Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone around for an Evening Thread?

Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?

• Options
    Ugh, Muni, that does sound miserable. 
  • Options
    Eagles - I'm jealous of your dresses. I really want to go out and get a cute dress for my shower next weekend but I can't justify to myself spending the moneywhen I have plenty of dresses in my closet that I never wear.

Lynda - Drink a glass for me - that should make you feel better about it right?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:22573a54-a1bb-4549-9b03-0bf68a7f88f1">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]He comes back very late on Monday.  I think.. I'm actually okay with him being gone.  I just like to touch base with him a little more often than every 24 hours. I'm still watching TBBT.  Contemplating another glass of wine.  <strong>I mean, the bottles already open right?</strong>
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, wouldn't want it to go to waste.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My parents gave up disciplining the third child very early on, like at the age of 5, but of course they would never actually admit that and just tell anyone who will listen that I'm just the bitter middle child.
  • Options
    I forgot to get wine earlier, but we have Woodchuck in the fridge. SCORE. I really didn't feel like going to the wine shoppe (yes, shoppe) in my cupcake pajamas.
  • Options
    Angel - we have so much in common haha. You're officially my new girl-crush.

And I love Muni's logic. My favorite wine is bubbly - and I never can make a bottle last too long ha. 
  • Options
    It's not JUST the money though Eagles. I'm supposed to be getting rid of clothes and stuff for my move, and I really have to try hard to keep from just adding to it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:99a3fb81-7e0f-4523-ba35-e0ce9b5f8b41">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents gave up disciplining the third child very early on, like at the age of 5, but of course they would never actually admit that and just tell anyone who will listen that I'm just the bitter middle child.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

<div>Ugh, my little sister was rarely disciplined either. It irks me how demanding she is to my mom, never ever says please. My brother has said it many times that she listens to me more than she does my parents. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:d792bd16-66bf-4554-a3ac-fe94dbc858c5">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, you guys are making me really glad that my mom only had two kids. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>My mom also only had two kids. And the second one is spoiled effing rotten. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:99a3fb81-7e0f-4523-ba35-e0ce9b5f8b41">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents gave up disciplining the third child very early on, like at the age of 5, but of course they would never actually admit that and just tell anyone who will listen that I'm just the bitter middle child.

Haha you sound exactly like my other sister here, who is also the "bitter" middle child. Apparently 3 kids is just too many for parents to actually raise?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:9f8c1c4f-b503-40e1-9af9-f89f77ed64d3">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke, I love Marshalls.  I was only able to justify it because they were $25 each and I'll return the one I don't wear.  Never pay retail.  That's my motto. Angel, I saw your post in the bridezilla thread on SB.  I will definitely share the blog with you when the wedding rolls around.  :)  Dude, I will probably be begging you to take my lanterns off my hands and stuff.  I guess the time difference doesn't help, huh Lynda?
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Unfortunately, I probably won't have any use for lanterns though, haha. I don't think they would fit with my venue, which is pretty modern and trendy.
  • Options
    LaBellaVita23LaBellaVita23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Angel - I'm sorry if this is weird, or you get it alot, but your sig pic makes you look exactly like Kristin Cavallari.  But that's a compliment because I think she's really pretty.  Everytime I scroll past I do a double take.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    It's the main reason why I refuse to have an odd number of children.

ETA: Unless that odd number happens to be 1.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:366fb920-a856-4388-9eae-41c4e0995f1d">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread? : Haha you sound exactly like my other sister here, who is also the "bitter" middle child. Apparently 3 kids is just too many for parents to actually raise?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    Possibly.  DH and I are in agreement that we want no more than two.  I never want to be outnumbered my my kids...
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Options
    Hi!

My arms hurt.  I de-weeded and dug up half of my front yard and planted a gardenia plant.  If I don't hurt too much, tomorrow, I will finish the front yard and plant some sort of ground cover.  Woot!
  • Options
    If we take in kids anything like we do dogs we'll end up with 10. But seriously, I think we want four. No one middle child. Although the baby will probably still be spoiled/less disciplined. 
  • Options
    Eagles, YGPM in about a minute.
  • Options
    That sounds like fun, Mica. I can't wait until I have a yard to play with. 
  • Options
    I have always wanted 3 kids, but I'm seriously rethinking that now. Maybe 2 is plenty.
  • Options
    Yeah, the time difference is annoying.  I'm not sure when he was leaving for the DMZ.  So maybe he is going there now.

I'm one of 4.  But the 3rd pregnancy produced a surprise set of twins (like didn't find out until the delivery room).  My parents didn't seem to have a problem with discipline.  Although when I went off to school the family moved to Japan.  They got a live in maid and got to live in downtown Tokyo.  They were spoiled because of circumstances.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Mica, that sounds similar to my plans for tomorrow. I'm doing some planting and trying again to grow grass in our backyard. Is your H not around tomorrow or does he not like yard work? I'm a weirdo and love it but FI hates it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:85b92bf4-d3d6-451e-ba84-648760d3e33e">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's why I like drinking sparkling wines, Lynda.  That way I feel bad if I DON'T finish the bottle rather than bad if I do.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Good call.  I have a champange saver that works well though.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:da9ea92e-a38e-4742-a2da-f96fb274f29d">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel - we have so much in common haha. <strong>You're officially my new girl-crush.</strong> And I love Muni's logic. My favorite wine is bubbly - and I never can make a bottle last too long ha. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks. I really like you as well, especially since it seems like we came around at the same time so we're "newbs trying to break into the reg circle" together ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:1923a5b1-ae55-457b-807f-5f8ffd7a5917">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel - I'm sorry if this is weird, or you get it alot, but your sig pic makes you look exactly like Kristin Cavallari.  But that's a compliment because I think she's really pretty.  Everytime I scroll past I do a double take.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I definitely take that as a compliment, she's pretty! Also, funnily enough, my name IS Kristin so when Hollister had those Team Kristin and Team LC shirts, I went out and bought one. People thought I had it made specially, haha.
  • Options
    My parents were also dirt poor when we were kids so I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that dad was always working and mom resented that she had to do 98% of the parenting.  She has issues with her own parents that manifested themselves onto the way she decided to raise us instead of actually addressing them either by actually talking to them about or a professional.
  • Options
    How is Jessica Simpson STILL pregnant?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:bcb2c519-76ca-4050-818c-b3d28e03e75b">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How is Jessica Simpson STILL pregnant?
    This!  I feel like she's been pregnant for 16 months.  Holy moly.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Options
    Yeah - all this talk of wine made me decide to dip into the Bourbon Crush Punch my mother made. I don't know why it's called Bourbon Crush Punch - it's made with Jack Daniels which is Whisky. Odd. 

Angel - Go us newbs : p
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:719b59ba-a62c-4850-a554-f18d203596e3Post:103087e5-4617-4d3c-819a-bdf930990436">Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around for an Evening Thread? : This!  I feel like she's been pregnant for 16 months.  Holy moly.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

I feel like we've known she was pregnant since she POAS if not longer.
  • Options
    You know what's weird? Angel looks a lot like my mental picture of Eagles. It kind of threw me for a loop at first. The fact you're from the same town makes it extra-weird to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards