Not Engaged Yet

Anyone around?

Re: Anyone around?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:bd63260b-dade-4a69-8af6-e624e4bef0c8">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : agreed. on all counts. especially jake. oh and i'm on my third bowl of cheese bals and 6th beer. this is a balanced dinner, right?
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

<div>I had spaghetti squash with cauliflower, chicken, pasta sauce and cheese.  My dinner was balanced enough for the both of us.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I'm now having vodka and popcorn.  So, I approve of beer and cheese balls</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hmm - despite the mixed reviews, I think I'll have to see if I can find this sweet tea vodka. I wonder if we have it in Canada? I'm fairly well acquainted with the vodka aisle, and I've never seen it, but that doesn't mean we don't have it. I expect it will taste like Pimms (a mixed, dark gin), lemonade, and ginger ale. But more vodka-y and less fizzy.

And yes, Bean, your dinner is 100% balanced. Your 2 key food groups are covered: Booze and cheese.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:e656dabc-acf2-4c35-a94d-cea4650ce508">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm - despite the mixed reviews, I think I'll have to see if I can find this sweet tea vodka. I wonder if we have it in Canada? I'm fairly well acquainted with the vodka aisle, and I've never seen it, but that doesn't mean we don't have it. I expect it will taste like Pimms (a mixed, dark gin), lemonade, and ginger ale. But more vodka-y and less fizzy. And yes, Bean, your dinner is 100% balanced. Your 2 key food groups are covered: Booze and cheese.
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

<div>I love Pimms. It's sort of similar but not exactly. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:4327d407-d7c8-4d7c-8ce7-09634eb8d39a">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : The vodka is sweet tea flavored & you mix it in lemonade. It is amazing & perfect on a hot day :)
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    This and I'm back!<div>
    </div>

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:3253f4bb-063a-4f2b-8ffc-1db7e178cecd">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peek: 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>O.M.G.  I NEED THAT FRAMED SOMEWHERE IN MY HOME.</div>
    I french with my man
  • well thank goodness. i am going to finish this last bowl without any regrets.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• edited August 2012
    Oh I love spaghetti squash pee k. So good.

ETA I drool over british men I dated one for a few weeks like 5yrs ago I could listen to him talk for hours.

Anniversary

• I have to leave you all for now. Gotta clean the kitty boxes and then being the bada$$ that I am, I might watch that Justin Bieber movie I've been meaning to watch. Don't judge me. I have an appreciation for people that play drums.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:6f5190f0-cf19-4658-a6b3-e400a4e0b987">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to leave you all for now. Gotta clean the kitty boxes and then being the bada$$ that I am, I might watch that Justin Bieber movie I've been meaning to watch. Don't judge me. I have an appreciation for people that play drums.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

<div>I have no comment on the JB thing. </div><div>
    </div><div>Have a great night, Mel! </div>

• goodnite melmac
    We're eating nachos and salsa I'm craving gauc and too tired/lazy to go back out.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:88be464b-7a7a-4430-bc89-807bbc6dddc1">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : I dated an iranian-brit who grew up in England and he had the whole dark looks and sexy accent.  We weren't on the same page with life goals and I think like Arrested Development, his accent distracted me from the underlying actual words.  When he stopped being so sweet, I lost interest.  We dated about a month. Though I did love it when he called me "angel" in his Brit accent.  Now my husband works with him.  I don't consider him an ex though because it was so casual.  H knows about him and gloats a little that he got to marry me. ETA: his fiancee is one of those chicks that had a pinterest board of wedding stuff a year before they were engaged.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]<div>lol your husband is the lucky one!!  I love some of the british phrases they use I always call the restaurant the "loo".

</div>

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:8fbe02cc-2456-445a-bf6f-d666f348cf5b">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mutley, I'm sorry.  That is the suck.  Funny story though, a friend of my mom's just had a baby.  They're in CA, which is why I thought of you.  And they just named their daughter <strong>Ever</strong>.  I thought it was funny, and that you'd appreciate it.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

This is just kind of cruel.  She won't ever be made fun of ever. 

My part of the kids' bedtime routines is done.  Let the wine begin. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH PIMMS, RDR?!?! I seriously know only 5 other people who've ever heard of it, and that's because we all drink it together. And it's amazing. And dangerous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Gavin is named after a Brit.  He is one of DH's best friends.  Coincidentally, he was also an Olympic swimmer. 

I shall go find a picture. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:621c1b83-b1f7-4c10-8661-d229ed628237">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH PIMMS, RDR?!?! I seriously know only 5 other people who've ever heard of it, and that's because we all drink it together. And it's amazing. And dangerous.
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep! I work with a lot of Brits & I guess it's big over there so they introduced me to it a couple years ago. </div>

• Gavin and Gavin

(And the matching was NOT planned.  Haha)
  • Is anyone watching the Olympics right now? These runners are BAD ASS.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:b5aebc0a-5423-4af9-b08c-3d48b3a8db02">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone watching the Olympics right now? These runners are BAD ASS.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Effing time delay. 
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Part of me wishes M had the accent, but his parents do, so I get to hear it often enough.  Also, he still says things like loo for bathroom (although only with his parents on that one), boot for trunk, and flannel for washcloth.  I've started saying boot around him as well.  It's very odd.  If we get married and move to England though, I'm never coming home.  EVER.

ETA: Mutley, they're precious.

Rach, I am not watching the olympics because I hate my family and refuse to watch TV with them.  And I have no cable in my room.
    I french with my man
  • And because I just came across this, you all have to be subjected!

G takes on sweet potatoes!

• Hey guys!

I'm farking exhausted.  Today was great, but sooo long.  And I got exactly 50 minutes of sleep last night, so my eyes are starting to blur, but I can't go to bed yet because I'm sleeping in my cousin's living room and everyone else is still awake.

And she doesn't have cable, so I'm limited to watching Olympics videos online.  Booo.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:369ad978-fff6-403e-bfad-9c03c7f539e5">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Then I will find reasons to visit you.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you watch House Hunters International?  There was one on a few weeks ago where a couple was moving to Ireland, and they wanted like 3 bedrooms (and had a reasonable budget).  The first home they showed them was a MANOR.  Complete with ballroom and fireplaces all over the place and cherubs in the actual walls.  M and I were like "Umm, where do we sign?"  So, if we ever do that, then you will have plenty of room to bring you and E and the munchkins.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Mutley your kids are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:232e7a4f-4cf8-4712-8ebe-e1f1eb086222">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Super hilarious! ETA:  I didn't realize that G had MET Gavin the senior.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

Luckily, British Gavin married an American!  They got married in London because they live there.  We weren't able to go to the wedding because we wouldn't have been able to get little Gavin a passport in time.  However, they had a big party at her parents' house in AZ when they came for a visit.  

Before Brock, we were contemplating going to visit them during the Olympics. 
  • I saw something about the race walkers last night on our news (one of the women is from my area) & she can WALK a mile faster than I can RUN a mile. What in the hell is that?!

Peek if you move to England you can't watch the Eagles. Or go to unlimited mimosa brunches. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:54bedb9d-b909-4381-8bb3-1e4479dfabd3">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw something about the race walkers last night on our news (one of the women is from my area) & she can WALK a mile faster than I can RUN a mile. What in the hell is that?! Peek if you move to England you can't watch the Eagles. Or go to unlimited mimosa brunches. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>1. I can watch the Eagles on the interwebz.</div><div>
    </div><div>2. I'm sure England has unlimited mimosa brunch that beats our mimosa brunches up and then tosses them in the Thames.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Hi Elle! How was today? Successful?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:03236a8d-659c-43b7-8fc7-dae884f81f42">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : 1. I can watch the Eagles on the interwebz. 2. I'm sure England has unlimited mimosa brunch that beats our mimosa brunches up and then tosses them in the Thames.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>1) Nope.</div><div>
    </div><div>2) Definitely nope. And I'm glad to see you're proud to be an American, hoar. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27eb6596-a91c-4cb5-876b-bf4382211d28Post:3bc3fba1-be2c-4ba0-b176-485d02c50699">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Elle! How was today? Successful?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

It was good.  I learned a lot and I feel really motivated.

I'm also feeling a little discouraged, though.  The program is significantly more competitive than I thought based on the research I had done.  It'll be a freaking miracle if I get in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards