Favors

DIY wine charm how-to?

I am considering making beaded wine glass charms as favors for my guests, but don't know how.  I'm "sorta" crafty so I'm wondering if anyone has done this before?  Is it fairly simple?  How time-consuming is it?  I don't want to spend a lot of money on favors either (maybe $1/favor), so do you think this would be affordable?

Re: DIY wine charm how-to?

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YOu can get small beads at any craft store. Also, get some wire, curl it around in a circle, and then use some pliers to curl the end up so they will clasp. Bead it and then you are done!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I might pick up some supplies and try it out with a few before I commit.  I appreciate the help!
  • AngelaOct11AngelaOct11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sisters threw me a wine tasting bachelorette party.  My sister made wine charms for each of us for our glasses that day and also for us to take home.  They did take a little bit of time but they looked great.  She said they were pretty easy to do. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have never made them but I have always wanted to try. A friend told me to buy some bulk cheap hoop earrings and beads.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone have a picture of some they made?  I love this idea!!!  I was even thinking of putting them in my OOT bags.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing this as well to help the servers know who would like non-alcoholic vs. acoholic champagne for the toast. We just bought all our beads at Michael's yesterday. They were having a 50% off sale on beads. I purchased three different sizes with two colors for the center beads. We were able to get enough beads for my 250 guests for about $40.00. My mother had already bought silver wire online. We will just make circles out of it and curl the ends so they can hook together around the stems of the glasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards