February 2013 Weddings

engagement photos

Have you guys had your engagement photos taken yet? If so, what did you wear? I am having a hard time narrowing it down! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: engagement photos

• We were going to but then never could get them done and then had some pictures taken at Sear's for free (for a montage) on random. One of the pictures that was taken is my display picture. <----- If I had to redo it, I'd wear nicer but normal/comfy clothing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Just got mine in today! i LOVE them. we met online so the images are fitting :) these are just some of them. keep in mind its Alaska and its COLD! :)

where he proposed :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker imagekayak
  • Valerie your photos are amazing! 

I had some informal engagement photos taken the day he proposed (it was a big to do and LOTS of ppl were there, including my family...and it was all a complete surprise)...I would LOVE to have some formal engagement photos taken but really don't want to "fight" that battle with FI (he's all..."well we have photos from the proposal blah blah blah" lol) but if I had my way I would wear some nice jeans, heels and a dressy top with my hair down with a little wave to it.  I'd want FI to wear a top that doesn't clash with mine, but not necessarily the same color preferably a button down or one of those collar shirts with the 2 or 3 buttons (i forgot what those are called)...and i wouldn't mind him wearing jeans & clean sneakers :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for the advice! I think we are going to do 2-3 outfits and I was going to do a dress for one, a really casual outfit and then kind of a dressy top with jeans and wedges :) 

Valerie P those photos are great! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not yet!! We live in TX and our wedding is in MA, so we've planned ahead to have ours done in August. A little later than I would've liked, but my fiance works for the govt and getting any time off is such a pain. I definitely want to have at least 2 different outfits! I'm just nervous about looking like a complete goofball on camera lol! 
  • Oh yea! I forgot about the outfit change, duh! lol...i love the idea of a nice dress also!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_engagement-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:51b8df68-6090-4371-91fe-2f82a309e1dcPost:35e8b09a-e991-4875-8a68-4809120444b4">Re: engagement photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the advice! I think we are going to do 2-3 outfits and I was going to do a dress for one, a really casual outfit and then kind of a dressy top with jeans and wedges :)  Valerie P those photos are great! 
    Posted by kjh13[/QUOTE]
  • edited March 2012
    We did ours two weeks ago and should be getting our pictures back anytime. I'll post some of them when we get them. We did a casual outfit and than changed into a dresser outfit. For my casual outfit, I wore jeans, a nice gray and black top, and sandals. for our dressy picture I wore a dress and dress sandals (can't wear heels with my fiance since he is only 1 inch taller).

What you described sounds great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's a couple of ours that were taken that day at Sear's that I just found to add. We didn't plan it so there were no changing outfits.

our families love to joke how we were kissing fish in another life so yeah...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • awww hope you two look so sweet together!
  • Thanks Julyet. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • We took some! We took some downtown San Antonio with a "nicer oufit" and Dallas Cowboy gear bc FH loves them and we also took some at a bowling alley in the purple getups.

Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • krd - those look awesome. :) so much love is showing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to Re:engagement photos:[QUOTE]krd those look awesome. : so much love is showing. Posted by HopefulLife[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much :
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • You guys are on the ball! I haven't done mine yet. We have just decided on a photographer so we should be taking them sometime next month.

• My fiance and I are having our engagement photos done on Sunday, and I'm really nervous, ha! I'm trying to think of outfits, and I decided that one of our outfits will be our Renaissance Faire costumes, because we're nerds and love going to local Renaissance Faires. Also, we will be incorporating some medieval/Celtic ideas in our wedding. :) Other than that, I'm thinking of nice jean capris, black strappy high heel wedges, and a t-shirt (not sure what yet). So excited and nervous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards