California-Bay Area

Lafayette, CA, Postino Restaurant, potential ceremony sites?

I'm considering having my ceremony and reception at Postino in Lafayette, CA, next April 2011. Has anyone been to a wedding there? What time did the ceremony start? I'm mostly concerned about the street noise during the ceremony.  

We may have a short, quick ceremony somewhere else nearby if we can find a good place that has an indoor option in case it rains.  Do you know of any non-church that would allow a quick ceremony in Lafayette without charging an arm and a leg?

Thanks for any help/suggestions you have.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lafayette, CA, Postino Restaurant, potential ceremony sites?

• edited December 2011
    Tilden Botannical Gardens in Tilden Park can offer a quick place and cheap. $68 for Contra Costa or Alameda County residents. You pick whatever garden you want but there isn't anything that will cover you if it rains.

There is also Wildwood Acres:
    http://www.wildwoodacres.com/Home.html - never been there but it's in Lafayette in the hills.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm really looking for someplace in the Lafayette/Walnut Creek area so we don't have to drive too far.  It'd be nice if it was small and quaint too, since we'll only be 45-50 guests.  I considered the gardens at Heather Farms but not sure there is a good indoor option there.

Thanks again and if you hear of anything else let me know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was actually considering Postino as a possible wedding location as well. I drove past it and it looks like a great venue for a small group. I think they also have the atrium available for an indoor ceremony. . . Have you e-mailed them for information, I usually find emailing them first hells give a better understanding of the venue. 
  • edited December 2011
    As a planner I have done several weddings there - I also know the owners-  you'll have a lovely time and the food, wine and service are incredible- 

Depending on the time-  it may be a good idea to do ceremony elsewhere- if you are thinking small and outdoors- check out the Lafayette Reservoir 
    If you need addational inspiration or looking for a "Day of Coordinator" - check us out at   http://www.idovenues.com/
  • SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe St. Mary's in Moraga has something?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. We've chosen Scott's Garden in Walnut Creek for our wedding ceremony and reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards