Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for FFF?

Re: Is it too early for FFF?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9b3d13ac-a70d-4f30-99d6-047fdce13fa0">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents want us to have kids when we're financially ready. His parents really don't want us to have kids at all. They want us to be able to be young and carefree forever. It's almost insulting. At least coming from his mom.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

My MIL told us she doesn't care if she ever has grandkids. Which is cool, because I don't particularly want my kids staying at her house. Unfortunately, we're much more likely to live near my in-laws than my parents.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:45c9b072-2931-4a09-ad82-ac97a3cd254b">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How does one throw away a weeks worth of BC?  Did she throw out a pack of pills that you had STARTED?  I would be tres pissed about that because I can't get a new one without paying full price until I am 5 days out from needing the new pack. Who does something like that?
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

She punched out a week of one.  Again this was after I told her that I was stopping taking my pills that month.  And I had another one.  And I can get BC for cheap from my H's hospital.  So yeah otherwise there would have been violence.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cengle - a bit of unsolicited advice - you should have your babies during your third year of law school. 
  • Mery, that is one of the things that scared me away from getting a PhD. The fact that it would probably be another 10 years before I could have kids. Well that and the fact that I just about had a nervous breakdown in the last semester of my master's program.
  • MIL asks me about babies all. the. time.

My mom loses all the color in her face if it gets mentioned in her presence.
  • I don't think his dad ever really wanted him. He never really grew up. Of course he loved him, but he did take a job 2 hours away and was only home on weekends. I think from his mom its more like she doesn't want someone else to 'compete' with for his love.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:71b4f3aa-da76-4cbf-9667-b6bdecab0a00">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : She punched out a week of one.  Again this was after I told her that I was stopping taking my pills that month.  And I had another one.  And I can get BC for cheap from my H's hospital.  So yeah otherwise there would have been violence.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

I cannot imagine going into my SIL or Sister's medicine cabinet, pulling a pack of pills out and PUNCHING out a week's worth of pills and putting it back.  Regardless if you said that after this month you were stopping.  (I assume you would finish off the month).

That is just juvenile and reckless.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:cd011b2e-bb53-4ef7-ae33-76912282695e">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]cengle - a bit of unsolicited advice - you should have your babies during your third year of law school. 
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

I am in my 3rd year!  Although I'm strictly part time, so what takes normal students 3 years is taking me 4.5.  I'm done next December.  (!!!!!)
    I had a law school friend whose wife had a baby in October, and he was a total zombie for about a month. And he didn't have to, you know, carry the kid or give birth to it, and he was simply exhausted all the time.  No thank you.
  • Andy, I would kill my sister if she pulled a stunt like that.  But she's on my bad list presently, so I think I'm just looking for excuses to start something.  :P  But how exciting that you have taken yourself off the Pill!  Baby Chandy.

My ILs are about to get their first grandchild (BIL/SIL expecting soon), so the pressure is off me for a while.  I just went off the ring, but that's just to get the chemicals out of my system, not TTC at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:c6a54603-a092-4d70-b611-b0f702c5d63c">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Is she from MS. too?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Nope, she's from Florida.
  • NO, FISCHY.  THEY WEREN'T LIKE THAT.  NOBODY IS LIKE THAT BUT YOU.  BECAUSE YOU HAVE BIEBER FEVER.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:87f574da-064f-4da6-8e54-a0089c1833f7">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Nope, she's from Florida.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, well sounds like you can defriend w/o too much trouble!
  • she's my baby sister so she gets away with stuff.  if it was my big sister - shiiit would be going down. 

thanks mica!
  • Oh, here's another Calypso gem. "I don't get the "water shortage." It's not a rare resource. The planet is like 80% water, lol."

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_curious-myth-post-awhile-back
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • she's my baby sister so she gets away with stuff.  if it was my big sister - shiiit would be going down. 

thanks mica!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:eca201cf-e7d1-4197-a03b-c99daf283eb6">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Color me confused but I thought Heels was no longer here to flame people or try & hurt people's feelings because she saw the error of her ways after the site we don't speak of?  She was the last person I was expecting to see in Kiki's thread.  Not really a flame, just an observation.
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

You make a lot of assumptions about me, most of which are wrong. And kikis a big girl, she can dish it out so she sureasshit can take it. I fail to see how backing Nebb in pointing out kikis blatant bullshit is equal to me being a big ol meanie.

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:b4b01394-1d01-46cb-a887-197f2ca77f35">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Because she doesn't need your "backing".  Nebb's perfectly capable of taking care of herself without you swooping all the f*ck in with your "Save the Day!" cape on.  Chillax.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Heels is more than welcome to comment on anything she wants, whether I need "backing" or not. She is entitled to her opinions just as much as we all are. She is only being seen as "backing" me because she agreed with me.
  • I don't care who backs whom, but I am confused as to why Pink's reference to Heels' widely publicized stance of "I realized how much the internet can hurt, and I don't want to do that anymore" qualifies as making assumptions.
  • I'm a million years late to this. 

But I flame my cousin, Andy's cousin, and all of the women this week who asked how to do 2 receptions, and who talked about their secret ceremony they hid from their family. 

I also flame myself for thinking it was a good idea to go to law school, and I flame Modern Family and The Office for not making new episodes this week.. WTF is that about?!
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:4a8cdf8c-b795-4e8f-99bd-97bb7102e91d">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Heels is more than welcome to comment on anything she wants, whether I need "backing" or not. She is entitled to her opinions just as much as we all are. She is only being seen as "backing" me because she agreed with me.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I don't recall ever saying that she wasn't entitled to her opinions.  I'm saying, she can hardly be surprised when she comes into a thread, on a board that there's "history" (to put it nicely) with, guns a-blazing, dragging up past posts, and then folks are all "WTF?" about it.  Seriously.  It's not like people were saying stuff about you that (in my mind) warrants backup.  If someone had of insulted your mom or your looks or whathaveyou, I'd have no qualms about all sorts of "backup" showing up because that sh*t is out of line regardless of what you're posting.  But I happen to think that the flames you got didn't fall under that catagory.  At all.  Hence no need for "backup".

ETA - and it honestly has nothing to do with you, because I'd feel the same way about anybody who did that.  Even me. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:0d4b3614-45a0-435e-a1f2-81cb869b3ddb">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Again, Kiki can dish it out, therefore, she can take it. Gosh Emily, nugget doesn't NEED you to back her up.
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

Having a similar opinion to somebody else is not on the same level as dragging past postings and crap into a thread to highlight that the person who is arguing with your friend sucks balls.  If you had of been all "I think Nebb's right because 'insert opinion here'" instead of "Here's all the reasons why Kiki sucks" that is a totally different ballgame.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:0d4b3614-45a0-435e-a1f2-81cb869b3ddb">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : <strong>Again, Kiki can dish it out, therefore, she can take it.</strong> Gosh Emily, nugget doesn't NEED you to back her up.

So the assumption was that the "no potentially hurting feelings" rule was applicable to everyone across the board? I'm not taking issue with anything you said in that thread, I just really didn't see how Pink's comment was making assumptions.

On a totally different topic, I think your hedgehog is very cute.
  • Who said "here's why Kiki sucks"?

• Ugh, I flame the chick who wants to not invite her cousin's SOs to her European wedding. For that and because she implied I was stupid/bitchy for being upset that FI was invited to a wedding without me. And I flame the kelly#s girl who used her first post to tell us how ridiculous we were.
  • That is what I got out of your postings.  If that's not what you meant, fine, but nothing in there struck me as you saying "I think Nebb's right about the 100k buisness because."  You just swung in and started ripping on Kiki.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:3276d54e-6b80-498d-bc28-f49c48c9a926">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who said "here's why Kiki sucks"?

<div>I like Kiki!! She seems very sweet.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:db29bbf3-cb97-40db-ab59-4d3cd648f411">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mery, that is one of the things that scared me away from getting a PhD. The fact that it would probably be another 10 years before I could have kids. Well that and the fact that I just about had a nervous breakdown in the last semester of my master's program.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

We're aiming to do it when I'm ABD, so in about 2.5/3 years. We figure at that point I'll just be doing diss research and writing, so I'll have the most flexible schedule ever. We have some friends who did that and it worked great for them. And if it takes me an extra year to write my diss, oh well. I'm also in the humanities, so it isn't like I need to be at a lab 60 hours a week. It's more like doing archives a lot, which is really just like going to the library.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:a1f2eab0-84e4-4a83-880b-e52a14d7f017">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : So the assumption was that the "no potentially hurting feelings" rule was applicable to everyone across the board? I'm not taking issue with anything you said in that thread, I just really didn't see how Pink's comment was making assumptions. On a totally different topic, I think your hedgehog is very cute.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I wish she'd let me get more pictures of her.

I just get tired of people twisting what I said into whatever they deem convenient for the purpose of the conversation. The question was, does kps change the way you feel/post/something and I responded yes. That doesn't mean I'm going to validate bad ideas, ignore blatant bs, and hand out cotton candy and balloons.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:c9763b93-c692-40a8-b19b-7352d98a2bea">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Thanks! I wish she'd let me get more pictures of her. I just get tired of people twisting what I said into whatever they deem convenient for the purpose of the conversation. The question was, does kps change the way you feel/post/something and I responded yes. That doesn't mean I'm going to validate bad ideas, ignore blatant bs, and <strong>hand out cotton candy and balloons</strong>.

You should.  Because that would be awesome.

• Nugget beat me to it :)

And thanks for explaining - I see what you meant now and genuinely didn't understand before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards