Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

no ummm "relations" until wedding...

2»

Re: no ummm "relations" until wedding...

• Our wedding is right after Easter next year, so we decided to give up kissing for Lent. We want to save all those built up feelings for the wedding. I'm not saying it's going to happen and that we're not going to cheat a little but yeah.

And yeah lol I wouldn't want to be a pregnant bride either. It kinda runs in my family and it's not pretty.
  • cpfwvucpfwvu member
    First Comment

I've known two couples who cut off sex 4-5 months before their wedding, I think to build up some passion, or kinda reclaim some innocence in a way. And I'm just saying, according to them, it backfired and was never quite the same after the wedding. It's a different situation than choosing to remain abstinent for religious reasons. If sex has already been established as a part of your relationship, then cutting it off is neglecting something very important. Not saying it's like this for everyone... but it's 0 for 2 with the people I know for being a good idea.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_ummm-relations-until-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:06177be4-eda7-44dd-a859-74a2357b2d29Post:f21bba26-e893-4eb1-abed-804c213147e1">Re: no ummm "relations" until wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So what is the plan for after the wedding?  Becoming the Duggars? If you are getting married, you need to decide on some form of sustainable method of birth control.  Abstinence probably isn't going to work out for you after you get married.  
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE

Hahahaha! Duggars. Ridiculous.

I, too, am wondering...if you "can't have BC" then why aren't you pregnant already? Rhythm method? Condoms? Why not just continue whatever you're doing? And what's wrong with being a pregnant bride, anyhow?
  • itybity, i actually know a girl who said that if she got pregnant in the months leading up to the wedding, she'd actually have an abortion because she wanted to "look good" for the wedding.  kinda made me a little sick.  granted, im prolife, but i would hope that even if you were prochoice, you wouldnt support abortion for purposes of vanity. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_ummm-relations-until-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:06177be4-eda7-44dd-a859-74a2357b2d29Post:2cf7b530-df62-4144-81d6-ccd5b32ce301">Re: no ummm "relations" until wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: no ummm "relations" until wedding... : [QUOTE]So what is the plan for after the wedding?  Becoming the Duggars? If you are getting married, you need to decide on some form of sustainable method of birth control.  Abstinence probably isn't going to work out for you after you get married.   Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE Hahahaha! Duggars. Ridiculous. I, too, am wondering...if you "can't have BC" then why aren't you pregnant already? <strong>Rhythm method?</strong> Condoms? Why not just continue whatever you're doing? And what's wrong with being a pregnant bride, anyhow?
    Posted by itybitymommy[/QUOTE]

Does ANYONE do the rhythm method anymore?  It's so unreliable that most people consider it a joke.  Now if you're taking about Natural Family Planning, like the Creighton Model, then that makes sense.

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards