edited July 2012
    Sirry 31  & Kim  32

Getting married in Minneapolis,  MN

Wedding Date: Augus 26, 2012.

Excited!!!Smile
  • Lynn-Marie 38
    Chicago, but we're heading to New York
    7/17/2013
    I'M LIVING MY BEST LIFE EVAH!!!  WOOT WOOT!!

• 1. Your Name age if you feel like it Ashley, 23 2. Location Austin, tx ceremony Boston, ma legally/or NYC 3. Wedding Date January 2014 legally June 14, 2014 ceremony 4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing This may be cheesy but Lindsey and I are having a twilight wedding: I also would like yalls opinions.. NYC OR BOSTON? and where in each? I love ideas and options: also congrats to everyone else:
  • edited September 2012
    Hey brides and grooms! There lots of new people on our board so let's introduce ourselves. Copy and paste the questions below and reply with your answers:

1. Your Name (age if you feel like it)-  Gina, 45

2. Location- Greenville, Michigan

3. Wedding Date- May, 13,2013

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing- We're having a simple, rustic, country, diy, budget styled wedding. Nothing lavish or modern...just plain & simple for us !Cool

GnK
  • HBKW4everHBKW4ever member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Kelly (31) and Heather (38)
    We live in Atlanta but are planning a dw in St. Augustine, FL
    Nov 1, 2014

We met online and just celebrated our first anniversary together, in St. Augustine! We wanted to pick a city that was kind of neutral ground so both of our packs of friends would be able to go.  I'm a rural, rustic, DIY upcycler of Celtic descent, she's a trendy, modern, beach-loving Cuban-American.  Opposites attract.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Your Name (age if you feel like it)
    Manju - 31

2. Location
    California

3. Wedding Date
    8/31/2013... tentatively

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing
    Going to get married even if the state doesn't recognize it. They will catch up eventually!!!
  • edited September 2012
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it)
    Deanna, 45 years old

2. Location
    Currently live in Arkansas but getting married in New Hampshire (near where I grew up and have family)

3. Wedding Date
    June 15, 2013

Cindy and I are getting married for our 20th anniversary Laughing

• 1. Your Name (age if you feel like it):  Sara Dawn, 30

2. Location:  Live in Western MA, and getting married in the same

3. Wedding Date:  September 28, 2013

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing:  I'm the worst wedding planner ever.  I know I want daisies in mason jars, and that's all I know!  Luckily, we found a venue, and we're paying a wedding planner to figure out the rest!
  • 1. Karin,  38
    2. Stockholm, Sweden
    3. 1st Aug 2009
    4. We got married on a boat in the middle of Stockholm, Sweden. I was pregnant, now we have a daughter and a son.Smile

• 1. Tiffany 32 and Endie 35 2. Independence, Mo 3. The big day is April 13, 2013
  • Chrissy 27 & Brittany 24
    Indian Land, SC
    July 19, 2013
    We are commemorating our 5th anniversary with our un-legal wedding!  Maybe by our 10th, SC will let us make it official...
  • 1. Your Name (age if you feel like it):  Crystal 30

2. Location: We live in Calgary Ab Canada, having the ceremony in Vegas Baby!

3. Wedding Date:  September 21, 2013

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing:  Save the Dates went out today!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • 1. Your Name age if you feel like it: Gregg, 25 Michael, 23. 2. Location: We are having a small ceremony in Shakespeare's Garden, Central Park in NYC but also having a large ceremony and reception close to where we live in Southern Jersey the same day. 3. Wedding Date: July 7, 2013 4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing: We are getting married exactly a year after we were engaged and exactly where the question was popped :
  • I'm David from NYC. By any chance would it be a couture dress from my husband to be Matthew Christopher? : We are getting married December 27 this year!
  • edited December 2012
    1. Your Name age if you feel like: I'm Dexter, and my partner is Evert. By our wedding day I'll be 43 and he'll be 38. 2. Location: We live in Florida. The actual ceremony will be in Iceland, followed by a larger reception here in the States. 3. Wedding Date: May 17, 2014. We wanted to give ourselves enough time to not have to dive into everything immediately, but still have it fairly soon. 4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing: Evert was born Iceland, and because samesex marriage is legal there that it would be a great place to marry. It'll be a small ceremony just for friends and family, due to financial restrictions, which is why we're following it up with a reception here, so everyone has the chance to celebrate with us without feeling left out. :
  • 1. Linda  age 44

2. Burlington VT ceremony/Richmond VA reception

3. Ceremony 6/23/13 & Reception 6/30/13

4. After starting and stopping this day 2x due to the loss of both our moms, this moment is bitter sweet.  Mostly sweet.
  • 1. Your Name age if you feel like:
    I'm Zan and My Hersband to be is Ms. Tate

2. Location:
    We live in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago, IL. Just recently decided to have our ceremony here in Northern Illinois, and hoping by then they will have passed the same sex marriage bill which goes to the Senate on Valentine's Day this year.

3. Wedding Date:
    Currently it's August 10, 2014...... Let's see if that changes... AGAIN..... once the venue is secured the date will be secured! We still have a little time........

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing:
    We have been together for almost 5 years, and met through a really close and dear friend to us both....... who will be officiating a portion of our ceremony....... :-).... We are so excited... I am a wedding planner (hobby) and have enjoyed planning other's weddings but I am extremely overwhelmed trying to plan my own...... I need a planner... but I am also a control freak... so this should be interesting........

Happy Planning Knotties!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Your Name (age if you feel like it)
    Shane (44)

2. Location
    (Vancovuer BC)

3. Wedding Date
    August 24 2013

been together for almost 19 years were going to wait till 20 but it just felt like this was the best time.  
  • 1. Your Name (Age if you feel like it): Ndeya, 23

2. Location: California

3. Wedding Date: October 31, 2014 (tenatively... nothing set in stone yet!)

4: WILD CARD! We've been together 5 years and have been best friends for 7. High school sweethearts!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:10363768Post:10363768">roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey brides and grooms! There lots of new people on our board so let's introduce ourselves. Copy and paste the questions below and reply with your answers: 1. Your Name (age if you feel like it) 2. Location 3. Wedding Date 4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing
    Posted by alisonz[/QUOTE]
    1) twodudeshappy
    2) St. Pete FL
    3) Jan 17, 2010
    4) Dated for 4 years, engaged for one, married for 3 (so far and still going). 98 people at our wedding....surprised them  all in the middle by 3 friends and both of us entering the hall in FULL DISCO attire and turned our party upside down.  Friends and relatives still tell us ours was the VERY best wedding ever.  :)   Do it your way!
  • betsybromleybetsybromley member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    1. Betsy (41) & Stephanie (36)

2. Tampa, FL

3. February 9, 2013

4. Wedding @ Stowe Mountain Lodge in Stowe, VT.  Wedding Planner @ lodge Calais Van Horn was amazing.

• 1. Your Name (age if you feel like it); Tonya (47 11/12years old)

2. Location - TBD (that is why I am here)

3. Wedding Date - March 8, 2014

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing; B and I met in the Seattle Women's Chorus (2nd Altos) and it was love at first sight. After 6 years, we are making it legal!!! We are both both born under the sun singn of Cancer, so romance is paramount in our upcoming ceremony. Ideally less than 60 folks, indoor, evening, candles, with food and dancing after. Ideally, none of our guests will have to lift a finger. Location should be convenient and reasonably priced. A girl can dream. Grateful for safe space and acceptance among our straight allies.
  • 1. Your Name Rachel

2. Location TBD

3. Wedding Date July 31, 2015

4. WILD CARD! Gay marriage was just basically legalized today in MN (where we live)
  • Christine, 37,  Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), CA

Feel like the luckiest woman in the world to have found such an amazing woman to spend my life with!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards