December 2013 Weddings

What colors are you using?

I am getting married on 12/20/13 and I have talked about using gold, silver, red and green. But now I am finding that I like all of the purples and stuff. What colors are you using in December?

Re: What colors are you using?

• We will be incorporating blue, silver, and white in our winter theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_what-colors-are-you-using?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:a2390377-f9a8-4077-bd0b-477a9b60433bPost:55598b9a-2f4d-40e3-b296-cfce964cc967">Re: What colors are you using?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We will be incorporating blue, silver, and white in our winter theme.
    Posted by kitkatchica86[/QUOTE]

We talked about using those colors but my mom said that since I am getting married in a church and the church will already be decorated and that the blue will clash. I bet it looks really pretty.
  • We are using navy, dark red, and dark purple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blush pink, ivory and accents of silver. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ShelbyGT21 i love the sound of those colors!!

I am using gold and ivory with a deep red accent. Prob a little silver too
  • ShelbyGT21ShelbyGT21 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Thanks! The red sounds gorgeous! I was debating on gold, but love silver.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am thinking ivory, gold, and silver, but I'm apt to change my mind several times. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Red, Gold, and Black! Our venue is red and has gold accents throughout it. It's going to be gorgeous! :D 
    She says, "This man's gonna be my death 'Cause he's all I ever wanted in my life." -Emilie Autumn 'Shalott'
  • We are using teal and brown. I considered going with a color scheme that would fit better into the holiday feel but that just really isn't us. Our venue won't have any holiday decorations in place to clash with the colors and the ceremony will be outside. (No, I'm not crazy, I live in Texas. 12/01 will not be THAT cold. And besides, if it is we have to option available to move inside.) There will also be silver accents here and there because I'm like a big kid and love shiny things. Oh yeah, and small batman accents here and there. Laughing
  • I think you will be good for an outdoor ceremony in Texas.  I think on my date (12.14) the average high temp here in Dallas is 57, and isn't Houston warmer than Dallas?  One of the reasons I chose December was in hopes of getting cool, crisp weather!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married in Seattle at q 1920's hotel that is all done up in rich wood, mahognay.  It will be decoratied for the holidays, but not over the top.  I think they just do everygreens and white lights.  My colors are ivory/champange and dk navy blue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_what-colors-are-you-using?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:a2390377-f9a8-4077-bd0b-477a9b60433bPost:657ecc5d-5f2c-40e1-a550-484eaa6a5897">Re: What colors are you using?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Oh yeah, and small batman accents here and there.
    Posted by dysfunctional7[/QUOTE]

LOL that's awesome!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_what-colors-are-you-using?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:a2390377-f9a8-4077-bd0b-477a9b60433bPost:c407bb31-9196-4a74-bd5f-42256fdaba92">Re: What colors are you using?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What colors are you using? : We talked about using those colors but my mom said that since I am getting married in a church and the church will already be decorated and that the blue will clash. I bet it looks really pretty.
    Posted by Sugarplum97[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
    I like your color choice, the purple in that time of year, will really pop. My first thought was"sugarplum fairy" for a flower girl. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_what-colors-are-you-using?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:a2390377-f9a8-4077-bd0b-477a9b60433bPost:a441889a-a1ca-42ed-a02c-64a022b331e1">Re: What colors are you using?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you will be good for an outdoor ceremony in Texas.  I think on my date (12.14) the average high temp here in Dallas is 57, and isn't Houston warmer than Dallas?  One of the reasons I chose December was in hopes of getting cool, crisp weather!  :)
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]
     Yeah Houston is usually a bit warmer than Dallas since we are closer to the coast. It really doesn't get cold here until Jan. or Feb. I am hoping, like you that I will get a nice cool, crisp day. Those are my favorites!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_what-colors-are-you-using?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:a2390377-f9a8-4077-bd0b-477a9b60433bPost:8df2ba09-4294-41b6-b7d6-64e69ad0a586">Re: What colors are you using?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What colors are you using? : LOL that's awesome!!!!
    Posted by kitkatchica86[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!!! I am a HUGE batman fan and have been since I was a little kid. I think the batman and other superhero things that we are incorporating in are one of my favorite things about the wedding. Well, aside from marrying my amazing fiancee that is.
  • i  think  burgundy ,silver ,and white is best ,and my wedding them is ice and fire ,i am so  exited.
  • Lots of  true RED! and black and silver.
  • My colors are going to be white, light blue and silver.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married 12/6, and we're using darkish blue(think TARDIS for you nerd brides like me :p) and white, with accents of crystal and silver. I love winter, but I can't stand Christmas colors, so we're doing an ice/snow/winter wonderland feel.
    I agree though, purple will be BEAUTIFUL. Especially if you accent with a blue or silver. Great choice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker I work, I play with my daughter, I clean my house. I watch Doctor Who, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, and Phineas and Ferb. I read Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the Inheritance trilogy. I keep up with the news about Pixar, Disney, and anything new on my favorite shows. On July 24th, 2012, the love of my life asked me to be his wife. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. :)
  • my FI is a HUGE Steelers fan which is a little weird because we live here in Houston, TX lol so he has convinced me to have wedding colors of black and yellow. I didnt really like it at first but after looking up black and yellow weddings i absolutely fell IN LOVE!!
  • We're going with ivory, chocolate, and hints of gold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blue. silver and white
    Can't wait for my Christmas Wedding!!!
  • We will be doing a plum colour with silver.
  • We are doing purple,sliver and accented with lime green.  If you look the colors up you'll me very surprised.
  • I'm using royal blue, silver, and white
  • I am going with red, silver and sparkling white!
    "Holiday Elegance" is my attempt at a theme haha.
  • @Breanne me too! Mine is mostly silver and white with pops of red (bouquets and cake/dessert table and a few other things will be red). My dress is ivory - pretend it's white - with silver beading. So excited! 199 days for me!

December 6 bride :)

• I'm also getting married 12/20 and we're using the purple colors too, good choice!
  • Red and Gold.  We wanted to be Christmas themed without being too cliché!
  • We are getting married Dec 7, and our colors will be purple and orange.  Yes, very out of character for the time, but very fitting for my honey and me :)
  • HMWKHMWK member
    First Comment First Anniversary

We are getting married 12/7 in OBX, NC I choice Purple and silver as our colors!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards