Wedding Etiquette Forum

KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?

Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kjb-andy-loopy-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b606adf5-a2a5-4db7-afbd-55b2a30185c1Post:da79ceb5-d5b5-42a8-a606-a45e96d09d33">Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only ever had Verizon.  Will you be on Sprint then LVB?  I don't even know what phones they have to pick from.  I had the blackberry storm before this and really liked it.  But now that I have the droid I realize how much better it is.  The battery life does suck though. Oh, and I love that the Kindle app is on it.  I already downloaded a book!
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    I have the Kindle, so I can't imagine really using that. But it's so great for people that haven't already gotten the Kindle!

And yes, we will be on Sprint. I had the Curve for my first smart phone and I LOVED it .I don't really care what BB I get for work, as long as I can have my Evo for fun. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna feel big ballin' with 2 phones lol
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Yeah Squirrly it definitely is bigger.  Since I had the storm before it wasn't much of a difference though, and it's actually a lot thinner.  I never really put it in my pockets, so that would be an issue of I did.  My purse has a front flap for my phone and i had to make sure it would fit in there before I would buy it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kjb-andy-loopy-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b606adf5-a2a5-4db7-afbd-55b2a30185c1Post:a96e3eee-14a4-4db0-a0ef-8b07945b2120">Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone? : Ooh, Estes Park is pretty!  Lots of elk, and Rocky Mountain NP has some of the best hiking in the state.  There's also a good bit of touristy shopping but... meh.  And it's only about an hour from me!
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    We're coming for a week. My parents gave us a week anywhere in the US and we choose the mountains for hiking and white water rafting. And eating good food in Denver. We've heard it's a great place for food? Adn then we'll probably go to Pikes Peak too!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Hello everyone!

LVB, do you know exactly when your H is graduating and when you would be available to leave? Do you only want to go to Italy, or are you ok with other destinations such as France and Spain? FI and I decided we wanted to go to Europe for our honeymoon, but we didn't really care where. We were open to the UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, or Scandinavia. Really the only place I didn't want to go was Germany. So FI spent a lot of time looking up fares until we found a great deal. We found tickets for BOTH of us to fly from DC to Madrid for under $900, which is pretty much unheard of. He used farecompare.com. Basically what I am saying is that you can find really cheap tickets. You just need to be flexible in a couple ways and I would start looking for flights ASAP.

If you are less flexible and really want to go to Italy (which I recommend highly) it is possible to get a flight from the US to somewhere in Europe (London and Paris are usually less expensive) and then get a seperate flight to Italy on one of the budget carriers such as RyanAir or Easy Jet. We are flying into Madrid, but we are not yet sure we will actually stay in Madrid. Neither of us have been to Portugal and we found some Easy Jet tickets from Madrid to Lisbon for 50 euros each, round trip. If we had flown directly to Lisbon it would have been about $600 dollars more, but by booking tickets seperately we could save a lot.

Anyway, sorry for the novel, I just wanted to let you know it is possible to go to Europe without spending a million dollars. And Europe is the best! Y'all will have a great time!
  • My mom got us a Kinect for xmas, so we're kinecting.  ha!  i'll be back later i'm sure.
    Photobucket
  • Haha I have a second phone for work but it's just an old school flip phone.  I use it only for making and receiving calls, and then use my own phone for whenever I have to text or email.  It seriously took me like 5 minutes to type out a text of only a few words because I couldn't remember how to text on a regular phone anymore.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't my pockets for my phone much really. Sometimes my back pocket. Oh well if it doesn't fit :)

Can you knot from the Android?
  • My Droid is 937 times better than my old BB.  BB's got a LONG way to go for me to have any interest in going back to that platform. 

Oh - our GPS spoke English, French, and German.  Maybe Italian.  We were able to request English, but I'm pretty sure that's standard on all the built-ins. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Hmmm, I haven't even tried yet.  Let me try now...
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kjb-andy-loopy-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b606adf5-a2a5-4db7-afbd-55b2a30185c1Post:86af36ef-e83b-432f-8c5b-df25c5122986">Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't my pockets for my phone much really. Sometimes my back pocket. Oh well if it doesn't fit :) Can you knot from the Android?
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Yup. I use the Opera Mini browser.
  • Anna, that's a really great idea. We're pretty open to location. Well, somewhat. H has to see Italy, but not in any particular order. That's an AMAZING deal with the flights, good for you!

He won't graduate for 2 1/2- 3 years, so we have awhile. After FIL told us today that he woudl pay for Europe, I told him that he wasn't getting any utnil then so I didn't accidently get knocked up and ruin our plans!
  • Yeah, I can knot from it, but I mostly just read.  I'm too lazy to try to type out long posts on there. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kjb-andy-loopy-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b606adf5-a2a5-4db7-afbd-55b2a30185c1Post:2a9a01cf-1e92-4394-814a-6ecac5a99676">Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone? : We're coming for a week. My parents gave us a week anywhere in the US and we choose the mountains for hiking and white water rafting. And eating good food in Denver. We've heard it's a great place for food? Adn then we'll probably go to Pikes Peak too!
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

I love white-water rafting so much!  Denver does have pretty good food- remind me when your trip is closer and I'll give you some suggestions :)
  • I know we'd take our GPS anyway, even to use for walking around.

Did you preorder any maps or anything? I know that would have really helped me out when I went the first time. I don't know if it's possible though. I'd like city street maps, along with public transportation maps and schedules.
  • Oh, well you have a lot of time to plan then. And maybe, if you're really lucky, the dollar will be worth something by then! I have a feeling I will be watching the exchange rates very closely this summer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kjb-andy-loopy-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b606adf5-a2a5-4db7-afbd-55b2a30185c1Post:d71852cf-d0c5-4cb1-93de-266b6b0bfa91">Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone? : I love white-water rafting so much!  Denver does have pretty good food- remind me when your trip is closer and I'll give you some suggestions :)
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kjb-andy-loopy-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b606adf5-a2a5-4db7-afbd-55b2a30185c1Post:adc4bca9-c508-4577-8052-4d5cd475004b">Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, well you have a lot of time to plan then. And maybe, if you're really lucky, the dollar will be worth something by then! I have a feeling I will be watching the exchange rates very closely this summer.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, the exchange rate hurt really, really bad. Especially in London!
  • I agree on how much better and faster it is.  I'm a little angry with it right now because it didn't send my emails through to my phone last night so I didn't see that H had emailed me until like 3 hours later when he called to make sure I was okay.  But I like it soooo much better than my BB now.  The crappy thing is that H has the Storm also and I know when he comes back and plays with mine he will want it, and he will have to pay retail for it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • try www.wirefly.com. That's where we're getting ours. Then add in my discount from the new company, and it's 23% off our monthy bill.
  • I downloaded some pdfs of the metro in Paris, but mostly I just used the one in the travel book.  We used the GPS for driving maps, and because H had been stationed in Germany before, he had a good feel for a lot of it.  I think he got a map of Koln before we got there, and we picked up map of old Brugges that was very detailed and handy when we got to the hotel. 

We're not really big on paper maps if we don't have to have them, so we went with the electronic alternative every chance we had.  There were plenty of maps available there, though. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kjb-andy-loopy-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b606adf5-a2a5-4db7-afbd-55b2a30185c1Post:adc4bca9-c508-4577-8052-4d5cd475004b">Re: KJB? Andy? Loopy? Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, well you have a lot of time to plan then. And maybe, if you're really lucky, the dollar will be worth something by then! I have a feeling I will be watching the exchange rates very closely this summer.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]
    Where in Europe are you going? My parents went to Rome for two weeks in September. When they got back, my mother was complaining that when they booked their trip, it was around $1.20 to the Euro, and when they got there, it was more like $1.40 and how expensive everything was because of it. All I could think was, you're telling me...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have the Incredible - I love it.  I don't knot on it.  I'm rarely away from my laptop unless i'm sleeping or busy doing other stuff so I don't usually web surf much from my phone.  I agree it would be a pain to type on it though.
  • Rome, Florence, France, Athens, London and Stonehenge.
  • present!!!!  I have been such a busy little elf today.  I got the presents ready for my mom, dad, sisters, and step-mom - all to ship out tomorrow!  I am exhausted and might go to bed soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was in London in the spring of 2007 when the pound was about $1.99.  That hurt.

I want to go back to Europe, but I think Peru is our next trip.  (I'm not complaining about Peru, though.)
  • Hello ladies.

We just got home. I am exhausted for some reason, it has to be this crazy weather. I am so glad I don't have to work for the next two weeks.
  • dnb - you are gold!!!!!  I'm so proud of you!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We bought Rick Steve's Italy book that came with a map - we used it a couple of times.  Everywhere we went was pretty easy to get around with the GPS though for driving.  There were maps available everywhere we went.  I wouldn't worry much about buying them ahead of time.
  • Does the Incredible have the Swype text entry?  I love it, but I'm still slower on it than I was on my storm.  It's only been a few days though so I'm sure I'll get quicker.  I am pretty much always near my laptop anyways so I never tried knotting either.  I'm trying now just because I'm curious.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey Andy!  What's up?  Are you watching the Packers?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards