Plus-Sized

Here is my dress - thoughts? Bonny 1206 - Lots of Pics

I went to Miss Pamela's it is in Rochester IN, I had a say yes to the dress moment.  I am from Chicago.  It was well worth the drive.  I tried on 20 dresses or so (they have over 150 all plus size samples).  I am a street size 22 with a large bust (46 G/F  ish).  I tried on this dress and loved it. It happened to be the last dress I tried on.  I was willing to try on more but once I put it on and stared at myself in the mirror, I knew.    It is very different from what I thought I wanted, but I think that is part of the experience.  You think you want one style, then you try on many dresses to you find the one. Also the dresses look so different on the models.   When you try them on you can really see how they flatter you.  I think the model pic for my dress does not fit her well .  My advise keep an open mind try on many different styles and types of dresses.  Give the consultant good feedback on what you like and do not like about each dress.  Then you will have a better chance of knowing that you have found the one.  I initially went in thinking of a more reveiling dress with ruching and a sweetheart top.   And ended up loving this elegant timeless look. 

eeping an open mind and enjoying the experience. 

Re: Here is my dress - thoughts? Bonny 1206 - Lots of Pics

• Very Pretty. And nice to see another Bonny bride! My dress is also a Bonny. I haven't seen many others on here.

You look lovely. Congrats on finding "the one".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful !!  Make sure you add your dress to the "show us your plus size dress" thread at the top of this board! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_here-is-my-dress-thoughts-bonny-1206-lots-of-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:784e582a-7e73-4de0-b07f-2d3867010693Post:96a0e9ec-fa2a-46f9-8813-17053a33f77a">Re: Here is my dress - thoughts? Bonny 1206 - Lots of Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful !!  Make sure you add your dress to the "show us your plus size dress" thread at the top of this board! 
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

thank you both.  I added it!
  • if you dont mind me asking how much did the boney line go for at your salon. there is one place in my state that has the bridesmade line but they told me they could get me some bridal gowns on loan i know prices vary from state to state but i would like a gestmate 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_here-is-my-dress-thoughts-bonny-1206-lots-of-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:784e582a-7e73-4de0-b07f-2d3867010693Post:a0416e0f-b70b-4b0f-99c7-03509439f8dd">Re: Here is my dress - thoughts? Bonny 1206 - Lots of Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]if you dont mind me asking how much did the boney line go for at your salon. there is one place in my state that has the bridesmade line but they told me they could get me some bridal gowns on loan i know prices vary from state to state but i would like a gestmate 
    Posted by hyechica81[/QUOTE]

It's my understanding that Bonny wedding gowns go for about $700-1500.00, depending on the style.  they probably won't vary by huge amounts based on geography.  Maybe $50-100.
  • The back of it is just gorgeous! I love the whole thing and you look absolutely stunning. Very, very nice find.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_here-is-my-dress-thoughts-bonny-1206-lots-of-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:784e582a-7e73-4de0-b07f-2d3867010693Post:a0416e0f-b70b-4b0f-99c7-03509439f8dd">Re: Here is my dress - thoughts? Bonny 1206 - Lots of Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]if you dont mind me asking how much did the boney line go for at your salon. there is one place in my state that has the bridesmade line but they told me they could get me some bridal gowns on loan i know prices vary from state to state but i would like a gestmate 

So I hear that Bonny Dresses run anywear from $700 p $1300.   Mine was in the middle about $1000.00
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_here-is-my-dress-thoughts-bonny-1206-lots-of-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:784e582a-7e73-4de0-b07f-2d3867010693Post:6885efc8-1aa5-4f6f-ad6b-9f046fafcb78">Re: Here is my dress - thoughts? Bonny 1206 - Lots of Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]The back of it is just gorgeous! I love the whole thing and you look absolutely stunning. Very, very nice find.
    Posted by PearlyPanda[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the kind words.   I love it as well and really like that I had a great experience picking it out.   The salon was great.   It was a part of the wedding process that I was very very worried about and was not sure if 1) I could find a dress I love and 2) if I could find a salon to give me that "say yes to the dress" experience.   I heard so many horror stories about plus size girls not being treated very well in salons that I knew if that happened to me I would be very crushed and defeated in the process.   In stread, my friends and I had a fun road trip.   A wonderful day and I could have not been happier. 
  • Beautiful that is one of the styles I will be trying on this weekend my mom book it lol and I hope I do not have to speak my mind cause I am shy and polite at first but if you try to put me down. My Irish temper comes out and I am not one to mess with I never was like this until I had to grow a set to leave my ex. And since than I have not let anyone else try to control me or put me down. I am going to three stores this weekend one is a Plus size wedding store if I can't find my dress this weekend I will be fine but I hope to find my engagement party dress atleast ;.
  • Ok thanks the salonbi am going to said the 3 I liked one of them is your dress goes for 1100.under my budget of 150O
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_here-is-my-dress-thoughts-bonny-1206-lots-of-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:784e582a-7e73-4de0-b07f-2d3867010693Post:4a58145f-f201-4b4d-932e-d7bb26008ffd">Re:Here is my dress thoughts? Bonny 1206 Lots of Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok thanks the salonbi am going to said the 3 I liked one of them is your dress goes for 1100.under my budget of 150O

Sounds great.  Good luck shopping.  Have fun, keep an open mind and try on lots of dresses.
  • SO beautiful! I am very close to your body type and didn't even consider this style! But it looks gorgeous on you. Will definitely keep in mind when I go dress shopping in a few weeks!
  • Very pretty!! i love the top! it fits you very well! you will make a beautiful bride :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thank you!  Keep me posted on how all of your dress shopping goes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards