Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Bare Minerals and Photos...

Hey Guys,

I was curious if any of you have had any experience with wearing Bare Minerals makeup and having professional photos taken? I was reading on another board that Bare Minerals does not photo well. I plan to do my own makeup for my wedding and all I wear is Bare Minerals because it's the only makeup that doesn't make my skin breakout like a 13 year old. Any input is much appreciated.... 

Thanks =),

Lindsay
imageAnniversary

Re: Bare Minerals and Photos...

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's the only makeup you can wear, then just wear it.  You don't want to break out on your wedding day!  Your photographer can help with any post work that you might need on the photos.  Also, ask your photog, he/she may have some advice for you.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear that too.  I've never had problems with it in casual snapshots that friends take.  Hmm.  A wedding photog will be getting closer and using higher resolution than my buddies.  It looks good up close in the mirror in direct sunlight, so I just assumed it would be OK. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did my best friend's makeup for her wedding using all Bare Minerals products and she looked great in her photos.  I did use the Bare Minerals primer to help it last longer.  It was a hot summer day and we did some touch-ups with Mineral Veil for shine.  All in all, I think if you like Bare Minerals go for it!  It would be worse to be all broke out for your wedding pictures.
  • Options
    ahr1982ahr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The natural sunscreen in bare minerals, or any makeup with sunscreen for that matter, can make your face look whiter than the rest of your body in flast photography.
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard and read numerous times that BM does not photograph well. If you do have to wear it, just try to use more of the matte formulas so you don't get that whiteout effect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard due to it being a powder it has a lot of reflective properties.  If your skin isn't oily probably wont be a problem.  I use it on a daily basis but will let my makeup person decide for my wedding day.

A
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah I have heard that it does not photograph well, my friend who works in a beauty department says that any face make-up with SPF in it will cause a reflection when you take pictures, so that is something to think about.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lindsey,

So how did that end up working out?? I'm in the same boat.
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not Lindsey but I have more info

Our photog had no idea either way, so he had me call a MUA.  She said that either the HD makeup from places like Sephora ($40-ish) or Revlon Colorstay ($10 or less) photograph best.  I tried the Revlon kind for our e-pics, and I've been wearing it ever since.  The price also helps since we have a wedding to save for.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards