Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Honeymoon shopping

I live in Lafayette. Can anyone tell me what's a good place to find reasonably priced casual summer clothing such as shorts, t-shirts, & summer dresses?
We are honeymooning in the mountains in Arkansas so I was more interested in shorts and t-shirts. I already have plenty of lingerie :)

I would be willing to shop in the Baton Rouge area as well.

Re: Honeymoon shopping

• Options
    Old Navy, Target, JCPenny, Macy's
  • Options
    Thanks! I am going to Old Navy for khakis and polo shirts. Just got a new job. I plan to go to Macy's for their One Day Sale this weekend.
  • Options
    PearlyPandaPearlyPanda member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I find that Old Navy has the BEST summer clothes!! Probably around the same price range as target. Also, congrats on the new job!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! I went to Macy's and got some cargo shorts, shoes, a dress, and a shirt to wear with jeans and wedges to my bachelorette party--for $111

I will go to Old Navy for khakis and hopefully they will have polo shirts too.
  • Options
     Other then Macy's and Old Navy I like American Eagle, Bananna Republic, Ann Taylor Loft, and a place called Jewlies off of Rena and Bertrand.  jewlies has some really good dresses I love everything I have bought there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like Banana Republic as well. Although IF they had shorts I liked they would probably be well over 100 dollars a piece. I was looking for cheaper prices. I have been to jewelie's. I saw one cute dress and it was 100. I wouldn't have thought it was worth that much.
  • Options
    Wow I have never seen something there that expensive at Jewlies.  I have gotten so many things there actually and none of my dresses are over 30-40 from her.  I agree about the Bananna shorts lol.  That's why I try to only buy if it's on sale there and the same goes for the Loft lol.  I know of a couple more places but I need to get the actual names for them.  I will get it back to you later today/tomorrow
  • Options
    Ok thanks. Yeah the dress was a white dress (that costs 100).It was a nice summer dress but still looked kinda casual. Wouldnt have paid that much for it. I have got good deals at Banana Republic. Especially when there is an exta 30 or so off on clearance.

I am done honeymoon shopping for now though. I still got to buy some work clothes for my new job which starts after my honeymoon.
  • Options
    I havent even started with honeymoon shopping I have a year before our wedding and I am trying to get money down on everything else first even though I want to go clothes shopping. I need some more work clothes too.  I think I might stop by Jewlies this weeked I have a gift certificate right now.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Don't forget all the pre-wedding parties! I waited until the last minute to shop for these and that was a stressful mistake. You'll probably need to shop for:
    Engagement Party
    Bridal Showers
    Bridesmaid Luncheon
    Bachlorette Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • Options
    Thank you mom and mardi gras because I got a white dress perfect for the rehersal dinner a few years back but as for the others I really dont have much.  I have an all white Michael Kors dress but thats only one thing. What and where did you go and get for all the various events?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I mainly saved the "white" for my wedding day and shopped all over the place for these parties. I found dresses on sale at Ann Taylor, Cache, and spurged on a few items from local boutiques. Carriages in Bocage Shopping Center has good sales and beautiful things. Dolci Modi is a beautiful boutique and they are having summer sale now. I also bought a dress from Yvonne LaFleurs in New Orleans which along with my Dolci Modi dress was definitely a splurge.
    If you have time to do some looking you could browse though Tangor Outlet, Steinmart, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Burlington Coat Factory. Also, Dillard is having a 30% off sale items that starts today.
  • Options

Hello Sales!!! Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards