blush/baby pink would work too...

Dress is going to (hopefully, if I can find the right one) be a 1940s inspired cocktail dress.. probably sweetheart neckline, rouching on the bodice, and plenty of floofy crinoline in the circle skirt. 
  • edited December 2011
    I also didn't have a traditional dress the first time around, I wore my step-mom's dress from her wedding, and while I loved the sentiment behind it, I really wasn't thrilled with the dress.  I'm going to have a silver dress because it's my fave colour and I thought it would be cool to have.  I haven't found THE dress yet, but I have some ideas.
    I was going to go with a birdcage veil since I wasn't sure if it was "appropriate" to wear a full veil, but FI told me it was his dream to see me in a full length cathedral veil, and since nothing makes me happier than making him happy, I'm going for it :)
    June 2012 Sig Challnege July: Ceremony Location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_kindcolor-of-wedding-dress-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:274162dd-b2ca-4012-8d55-03b9bbcdf588Post:69afebfe-8764-4903-8e2f-7b4d2bd52bb4">Re: So what kind/color of wedding dress are you wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<font color="#000080"><strong>Ok...I might be the odd ball here.</strong></font>  I choose a silvery blue dress.  It's elegant, but still on the traditional side, with a kick.  I just decided that this is my second wedding, so I'm pushing the limits.  I went all out with my dress.  I'm even wearing a veil, but no blusher or tiara.  Just a one tier cathedrial veil.  Here's my dress, in the color shown which actually has a very pale baby blue tint to it... <a href="http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1324" rel='nofollow'>http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1324</a>
    Posted by renjon7798[/QUOTE]

Hey, wait!  I'm wearing blue ... scroll back up (first page).  The color is called dusk.  It rocks and goes very nicely with the snakeskin floral pumps I'm wearing.  Yummy!!!
  • calo1983calo1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do i figures out how were going to incorporate a little color in a way i like. were going to sew some very pretty butterflys unser the firt layer of fancy tulle like stuff so it will show through but will have a white "frosting" over it so will go with the res tof the dress. were changing the sleves a bit and havent added the butterflies yet...

alo the dress is pure white....  the camera was being mean to me...

excuse my messy room please...

• kasper923kasper923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is a light champagne color.  I love my dress but getting a white/ivory one would have been much easier when purchasing accessories.
  • milagro32milagro32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think u should wear white, I am getting married my second time, my dress is ivory and when i picked it up i was upset cause it almost looks like a vanilla tone, not ivory, i am stuck with it cause i aint got money for another one, Wedding in 6 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards