Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Rehearsal at Reception Hall????

Are any of you getting married at a reception hall & having a rehearsal/ rehearsal dinner? My fiance & I want to have the "dinner" to thank our bridal party & give them gifts but my reception hall said most couples that get married there do not rehearse. We are considering not rehearsing. We are getting married on a Sat & they can only give us a Wed night to rehearse. We wanted Thursday but it's not available. I don't want to feel stressed on my wedding day if we decide to wing it & not rehearse. But how hard is it to walk down an isle & take your seat, right?? My officiant will not even be at our rehearsal.

Any comments, thoughts & opinions will help. Thanks alot :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rehearsal at Reception Hall????

• Options
    If I were you, I would just skip the rehearsal.  I definitely wouldn't have it on Wednesday before the wedding.  That would be really difficult for anyone that had to be in from out of town to be in  your wedding party, if that applies to you.

You don't have to have a rehearsal.  Before the ceremony, you can just line everyone up the way you want them and go.  It's not that big of a deal usually.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd want a rehersal, but like danieliza said, if you have oot WP, then Wednesday won't work.
  • Options
    I think we are doing a big dinner the night before the wedding at FIL's bakery. I don't think we need to be onsite to rehearse...we'll just go through everything the night before. So I guess what I'm saying is, maybe you could get together elsewhere the night before, and do a bit of a run-through before you relax and have dinner? HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You don't need to do the rehearsal at the reception hall. But I agree that unless you have a huge wedding party, walking up the aisle isn't that hard.

You can still have a nice dinner the night before and give your gifts. Or give gifts the morning of the wedding when you are getting ready.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ditto homediva. you don't need to be on-site to have a rehearsal. just do a quick run-through the night before with the main actors (haha) to make sure everyone knows their mark, then go eat and be merry.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards