Registry and Gift Forum

Home improvement stuff?

We bought a house in 2011 and it came without blinds on the windows. FI wants to register for blinds. I think it's a little weird, but told him I'd get others' opinions. Thoughts?

Re: Home improvement stuff?

• A friend registered for curtains and rods at BB&B so it's not that unusual.  If you want to get them at a place that does not have registries, use the money that people give as a gift to get them.  Do not register for gift cards; it's the same as registering for cash.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • You will more than likely get some cash gifts so I would just use some of that toward purchasing the blinds. 

Agree w/above tldh, do not ask for gift cards. It is the same as asking for cash which is inappropriate.
  • I don't think it is weird, maybe not the "norm" but I'd still put home improvement stuff in the same category as towels & kitchen appliances.  Maybe it's because we just bought our first home last year and I understand where you are coming from =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't think it's weird at all to ask for blinds or shades.  I'm not sure that's the gift I'd select from your registry, but I wouldn't think twice about seeing something like that on your registry. 
  • I registered for blinds @ BBB.  Like many people, we've combined two households and don't need towels or kitchen gadgets.  I do, however, hate the blinds that came with the house and would love new ones.  I can't imagine that people would side-eye it on my registry and if they do... at least I'm not asking them to pay for my wedding or honeymoon :)  
  • Go for it if it's something you need. Sounds like something an aunt or mother or others may enjoy giving you since they understand the practicality.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards