Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for FFF?

God I hope not. Because I flame aegrish to the moon and back. Every thing she has ever said on here is basically "no, everyone else on E is wrong, you do it your special way." She just said in the "legal marriage then ceremony" thread that no one has to know the ceremony is not the couple's actually wedding if the ceremony is what the couple cares about. I mean seriously, are you TRYING to be obtuse, or have you just not learned anything from the multiple posts about this in the past few days?

Re: Is it too early for FFF?

• It's never to early for FFF!

I flame Tonyscutee or whatever a) for being a flaming dumbass and b) for the ridiculous screenname.

I'm sure I have more. Let me think...
  • Redundant, but I flame the chick who wanted to have a wedding ceremony on the beach in Hawaii and then show a tape of it on April Fools' Day to her wedding guests.  "Hi guys, we had the real thing in paradise without you!  Thanks for buying us presents and coming to our fake wedding!"

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I flame the open bar girl for ignoring the advice in her orignal post, never answering any questions, and then just doing another post with a poll as though that would fix everything. Also, I wish those threads would die.
  • No.  No, it is not too early.   
    I cosign the aegrish flame.  She consistently gives terrible advice, and is far too excited and cheerful when doing it.  "I love this terribly misguided idea!  It's great!  Do your thing, it's your day!!"  Shut.  Up.

I also flame wrdgirl.  For every post she's ever made. 
  • Emily - I'm jumping on your wagon.  SHe just said in the legal marriage thread that as long as a couple sees their ceremony date as they're real date that they weren't obligated to tell their guests they were already married.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I flame the chick on Attire who's getting married on the side of a mountain in February and asked if it would be okay for her bridesmaids to not wear coats during their outdoor ceremony (and, I presume, photos).

EFFING NO.
  • I will second the flame on Tonyscutie (even with her "apology") and the April Fools fake wedding girl.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Isn't aegrish the one with the engagement scrapbook? I also cosign that one.
  • I also flame the lameass quote in Tonysstupidcutie's sig.

AND for starting another stupid post to apologize to Tiki.

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:118896f2-dd9f-41fd-b7ca-0be2128d32cc">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Emily - I'm jumping on your wagon.  SHe just said in the legal marriage thread that as long as a couple sees their ceremony date as they're real date that they weren't obligated to tell their guests they were already married.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

Uuuhhh...?

Can I do a head-desk here? I think so.
  • Anna, yes.

And I have several times said "hey, your advice is kind of bad if you look at it this way," and she just. keeps. going. So I don't feel bad flaming her because seriously, she had her chance to get a clue and chose not to.
  • God forbid people have different points of view on this board! I think that's what keeps in interesting it's too bad some people get all worked up.
  • Jumping on the tonyscutee bandwagon, not just for her initial douchebaggery, but also for then trying to blame it on stress from finals.  Give me a slight effing break. 
  • The april fools wedding girl takes the cake this week, I think. However, Opal, that chick on the A&A board makes me want her to be blue in all of her pictures.

Oh, and I flame Em for posting that she needed us to "like" that picture for us. I mean, GOSH! J/k - I loved that it started Facebookgate 2010. :)
  • I would LOVE to flame someone right now, but I'm so seething mad at this BIL stuff that I can't think straight. 

So please allow me to flame an outside knot person right now.  I flame BIL's (now EX) girlfriend and her dad and brother for running up into Mr Stacks parents house and beating up BIL.  DONT DROP THE SOAP YOU DIRTY PIECES OF TRASH.  How do those handcuffs feel right now? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9822550e-1242-428d-8677-d31e606baef0">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]God forbid people have different points of view on this board! I think that's what keeps in interesting it's too bad some people get all worked up.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

Even if you have a "different view" of etiquette, it doesn't mean it's correct.  Etiquette is either right or wrong.  You can't really say "it's against etiquette, but not very."

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9822550e-1242-428d-8677-d31e606baef0">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]God forbid people have different points of view on this board! I think that's what keeps in interesting it's too bad some people get all worked up.

FFS, it's an etiquette board, and your constant bad advice spits in the face of etiquette and then slaps it around a bit. 
  • I cosign the girl on the Attire board for her February ceremony. I wouldn't be caught dead at a ceremony on the side of a mountain in February. No thanks.
  • I FLAME LDY FOR FLAMING ME.

No I don't. Facebook says we're friends, so it must be so.
  • I flame myself for my improper use of "they're" in my above post.  I really do know the difference between "their" and "they're" (and "there" for that matter) ;-)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9822550e-1242-428d-8677-d31e606baef0">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:

<div>Giving people consistently terrible advice isn't interesting.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:6fe06a5a-c83f-43e7-b0ff-94c76f83bfcf">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]T I loved that it started <strong>Facebookgate 2010. </strong>:)
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Love <3

I'll jump on the Tonyscutie flame bandwagon.  Not only for randomly (and ridiculously) jumping all over Kiki, but for blaming it on finals.  Really? Yeah, finals are stressful, but that's no excuse to be a total bitch on the internet for something you know nothing about. If you're going to be a bitch, just own it. 
  • etiquette =/= POV

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:b231d832-4383-463d-89cb-169d343396c6">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I FLAME LDY FOR FLAMING ME. No I don't. Facebook says we're friends, so it must be so.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Uh. Duh. And the fact that I've got a sticky note on my fridge to record your HHI episode makes us friends too. Facebook and sticky notes don't lie!! BTW: Congrats to your super handball man husband!
  • I flame all the girls on my month board who talked about getting all this monogrammed sh!t and stuff for the BMs to use the day of as their BM gifts.  Think outside the box, people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • aegrish- There's nothing wrong with different points of view. But keep in mind that a lot of us here have been here for a while, and over that time most of these wedding related subjects have already been debated at GREAT LENGTH. 

So, the advice that's given here stands true because it has worked for hundreds - if not thousands - of us in the past.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2010
    not too early for me

let me think

calypso for talking shades of gray on the Customs & Traditions board
  • I often find that I have irrational bouts of anger and within 25 minutes am able to rationally think about my actions and be insightful about the reason behind them.

Or NO.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Um, Stacks? Do you want a bunch of bitchy brides...errr...ex-brides...to ya know. Take care of the problem?

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards