Texas-Austin

Star Hill Ranch

I am getting married at Star Hill Ranch in September and I was wondering if anyone else on the board is getting married there? We are doing a some-what casual event...ceremony in the gazebo, reception in the reception hall and photobooth in the "man cave" (that old saloon). I was wondering what ideas you have as far as decorating go. Just thought it would be fun to share ideas :)
My Bio - From beginning to end, see how I planned my wedding on my Bio Website! "There will be a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour

Re: Star Hill Ranch

• edited December 2011

I am getting married there on May 29! I have a lot of planning info in
    the link in my sig. Also in my blog I do weekly "Wedding Wednesday"
    posts so there is lots of info there too. I'd love to see what you are
    doing as well!

Here are some links for a few other knotties that got married there
    (that I know of):
    http://somethingsweeting09.weebly.com/
    http://jonesingforthejones.blogspot.com/ (there is a post with a few
    wedding photos a bit down the page)

There is another knottie (atlantic, I think?) who also had a beautiful
    wedding there but I can't remember her site address!

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I don't know why that formatted so weird. I tried to fix it and it won't let me!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! I cant wait to see your blog! I will check out the others as well! Have you already picked a caterer?
    My Bio - From beginning to end, see how I planned my wedding on my Bio Website! "There will be a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the same caterer that Jennifer used (the Jonesin' for the Jones' blog I linked). We are doing BBQ. 
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! You'll love star hill. It was perfect for us - it required very little decoration! We also had a casual wedding so we went with pretty rustic decorations - candles in mason jars, metal lanterns, burlap table runners. I think you could do a lot of cool DIY stuff with chalkboards (might be a fun prop for the photobooth!) and wildflowers and maybe some paper lanterns. Good luck, and have FUN!
  • foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Star Hill bride as well. We're getting married there on May 15. We're doing very casual decorations with mason jars filled with either sunflowers or white hydrengeas w/ blue votives and burlap table squares on white table cloths. We're also adding chalk boards around to direct people and white luminarios around the side walks.
  • edited December 2011
    All of your wedding ideas sound beautiful!  Kelseymw I reallllly enjoyed the links that you posted! I got a few good ideas off of them! I appreciate you sharing!
    After you girls get married dont forget to post pics! I cant wait to see them!! It's fun to have a venue in common! :)

Are either of you getting married in the arbor? We talked about decorating it with a few flower balls hanging from the ceiling of the gazebo with ribbon (dont know what they are really called lol) and some cute little paper lanterns also hanging from the top with a ribbon. I dont want it to be plain...I wanted some color. Just wondering what you guys have planned.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the arbor. The only decor we are doing is white and yellow rose petals lining the aisle and two arrangements hanging from two of the poles, to give some focal point and visual up there.  They will be in silver galvanized metal “pockets” / floral holders attached to the poles- filled with white hydrangeas, white delphinium and white gladiolas, white daisies, green button poms as accent, slight accent of greenery as filler behind flowers. (Exact description from florist, I don't know what it all means but it looks pretty!)

I have more about our decor in:

And all my Wedding Wednesday posts:
    I have pictures of a lot of the stuff I got from Etsy, our lemonade stand, invites, my look, etc

Oh and I found that other bride's site:
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_star-hill-ranch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:dd3907cb-a900-46b5-8786-bb14459d24bePost:a5e46533-72d7-4e5b-9d70-ac9cd24fc35c">Re: Star Hill Ranch</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Star Hill bride as well. We're getting married there on May 15. We're doing very casual decorations with mason jars filled with either sunflowers or white hydrengeas w/ blue votives and burlap table squares on white table cloths. We're also adding chalk boards around to direct people and white luminarios around the side walks.
    Posted by foxandsocks[/QUOTE]

<div>I knew I was forgetting someone! I love your decor ideas, too!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    YAY for Starhill Ranch!!!

FYI - Matt and I donated the signs we used for our wedding. There are 4 total.. they read "Wedding" "Reception" 'Cocktails" and another that says "Happily Ever After Starts Here". Make sure to ask Adam about them :)

Here are a few pictures from our wedding:
    Click Here

Also, I am in the process of selling a ton of stuff from our wedding so if you see anything you like or think of anything you need... dont be shy to contact me!
  • edited December 2011
    Your pictures were sooooo stinkin cute! I LOVED THEM! You had a very beautiful wedding! It looked like everyone had a great time! I will ask Adam about the signs! It would be neat to use them, they are so cute!

Thanks for posting! I appreciate the ideas! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh thank you! Our wedding was literally perfect!

I wish you the best of luck and if I can offer any advice at all.. it would be to hire a dar of coordinator (or find a friend who has already been married that knows what needs to get done and can handle it for you!)

I was completely convinced that I didn't need one. I would be able to handle everything myself. That day of I had a friend show up early and basically said "I'm in charge. I'll take care of it" and acted as my coordinator. She was an absolute lifesaver and made my day so much easier and so much more enjoyable..

Anyway.. Good luck! :)
  • edited December 2011
    How did yalls weddings come out? I am getting married there May 14, 2011. Im so excited! We are getting married in the small church and using the reception hall. The saloon will house our alcohol. Any ideas. Colors are blue and brown. We are using blueish mason jars that will hold little candles in them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards