Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Dueling Pianos

I saw a blog post about a couple hiring a dueling pianos act instead of a dj or band for their wedding reception. It sounds cool... thoughts? Pros and cons?

Thanks all! 

Re: Dueling Pianos

• Options
    We love dueling piano bars, but I would not do that for a wedding. As PP said, they thrive on audience participation and song suggestions. If you wanted your reception to be more like a concert, then I suppose dueling pianos would work. But if you want your guests out on the floor dancing, then I would hire a band or DJ.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    A friend of mine had dueling pianos at her reception. It does require crowd participation but it was a lot of fun! People got up there and got dressed in props, like the Village People. I think it just all depends on the crowd of people you will have at your wedding and if you think they will enjoy that type of thing.
  • Options
    i say go to piano bar or for RD. im not a fan of them but i dont think would work for reception. 
  • Options
    When I go to a wedding I want to dance. You can't really do that with dueling pianos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it's in the budget, have you considered doing the dueling pianos for the cocktail hour and then a regular dj or band for the reception?

That would be all sorts of awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards