Canada

Destination wedding 2012

Hi guys, im planning a destination wedding for 2012, it will be in the Mayan Riveria.  Does anyone have advice on when the best time to look and book travel packages.  I am from Saskatchewan and the wedding Dec 1, do you think its better to book on line or go through a travel agent  to book group travel?

Congrats to all you guys and happy planningLaughing

Re: Destination wedding 2012

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother is getting married in July in the Dominican Republic.  Usually resorts only book a year in advance for weddings, and even then not all flights are set in stone.  They have their date and resort block of rooms reserved at this point.  

I would say look into it to get estimated costs, but I wouldn't stress too much about it until the new year.  I would go through an agent - it's easier for your guests - there is not cost to you to use an agent, and they can coordinate with the resort to help you out.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for advice.  I actually just emailed a couple of travel agents.  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, i would totally be going through a travel agent, a reputable one, because if anything goes wrong while you are at the resort you can just phone them & they will fix/take care of the problem. If you book it yourself then you can be stuck. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a Destination Wedding board under Wedding Theme Boards on the left, a lot of the ladies there will have great advice :)
    I know that a lot of them used Beach Bum Vacations.
  • Well one of my friend has use Beach Bum Vacations and believe me this is the best idea.. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards