Destination Weddings Discussions

WTF Wednesday!!

It's that time again to vent, complain or just plain b!tch about whatever you would like.  For the newbies, jump right in, we don't judge.  :)
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: WTF Wednesday!!

• I'll start.

Why is it that FMIL is pushing FI to send his XW an email, card or text because her father is in the hospital?  I think that its totally inappropriate especailly since her family doesn't like FI and even FMIL says that she isn't totally over FI.  Thankfully, FI stands up to his mom and tells her that there is no way he is doing this.

Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Cathy, WTF is with that??  Sonds like your FMIL isn't over FI's XW.

my WTF, we just booked the sign museum in Vegas for a private shoot and only 6 ppl can go in.  Me, FI & photog are 3.  I don't think it's fair to include another couple and leave everyone else out.  Stepdad is now sending a-holes texts, about how "he's hurt that I'm treating him like a normal guest considering everything he's done" he "see's how it is" "not a smart choice, since we're the one's paying for everything."  You're how old??  Grow up man!
  • Cathy - That's crazy! Glad he's standing up to her!
    Murph - Sorry he's being like that, is he back in highschool or something? lol

My WTF I have to word carefully, only because I don't know if that person lurks on this board, I know they do on TK. I had someone volunteer to do something for the wedding, something pretty big. Everytime they talk to me they are excited about 'no this is what I want to do for you as your wedding gift' and yet behind my back I found out, while talking to a family member, they are complaining about how much work it is, they aren't even getting paid, etc.... I hate people who are two-faced!
  • Cathy, really WTF. Why would be do that unless you were all friends. Lindsey, what, why do adults act like such children I had a long WTF story but I deleted it for fear of it being read by the wrong people incause im found on her lol. Very very short version. W(why) TF would u have your sister call someone that is engaged and blocked your number 2 years ago because your crazy. Well your still crazy!!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Cathy, Lindsay, Britt & Jen- WTF is right!

My WTF is D's mom. And it will be for my whole life!
  • My other WTF is why is Cathy so freaken jealous of my tickers! I mean really, she could add a bunch to her siggy, too. It's not like I have exclusive siggy power!
  • This is def a WTF Wednesday!! 

FMIL talks to FI's XW because they work together.  Yes my life is that Jerry Springer.  Not only are our Ex's getting married but FMIL works with the XW 2 buildings down from FI and I.  My father and step-mom still aren't over my XH and still talk to him.  And my step-sister and her hubby have actually stayed over at our ex's house.  I was waiting for FI's XW to show up at my step-sisters baby shower in December.  (She didn't thank God because it would have been game on.)
  • WTF are you WTFing?  Me again?

• Cathy, get a ticker!
  • And ya Cathy, WTF that is all twisted. I thought my situation with my XH Family was screwed up. Lol
  • Yes, Cathy that WTF is for you. I can't even put my head around who is who and who slept with who.
  • MY WTF is to myself.  I have a sinus infection and so much to do before I get home. Then WTF the FI who asked me to make homemade burgers tonight like I am not fighting this infections. I guess, he can put his cooking skills to work.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See I told you I was a good candidat for Jerry.  Thank God there are no children involved!!
  • My WTF for today is that my best friend and I had a falling out a couple of months and have not spoken to eachother, since being engaged and trying to plan a wedding and picking a wedding party I still find myself having a hard time with her not being apart of it.

So I took a big step out of the box here and emailed her yesterday to try and work this stuff out and put it behind us so that she can be apart of my big day. Lets just say she was very hestiant and said that it is going to take time to get over things. She will have to let me know if she feels like she can be apart of our big day.

I guess in the end I can say I was the bigger person, it means alot to me for her to be apart of our wedding. But we will have to see if it ends that way...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:f37f81a9-8f29-4a33-a3cf-002b51eb36f1Post:a26cbb61-c3fc-46cd-bf0b-91d28966d42a">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My WTF for today is that my best friend and I had a falling out a couple of months and have not spoken to eachother, since being engaged and trying to plan a wedding and picking a wedding party I still find myself having a hard time with her not being apart of it. So I took a big step out of the box here and emailed her yesterday to try and work this stuff out and put it behind us so that she can be apart of my big day. Lets just say she was very hestiant and said that it is going to take time to get over things. She will have to let me know if she feels like she can be apart of our big day. I guess in the end I can say I was the bigger person, it means alot to me for her to be apart of our wedding. But we will have to see if it ends that way...
    Posted by Kayles16[/QUOTE]

<div>That's hard! My BBF and I had a huge falling out a few years back. We didn't talk for years. Not that I didn't try. When she found out I was engaged she sent me flowers and said she was sorry. She's now helped me every step of the way. It concerns me that with such a huge moment if your life, your "friend" doesn't want to be there for you. </div>
  • Yeah well she made it clear that she would like to get over everything and put it behind her but that its going to take time and baby steps. Also that is alot harder now that we live in 2 different countries.

Apart of me say screw it and move on, you tried and she isnt willing to give it up. And really we are both equally at fault. But then the other part says work on it then because it means alot to you for her to be there.....ERR lol why is everything always so complicated
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My WTF is a little corny, and more of a WhyTF.

W(hy)TF are you gals so awesome?!?! I go on other boards here and there, but truly feel "at home" on this board. I feel like you can ask anything you want without being told to just go to another board to find the answer; you all will provide the answer to the best of your ability and inform people that there is a board for that topic if they need more advice. 

I have been on other sites outside of TK, and TK gets a bad rap, and I can see why when I look at other boards. People are just so "by the books, and this is what you're supposed to do" that it almost makes it feel like a wedding is a cookie cutter process; however, it should be about celebrating the love between 2 invididuals. 

Anywho, thank you all for all of your help these past few months, and thanks for being an awesome YOU!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:f37f81a9-8f29-4a33-a3cf-002b51eb36f1Post:30e4a7ce-2870-4bde-b2b1-5f455301cb9a">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My WTF is a little corny, and more of a WhyTF. W(hy)TF are you gals so awesome?!?! I go on other boards here and there, but truly feel "at home" on this board. I feel like you can ask anything you want without being told to just go to another board to find the answer; you all will provide the answer to the best of your ability and inform people that there is a board for that topic if they need more advice.  I have been on other sites outside of TK, and TK gets a bad rap, and I can see why when I look at other boards. People are just so "by the books, and this is what you're supposed to do" that it almost makes it feel like a wedding is a cookie cutter process; however, it should be about celebrating the love between 2 invididuals.  Anywho, thank you all for all of your help these past few months, and thanks for being an awesome YOU!
    Posted by nicolej518[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's because we are all a little mad here and don't care about the rules. You must be a little mad, too. Another cup of tea, Ladies? Move down! Move down! Clean Cup! Clean Cup!

</div>
  • I have to agree with Nicole. After lurking for awhile and posting a few times I was ready to quit because some of the boards are down right scary!  There are alot of negative people out there who are ready to jump all over you if you ask the wrong question.  But, then I found the DW board and everything was great!  Thanks ladies!
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:f37f81a9-8f29-4a33-a3cf-002b51eb36f1Post:67327bcc-03af-4a70-80fe-e07264df3a24">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is def a WTF Wednesday!!  FMIL talks to FI's XW because they work together.  Yes my life is that Jerry Springer.  Not only are our Ex's getting married but FMIL works with the XW 2 buildings down from FI and I.  My father and step-mom still aren't over my XH and still talk to him.  And my step-sister and her hubby have actually stayed over at our ex's house.  I was waiting for FI's XW to show up at my step-sisters baby shower in December.  (She didn't thank God because it would have been game on.)
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]

holy sh!t, I can't even think of a WTF that would even come close to comparing to that.
    I feel for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:f37f81a9-8f29-4a33-a3cf-002b51eb36f1Post:a0ff3c66-57ea-4c6f-bb37-349850c5ed1c">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah well she made it clear that she would like to get over everything and put it behind her but that its going to take time and baby steps. Also that is alot harder now that we live in 2 different countries. Apart of me say screw it and move on, you tried and she isnt willing to give it up. And really we are both equally at fault. But then the other part says work on it then because it means alot to you for her to be there.....ERR lol why is everything always so complicated
    Posted by Kayles16[/QUOTE]

My bf is sucky lately. I wish she would move to another country. ; )

I think if she can't move past whatever, for a happy occasion, she really isn't a friend.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:f37f81a9-8f29-4a33-a3cf-002b51eb36f1Post:cae2255d-3d28-4910-b2b3-eefa10b532d7">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday!! : It's because we are all a little mad here and don't care about the rules. You must be a little mad, too. Another cup of tea, Ladies? Move down! Move down! Clean Cup! Clean Cup!
    Posted by kimmykupcakes[/QUOTE]

*Pouts* I can't find my clean cup... I think Cathy stole it...
  • Nicole, I agree, everyone is awesome on this board. I don't even post on other sites. I feel like I found true friends here and it sucks nobody is close!
  • Jenn we are really not that far apart I don't think. Probably a little far for meeting for a cup of coffee though. Oh and WTF...I though we alreundercharged your "bf" to your "XBF"? Britt, I didn't steal your cup. I used it and it is now dirty. Nicole, like I said at the beginning of the post, we don't judge here. Well only on WTF Wednesday's and it's only the XBFs and stupid supervisors and weirdo FMILs but never the posters. We love everybody. :)
  • I must agree with the ladies above, the Destination Weddings board is by far the BEST board on any site.  Even on other boards on TK, there are a lot of snippy and down right rude ladies. I'm so glad I'm a Destination Bride!

My WTF: Now that FI's cousin is engaged, we have to plan our ceremonies around each other.  IF ONE PERSON SAYS TO ME "I CAN'T ATTEND BC BLAHBLAHBLAH OTHER WEDDINGS" I WILL SCREAM!!! Last year, there were FOUR weddings that their family members had to attend, I'LL BE DARNED if someone complains about attending mine. Just don't come if it's a hassle! Seriously! It's 1600 miles away, I won't be mad! 

That's all.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Ugh!!! Sorry Ashley! That sucks! Cathy, your right we prob are closer than I thought. I am about 45 min from Binghampton and 2 1/2 hrs from NYC. OH.....The XBF txt me at 7:30 tonight to see if I made it home from work ok. WOW!!
  • So I'm late but just showed FI the your little ticker war and he all out laughed, haha.

My WTF is to my FSIL.  For a little back round info, FSIL and FBIL own a little grocery store that FI has worked at for over 9 years and way before they bought.  Also, we set up a dinner at my parents house so that his parents and sister and family could meet mine and our dog since we are all staying together for a week.  So out of the blue today, FSIL txts FI, "you know we obviously won't be able to go to dinner right?"  Ummm no since we planned this two weeks ago and he changed things at work so that he could get out early.  So they had a fight about us not being flexible.  FI almost blew up since we picked the only night we could since FI works all the other nights at the store!  Then she has the gall to say we are being inconvenient because we are having our AHR Memorial Day weekend!!! And it's all because of the store since it's busy that weekend.  Does she realize we have 70 other guests to think about and we can't arrange everything around the store?  FI has done them so many favours and yet he still gets crap.  Ugh! 

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards