Wedding Etiquette Forum

Look here...

Re: Look here...

• How random, RIGHT? I had something I had to say to her. I don't remeber what it was though. BUT IT WAS IMPORTANT.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Random question for you guys, what do you think about memorial stickers and things for people?  Like when people have "In memory of..." stickers on their car and stuff?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • It's good to see you guys too.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I just learned about the sequels today. 

H and I are watching crappy movies tonight. Has anyone ever seen The Goods? I've been laughing really hard already, even though I hate Jeremy Piven.
  • I did not like the ending to The Giver, which is why I'm not sure I want to read the other two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_look-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9d3c35f-5df1-48f0-95ac-fea6fe342f68Post:55824d5f-6b56-4804-ba31-15bed4d26987">Re: Look here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random question for you guys, what do you think about memorial stickers and things for people?  Like when people have "In memory of..." stickers on their car and stuff?
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    Not my style. But I don't really see anything wrong with other people having them.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_look-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9d3c35f-5df1-48f0-95ac-fea6fe342f68Post:55824d5f-6b56-4804-ba31-15bed4d26987">Re: Look here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random question for you guys, what do you think about memorial stickers and things for people?  Like when people have "In memory of..." stickers on their car and stuff?

<div>I do not like them. ETA again:  for myself.</div><div>
    </div><div>Sequels to The Giver?  ETA:  Just Googled and I have those, but haven't read them.</div>
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • I have issues with all car stickers/decals like that for safety purposes, but yeah. So, I think they're all stupid.

I think they make people who lost someone feel better, and I'm kind of ok with people in that position doing whatever they have to do to go through the greiving process, but I think it's just that. A process. Most people I know who have had memorial car decals end up removing it when the period of grief is over, and they're moving on in the grief process. But I get it from that perspective, I suppose.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Not really my style either, but I guess some people need to have physical remidners (other than a picture) of their loss.  JMO.
  • Not my style to put stickers on my car either, but what other people want to do is up to them.
  • I'm always curious about what happened. Especially if the dates tell me they died young.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_look-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9d3c35f-5df1-48f0-95ac-fea6fe342f68Post:55824d5f-6b56-4804-ba31-15bed4d26987">Re: Look here...</a>:

It's not my thing and I don't see myself ever doing it. It doesn't bother me though to see it though. I think if it helps them deal with their grief and process everything then go ahead.

I don't really understand when it seems like they put everyone in their family who has passed away on their truck. Like if I read the ages and it was someone who lived to 80+ I don't really get those.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • According to GoodReads there are 2 other books in that series, but they're not sequels in the sense of you find out what happens next in the main character's life.  It's more like they have the same basic theme.

• I have been thinking about this all day, and I didn't know if I'm a horrible person for thinking how I do.  The memorial stickers aren't my style, but I can understand I guess why people would have them, especially when it's a family member who was KIA or something.  One of H's friends from HS committed suicide very recently, and now I saw on Facebook today that someone is making car stickers and bracelets in memory of him for whoever wants to order them.  I don't know, it just strikes me as really weird, especially in this situation.  But maybe I'm an asshole.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't get the stickers/decals, but I don't get any of them. NMS.

I also don't get the memorial tattoos. My former roommate went out and started a giant tattoo the day after her friend died. I think grief tends to make people do things they wouldn't normally do. I get that it helps them grieve, but I don't think I could do that.
  • A coworker of mine has one for her son. He died at 25 or 26 after several heart surgeries and a heart transplant. I think he died in 2006 or 2007.
  • Well if you're an asshole then so am I because I find it strange as well.
  • It's a little weird that they're doing it en masse, but...I guess whatever they want to do.
    ttc chart
  • I'll join the asshole club.
  • I have some firefighting decals on the back window of my truck. One is W6, which I guess is a memorial sticker. A friend had extras a few years ago so he put one on for me. 
  • DNB is it strange to you that the friend is offering to make them for others or just making them in general?
  • I'm an asshole too.
  • Most tattoo places won't tattoo in times of grief. Well, good ones, anyway.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Did I tell y'all that Crazy P's soon to be ex wife who ran home back to TX is pregnant?  With his baby?
    ttc chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_look-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9d3c35f-5df1-48f0-95ac-fea6fe342f68Post:e0e7b8a9-af8c-4f51-be4b-45cdb21943b9">Re: Look here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most tattoo places won't tattoo in times of grief. Well, good ones, anyway.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>How long after a death would be an appropriate time for a tattoo? Day? Week? Month? Year? Grief is subjective.</div>
  • MK I think it's more that they are making them in general, especially with the cause of death.  But as others have said if it helps them grieve so be it I guess.  It definitely just threw me off when I saw it today.  I guess the whole FB memorial page did too though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_look-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9d3c35f-5df1-48f0-95ac-fea6fe342f68Post:e0e7b8a9-af8c-4f51-be4b-45cdb21943b9">Re: Look here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most tattoo places won't tattoo in times of grief. Well, good ones, anyway.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>I did not know this, that is awesome.</div>
    ttc chart
  • I have a couple stickers on my rear window but they are small and don't hinder my driving. The are partially gone too because of scraping ice off. I don't think I will replace them.
  • I find the idea of mass sticker production odd.

I have a college alumni cling at the bottom of my rear window.  And sometimes I think the little stick figure family ones look cute :).
  • If you did, I missed that announcement, TR, but can I say that I'm not surprised?  That whole situation has been nothing but a trainwreck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards