May 2012 Weddings

FI's entrance song choice-need opinions

FI and I are BIG Boston Bruins fans and he wants to enter into the reception to is a song that they play during part of the game (its also the 70's Bruins theme song) Its a kind of "weird" version of the Nutcracker theme song, its called "Nut Rocker"

Here's the link to the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYtDhlmgJg

I'm kind of on the fence about this but FI really wants it. I think its fun and most of our guests are hockey fans so they should "get it" but I don't know...I want your opinions please!
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: FI's entrance song choice-need opinions

• I think if you guys are Bruins fans that it's a fun entrance. It's a little slow in the beginning so maybe you could kind of have it start and play for a little and then make your entrance when it gets faster? I think if your crowd would get it and it's important to you guys, go for it! 
    Anniversary
  • Ya the begining is slow, so maybe the DJ could just skip over the first part and onto the fun part....or he can announce us during the slow part and crank up the music when it gets to be the fun part
    imageimage
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • i think if you're both down with it, it would be a lot of fun.  personally i'm all for breaking "tradition" or what you're "supposed to do"

FI wants to incorporate the thong song somehow, that's where i drew the line  hahaha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_fis-entrance-song-choice-need-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4bbbabb6-e9e8-44a2-92bd-1b644c955705Post:1d3b9880-e392-4ecf-a6c6-3f3b466cd2dc">Re: FI's entrance song choice-need opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think if you're both down with it, it would be a lot of fun.  <strong>personally i'm all for breaking "tradition" or what you're "supposed to do"</strong> FI wants to incorporate the thong song somehow, that's where i drew the line  hahaha
    Posted by comeongetdown[/QUOTE]

I agree with that part 100% I am not following etiquette to the T by any means. It will still be a wedding but no reason why it can't be fun. I think you should do it I don't see anything wrong with it!

By the way The Thong Song is priceless!!!!!
  • I'm not familiar with it at all, and I wouldn't think it was weird if he entered to it- Just based on how it sounds, I would figure it was a fun "inside joke" sort of thing.

When I read "Nutcracker" I was worried, but it's not Christmas-y like I thought it would be :)
  • Sorry I should have been more clear. This song would be OUR entrance song into the reception.
    imageimage
  • I like it! It's something fun and different :)
  • I think it would be a great idea!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards