Oregon
Options

Wine tasting in Portland?

Every year for our anniversary we go wine tasting someplace new and buy a bottle of wine to be drunk on the next anniversary.  Somehow this year has flown by and #7 is one week away!  We've got the bottle from last year ready to go but we need a new place to go this year.

In the past we've done the Dundee Pinot Station, Urban Wineworks (although they aren't around anymore), Oswego, Maragas (in Bend), a place in Lincoln City, and obviously a couple other places I'm not thinking of right now!

Any recs for this year?  We're staying local, going to a show at Portland Center Stage and then dinner at The Melting Pot, so someplace downtown would be perfect.  I am out of ideas and H leaves this part up to me since he handles the cheese and crackers to go with the wine while we watch the wedding video.  We're such saps!

Re: Wine tasting in Portland?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you bring the bottle from last year to the place (and pay corkage) or just looking for a new place to taste wine? Urban wineworks closed :(, so there aren't many options.

How about Thirst in Mulhnomah (they have poor service and charge too much), but it is in SW.

Vino: NW (good!)

Hip Chicks Do Wine: SE

Happy Anniversary!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ducks, you are making me air my schmaltz in public.  We actually drink last year's bottle at home while gorging on cheese and crackers and watching our wedding video.  Man we're sappy!

Thanks for the ideas :-)
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quick update - we went to Hip Chicks and it was great!  Really loved their wine, their prices on tasting and bottled are awesome, and they were super nice.  It's kind of hard to find, but well worth it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to hear! Congrats again!
  • Options
    JenAJenA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bordigola on SE 13th. Amazing place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards