Christian Weddings
Options

Is anyone NOT having alcohol at their wedding?

2»

Re: Is anyone NOT having alcohol at their wedding?

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_anyone-not-having-alcohol-their-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2396c74d-d5bf-4ed9-af08-31f02b62422cPost:ed6beef6-e8a2-4a8f-9bd3-ae10c705c983">Re: Is anyone NOT having alcohol at their wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]\Not to be argumentative, but that's not entirely true....I think it really depends on the atmosphere you set up, not so much on the alcohol.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
  • Options
    HKateDHKateD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really think that the day is about THE BRIDE AND GROOM, not the guests or even the parents.  They are not there to make decisions but to enjoy a moment of joy and the beginning of a new marriage.  As for your mother paying for it, this is supposed to be a gift to you and your fiance, unfortunately that doesn't mean that Mom will not have some ideas of her own.   I am sorry that your mother is giving you such grief about it, I don't understand why people automatically think that you must have alcohol to have a good time.  

Personally, our venue won't allow alcohol and I was a bit disappointed to not have a traditional toast with champagne but I thought it would be a lot of fun to make a mocktail that everybody could enjoy and that wouldn't go against our church's no alcohol policy.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards