Snarky Brides

Good Friday Morning Ladies!

I can't wait for the weekend. I have so many things I want to get done.

Atticus- is still not doing well, H is taking him back to the vet this morning, he had a little blood coming from his incision. I'm hoping they can give us a mild sedative to calm him down, trying to get him to calm down is NOT working.

Any weekend plans?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!

• edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:f80264f6-3f39-4490-8aec-b0a78d4bf27d">Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't wait for the weekend. I have so many things I want to get done. Atticus- is still not doing well, H is taking him back to the vet this morning, he had a little blood coming from his incision. I'm hoping they can give us a mild sedative to calm him down, trying to get him to calm down is NOT working. Any weekend plans?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Good Morning and me neither. This has been a short week due to the holdiday but it seems like it's been just dragging on.

No major plans for the weekend. I'll get some of my wedding issues settled and then get some r&r.

Geez...hope he's feeling better soon. What's going on with him?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • KD, Im so sorry Atticus still isnt well.  I really hope they can find something to help him heal.

I posted about this in the E morning thread, but my best friend's mom is in the ICU and it doesnt look good.  I'm really eaten up about it, because my best friend's family is like family to me, and I feel so horrible.  Every time my phone vibrates I'm worried its an email letting me know she passed.  This is going to be a long day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:3bd64f9a-b1eb-4252-bc72-86d7133b5332">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD, Im so sorry Atticus still isnt well.  I really hope they can find something to help him heal. I posted about this in the E morning thread, but my best friend's mom is in the ICU and it doesnt look good.  I'm really eaten up about it, because my best friend's family is like family to me, and I feel so horrible.  Every time my phone vibrates I'm worried its an email letting me know she passed.  This is going to be a long day.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

AW, sorry about your friends mom Button.

Atticus was fine when he got fixed almost 2 weeks ago, but they told us to keep him calm for about 5 days, we left him at Camp Bow Wow on day 6 and when we picked him up he was fine, but by Tuesday we noticed visible swelling in the "area", it actually looks like he wasnt neutered. His incision looked fine, but doc put him on meds and told us to keep him calm again. She thinks its just fluids, but this morning H noticed he was bleeding from his incision, so he's calling today to get him back to the vet.

I'm an anxious momma!
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Morning!

Poor puppy.  i think he needs a special treat for dealing with all of this.  You probably deserve one too!

I started a new med last night that apparently my dreaming self thinks is crack because I had the most messed up, Dali-esque, long, LSD trip dream of my life last night.  It made no sense, and the colors were so vivid that even Willy Wonka would need sunglasses to cut the glare. 

Tomorrow's plans are to hit up 9 holes.  Sunday we're heading into MN for some hiking around a buffalo range. I'm trying to squeeze as much outdoor activity in as I can before the weather goes south. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:1e1d2f7a-7a7a-4874-ad9f-244fcdfef1b3">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! Poor puppy.  i think he needs a special treat for dealing with all of this.  <strong>You probably deserve one too!</strong> I started a new med last night that apparently my dreaming self thinks is crack because I had the most messed up, Dali-esque, long, LSD trip dream of my life last night.  It made no sense, and the colors were so vivid that even Willy Wonka would need sunglasses to cut the glare.  Tomorrow's plans are to hit up 9 holes.  Sunday we're heading into MN for some hiking around a buffalo range. I'm trying to squeeze as much outdoor activity in as I can before the weather goes south. 
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Well duh, I think I need Jeni's ice cream! He doesnt act like anything is wrong, he's just bored.

I want some of those drugs Anna!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:c7af4f84-fcdd-45d7-b3aa-61f759ced5fb">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies! :   I want some of those drugs Anna!

<div>No you don't silly.  That's one of the few pleasant side effects. </div>
  • Aww, sorry that Atticus is still having issues.

Button, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom. It's never an easy thing to lose a close loved one.

Been a hulluva week, but I've ALMOST got my schedule figured out, but am having a hard time dealing with being messed around over the job. I've since learned that the other person who was supposed to do this job was moved to another department because he was uncomfortable with the curriculum. Makes me feel like a consolation prize, and a tutor, not a teacher.

The paperwork involved in this position is ridiculous!

We're going out to supper tonight (Friday ritual), and likely working on the garage. I'd like to fit in some golf too, if the weather cooperates, but we have to give priority to the garage on nice weather days. It needs to be weather-tight before the snow flies.

I finally finished GoT bk 4, and will do some research this weekend on clean eating and grad school (because the two go so well together). We will also have to start making wedding decisions, and booking things.

Next week will be better. I will take over the world then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:820bc8dc-44ae-490c-b32b-7a9d38d54b15">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies! : No you don't silly.  That's one of the few pleasant side effects. 

I'm sure I dont either.

BTW- I made those porkchops the other night. My husband was NOT overly enthused, he likes his pork chops crispy. I liked it but I really liked the beet salad we made, it was delish and it was 4 servings so we had the rest a couple nights later. I am making the pot roast again this weekend, but I'm adding more veggies and some cabbage.
  • Poor Atticus. I hope everything is ok.
    Button, sorry to hear about your friend's mom.

I'm so over today. I just want to go home and watch TV and work on my books. Although, I am looking forward to lunch since I brought in leftovers from last night.
  • Morning ladies. 

I had my ER yesterday so i feel like crap today.  No big plans for me this weekend except maybe my transfer on Sunday.  It will  be sunday or tuesday and Im hoping it gets to day 5.

Its really nice out.  I  may convince H to bring out the fall decorations.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Morning,

I don't have many plans this weekend other than getting some last minute things together and purchasing anything else we need for our HM.  

Blue, wishing you best of luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:062ea6d5-1653-40a4-b3a8-9a4991558fe8">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies.  I had my ER yesterday so i feel like crap today.  No big plans for me this weekend except maybe my transfer on Sunday.  It will  be sunday or tuesday and Im hoping it gets to day 5. Its really nice out.  I  may convince H to bring out the fall decorations.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Good Luck Blue!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:147d65e6-e826-442d-a05f-20304bd72bd3">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies! : I'm sure I dont either. BTW- I made those porkchops the other night. My husband was NOT overly enthused, he likes his pork chops crispy. I liked it but I really liked the beet salad we made, it was delish and it was 4 servings so we had the rest a couple nights later. I am making the pot roast again this weekend, but I'm adding more veggies and some cabbage.

<div>And my face has broken out.  i look like a greasy teenager who hasn't yet discovered the wonders of Stridex.</div><div>
    </div><div>Bummer of the porkchops.  i'm planning on chops for next week but I think I'll do ones over rice with a cream of mushroom sorta base.  Tonight it's naked burrito night a la Qdoba.  Chicken cubed, rotel tomatoes and chilies, onion, lots of black beans, cumin, all served over cilantro-lime basmati rice.  Should be delish.  But most importantly, all thrown in the crockpot to cook itself. ;)</div>
  • Well I still liked them. I just wont make it again if he's not impressed, no sense in it.

And what is a naked burrito?
  • Anna, can I come to your house for dinner?  Seriously, every single day your meals sound delicious.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:03d489e0-e0af-4a56-96de-1630256fc725">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I still liked them. I just wont make it again if he's not impressed, no sense in it. And what is a naked burrito?

<div>All the fixins of a burrito but served without the tortilla so just in a bowl</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:7e88e87d-0a03-4bde-9597-bac97a0924fa">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies! : All the fixins of a burrito but served without the tortilla so just in a bowl

Get in line Ibar, we all want to live with Anna. I think she should open a B&B.

I can go for a naked burrito, I'm not a tortilla fan.
  • Anna- I like doing that with tacos.  Like make it a salad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck Blue!

I seriously need a crock pot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol KD,  I think we should just have Anna out to various Knottie GTGs with a theme of "Cooking with Anna" so she can teach us all of her yummy recipes/secrets.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:e925e873-d028-4c89-8840-b42b769d0b1b">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna- I like doing that with tacos.  Like make it a salad.

<div>That sounds delicious too.  I like to use the leftovers to make mini pizzas.  Corn tortillas crisped up and topped with a spread of the leftovers and then fresh cheese and sour cream.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:9bd13dad-adbc-436c-b058-f6639b0b7bd1">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol KD,  I think we should just have Anna out to various Knottie GTGs with a theme of "Cooking with Anna" so she can teach us all of her yummy recipes/secrets.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No secrets.  I just love food enough that I've searched everywhere for tasty recipes and then I eat them  ;)</div>
  • Aww kd, poor puppy! I hope he recovers soon!

I'm so sorry, button.  I know that has to be hard.

Good luck, blue!  And I just text H asking him to bring down the fall decorations tonight!  It's still in the 90s but I don't GAF.  It's September and I want my house to at least look like fall.

I'm still theoretically scheduled to have my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow.  I'm just going to get in there, lay out all my concerns, let them know that I will cry so don't make me feel worse, tell them that I'm afraid that I'll get sick, and that I would like H to at least come back somewhere in my eye view. Then just see what they say.  If they are fine with all that, well then I guess they'll be coming out.  God, I sound like such a daaamn baby.  Whatever, I don't even care how  sound anymore lol. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Poor Atticus.  You said he can't reach to lick the incision area right? 

I'm so sorry Button.  I'm the same way with my BF's family so I can totally relate. 

Blue, I'll keep you in my thoughts.  And you have fall decorations?  I'm such a loser decorator.  Of course we don't really have fall in Phoenix so I'll use that as my excuse. 

Jenny, get a crock pot!  I used mine twice last weekend (French dips on Sunday, chalupa on Monday) and will use it again this weekend.  Word to the wise, get one with a removable & dishwasher safe "crock". 

No big plans for me this weekend.  Hoping to spend some long overdue girl time with my BF and continuing to rest my back.  It's getting better every day but I don't want to make is worse by overdoing it. 
  • Aww Shay, I hope everything goes well tomorow!

I was so nervous when I got mine out.  I remember as soon as they stuck me with the needle that pumped me with anesthesia I was like "Is this supposed to be happening this quickly?!?" and minorly freaked out and then passed out.  (Not that you want to hear this).

Anywho, best of luck and I hope the experience surprises you in that it is way better than you are planning on it being :)
  • Thanks, lbarr!  Yeah my concern is they aren't knocking me out.  They want me to be awake during the whole thing.  Clearly they don't know me very well, if they think I can handle that, but we shall see.

I talked to my BF who has had several dental surgeries, all of which she was awake for.  She's made me feel a lot better about it, but I'm still freaked.  She even offered to come with me ha.  She knows me so well ha ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:cc8a9381-74c2-4163-85b1-4c600aaf5002">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE].  Blue, I'll keep you in my thoughts. <strong><u> And you have fall decorations?   
    </u></strong>Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Of course!

I always buy decorations at the end of the season when they are 75% off and put them in bins in my basement for next year.  Its a great way to build up your holiday collections.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OH Shay, I missed that part.  I'd be nervous too.  I'm sure they have heard every question under the sun so don't worry about it.  Fingers crossed that it goes well!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:ae8486df-7d01-4e29-8540-b5730f9652fe">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies! : Of course! I always buy decorations at the end of the season when they are 75% off and put them in bins in my basement for next year.  Its a great way to build up your holiday collections.

<div>I need to do that this year.  I've terribly neglected fall decor and browsing through Hobby Lobby the other day had me craving it.  I want some of that fall leaves garland for my banisters, a wreath for the door, and some knick knacks.  All I really have is corn stalks and pumpkins for the front porch, candle centerpieces for the living room and kitchen, and then some halloween stuff.</div>
  • I'm late to the party, as usual, but Good Morning!

I'm spending today getting ready for a Silent Auction followed by a Dessert Auction tonight, so I'll be baking yummy brownies. And it sounds like FIL is ordering lumber today so we'll have some more work to do on building our house this weekend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards