Snarky Brides

AYG

Re: AYG

• H is very passive and depending on my mood I'm either really passive aggressive or just aggressive.  I rarely yell at him or swear at him though. Of the two of us, I'm more of a fighter. But that's just because I'm more of a crankypants.

• mkrupar, yes. He hates having any kind of difficult conversation. I'm not talking about if I call him a fvckhead or something, I could understand him not wanting to put up with that. Usually he'll say something like "I need time to process this," but really he just says that to get out of the conversation. OR he won't tell me when he's mad about something, and then later he'll flip out finally because he's had all this stuff building up. Oh crap, am I really airing my dirty laundry on TK right now??
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:4c4c2ddd-f267-4955-89b7-066921e29831">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : As is her usage of the word "beau"
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

<div>For the record, I have not used beau since I got called out for it the first time.</div>

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:3059882f-ebba-44f4-905f-0438ddc0357d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : This is how I am too, Steph. I wanna fight it out, H doesn't. You know how hard it is to fight with someone who doesn't want to fight? It's annoying.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

Very. I get so mad at him because he just bends over and takes it sometimes, even if I'm being ridiculous. He is getting better though at asserting himself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:6aabbbbc-496c-4e2f-acf3-44ecc2a5d0e2">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Well on the same hand though, just because you and your H DO do it (lol, do do.) doesn't mean it's NOT a red flag for others.</strong> Ben and I don't brawl.  If he flew off the handle one day, yelled at me and called me an asshole or a biiitch or cvnt, it would really, really suck.  He's never said anything like that to me.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I agree it's her life Blue. I was just trying to point out what AATB is saying above. I don't care what happens with Angel's relationship and how they fight. Just thinking out loud on the subject.
  • Unbeknownst to many I am a brawler. Sh!t gets loud real fast and objects get thrown. I'm fight as though I'm 12 and as I've said before I'm half Italian. You should see how my mom fights and she's full blooded pasta and red wine to the face Italian.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:03a1a911-ad04-4f6f-94fa-2d9e170c0fb4">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to specify that the candle I threw wasn't lit.  The wax just shattered. Really leaving now. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    This clarification helps because I 100% thought it was a lit candle and that there was melted wax everywhere.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• FI and I are on opposite ends of brawler status. I can get into it pretty crazy and often fly off the rails and he is passives and very timid. It makes the brawler in me so mad that shiiit just doesn't get to him as easily as it does me. I do think it helps in our  very few fights because I just go off and vent. Hhe ends it with his calm vents and we go about our day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:03a1a911-ad04-4f6f-94fa-2d9e170c0fb4">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to specify that the candle I threw wasn't lit.  The wax just shattered. Really leaving now. 

Haha, I was thinking to myself, "Eagles is pretty hard core, throwing lit candles around..."
  • Whatever, Eagles is a flame thrower.

I should add that I get fired up about stuff waaay more than H, but I never get overly fired up when he and I are arguing. I'm usually quick to anger with things like traffic jams.
  • We walk when we fight - I used to go running when I got mad at him, and then he started tagging along. My fuse is shorter and I get mad more often, but when he gets mad it's ugly and he gets loud.

I can count on one hand the number of times we've had real all out fights with us being mad. We get along very well or maybe we just don't spend enough time together to fight with him on the road.
  • Man that post DJ linked is chock full of the TK party lines.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]We walk when we fight I used to go running when I got mad at him, and then he started tagging along. My fuse is shorter and I get mad more often, but when he gets mad it's ugly and he gets loud.I can count on one hand the number of times we've had real all out fights with us being mad. We get along very well or maybe we just don't spend enough time together to fight with him on the road. Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]
    We get it, you two do everything together.
  • I'm a leaver. Not a relationship leaver, but if shiiit hits the fan I'm outta there. I get in the car and drive, or run, or walk. I don't want to talk or yell or anything. I want to turn up the music loud and GTFO. Is there a category for that type of behavior? I'll come back in a few hours and be completely over it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:da820664-538a-4d26-9979-d26c770a643d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a leaver. Not a relationship leaver, but if shiiit hits the fan I'm outta there. I get in the car and drive, or run, or walk. I don't want to talk or yell or anything. I want to turn up the music loud and GTFO. Is there a category for that type of behavior? I'll come back in a few hours and be completely over it.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

This is H too and I HATE it! He comes back and I'm ready for WW3 because I've just been sitting there fuming the whole time he was gone.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:da820664-538a-4d26-9979-d26c770a643d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a leaver. Not a relationship leaver, but if shiiit hits the fan I'm outta there. I get in the car and drive, or run, or walk. I don't want to talk or yell or anything. I want to turn up the music loud and GTFO. Is there a category for that type of behavior? I'll come back in a few hours and be completely over it.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I am the same exact way.  When shiiit gets heated im out.  Typically, when I get back its like it never even happened.  Thats not normal, is it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]We walk when we fight I used to go running when I got mad at him, and then he started tagging along. My fuse is shorter and I get mad more often, but when he gets mad it's ugly and he gets loud.I can count on one hand the number of times we've had real all out fights with us being mad. We get along very well or maybe we just don't spend enough time together to fight with him on the road. Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

If I'm going on a cool down walk/run you can bet your pretty arse I will not have the offending party accompany me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:20921fbd-5800-46f1-81b3-077ea1df33b2">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Oh Jesus no.  I'm not that much of a nutcase. 
    I sort of wish that you were.<div>
    </div><div>Don't fvck with Eagles.  She'll throw a lit candle at your face.</div>

• See, now look. Everyone can leave Angel alone because we are all b!tches and our H's are all douche canoes and we probably all have had rough patches where we thought "Oh this isn't going to work!"

I'm in the same boat as Nichole...I want to fight and fight hard, and H is all like, "it hurts me when we fight like this." and then I feel bad but won't give in usually until like the next day. All I said once was Eff off (not even the real F word!) and he told me that was the most disrespectful thing I could ever say.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:f0d28267-05bb-4f37-a44f-0d272826dba8">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I can't stop laughing.  This is legitmately hilarious. 
    I wish I could say it out loud because intonation is important.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:a3985401-7102-4bb0-b4d5-8beb7acd1920">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unbeknownst to many I am a brawler. Sh!t gets loud real fast and objects get thrown. I'm fight as though I'm 12 and as I've said before I'm half Italian. You should see how my mom fights and she's full blooded pasta and red wine to the face Italian.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I think most Boston broads are. Reminds me of the Mark Wahlberg qoute (on phone cant google ).
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:79fa85f4-cecd-43d9-b56b-515303a07d0f">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG: If I'm going on a cool down walk/run you can bet your pretty arse I will not have the offending party accompany me.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I think it's easier to talk if we're doing something.
  • I would bet my house that if some of you said the ish ive said to H, he would divorce you lol. But that's the beauty of each relationship being different.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:af9b96aa-85b2-4440-9ed3-e0814c1a9c4a">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would bet my house that if some of you said the ish ive said to H, he would divorce you lol. But that's the beauty of each relationship being different.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm so seriously shocked sometimes when girls come on here with H problems and people are like "RED FLAG! Therapy!! Divorce!!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:4d359489-7b1f-4e00-9b83-14ccef668a97">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG: We get it, you two do everything together.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I think I might have worded my first posts here poorly - he's on the road 4 days a week, I work in a corporate office, we do not really do everything together. I don't do much other than work, but that's my choice right now.

When he's home we do spend most of our time together, but most weeks we have from 6ish on Thursday to noon on Sunday and I work Friday, so there's not much time to spend together in there.
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG:I would bet my house that if some of you said the ish ive said to H, he would divorce you lol. But that's the beauty of each relationship being different.Posted by Blueyed228Agreed. I'm so seriously shocked sometimes when girls come on here with H problems and people are like "RED FLAG! Therapy!! Divorce!!" Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

Some stuff on here has certainly been therapy worthy, maybe even divorce worthy if things couldn't be fixed. Most of it though is just a major case of panties in a bunch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:b114677c-47bb-4e76-ad35-9cd029cc17c9">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Agreed. I'm so seriously shocked sometimes when girls come on here with H problems and people are like "RED FLAG! Therapy!! Divorce!!"
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

The therapy crap makes me laugh.

That being said im on my way out the door for my first therapy session to get my anger under control lol so there is that.

**disclaimer** im angry about IF ish not H/life
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    That reminds me. Who was the chick who's H grinded with girls at his party and smoked a joint??? Out with it.
  • I still think that was a lurker Nebb. Would be a lot more interesting if it wasn't though.

and for how many fucking times people tell other people to get therapy on here, just... that's a lot of therapy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1847c76e-2fda-4d1d-8766-38ce99f794f2Post:298aa681-4034-4df7-864a-b581c3237468">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Well, you can, but...I can't hear you.  ;)
    MAYBE I'LL RECORD MYSELF SAYING IT.<div>
    </div><div>I want to do more YouTube video posts so I can hear everyone talk again.</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards