Vineyard Weddings
Options

WHY is this board so LAME??

Come on, ladies!

We absoutely have the COOLEST theme/location for our weddings... why aren't we rocking this board?

Help me liven this up.

What is your favorite kind of wine?  Favorite winery?  What made you choose to have a vineyard theme wedding OR a wedding at a vineyard or whatever brought you to this board?

What wedding event/project/DIY thing are you most pruod of?

Have you totally screwed antying up yet?  I know I have... I have gone through about 2 dozen wine bottles trying to figure out how to score/cut them without breaking them into a zillion pieces. 

Have you been to a winery wedding before?  Any cool experiences?

We have got to get this board moving!!!  It is SOOOOOOOOOO slow and it really shouldn't be.  I think the goth board even gets more action than this one... NOT COOL!

Help me out here.  Let's spark up some wine conversations... I am already inspired myself to go home and drink a glass just thiking about it... (which is going to make the rest of my day at work pretty l-o-n-g).

Hope to see some action soon.

Happy planning!
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: WHY is this board so LAME??

• Options
    What is your favorite kind of wine? 

We love whites, but not to sweet...we used to love the sweeter whites years ago when we first started drinking wine regularly, but out tastes have "refined" a little I guess. lol.

Favorite winery? 
    Our favorite winery is probably a little family owned winery in the town that we are getting married in. We discovered it in the winter time, enjoyed every single wine, red & white, that we tasted there and loved the atmosphere. A place you can bring cards, or a board game, sit for hours and enjoy eating, drinking,and being merry. Or we will often sit in one of their booths perfet for two where you can quietly hold hands and talk. 

The winery is called Blumenhoff and located in Washington, MO. We just love it!

What made you choose to have a vineyard theme wedding OR a wedding at a vineyard or whatever brought you to this board?
    We have always loved wineries, in fact, my finace is the one who introduced me to them the first summer we met. One of our first dates was chatting over a bottle of wine, overlooking a beautiful vineyard, and getting to know one another better. 

All of our friends kept asking us where we would have our wedding and when we finally told them a vineyard, they thought it was the perfect place! We are so exicted to have our wedding there and have our friends and family enjoy what we love so much!

Well even though our centerpieces are not crazy fancy or anything special, it means the world to us that we are drinking a bottle of wine from every winery we have visited, naming the table after that winery, making wine cork picture holders to hold a photo of us at the winery. We will also have a tile mirror and votive candles and lavendar petals scattered on the table. So nothing fancy but it's special to us and I can't wait to see what the final outcome will look like. 

Have you totally screwed antying up yet?  I know I have... I have gone through about 2 dozen wine bottles trying to figure out how to score/cut them without breaking them into a zillion pieces. 
    hmmm...I made my sister, who is making my save the dates, go through a million revisions of the vineyard, wine, grape bunch calendar Save the Date,! I feel so bad...but I was a bit bridezilla and wanted them perfect...fortunately, I think we got that and I can't wait to send them out. Also, fortuantely my sister is still agreeable to do the wine-themed invites for me! However, we are waiting to do those in person so maybe I won't be such a pain in the a** for her! :) I'm so lucky to have her help!

I have not been to a winery wedding before, nor have many of my friends or family members. My finace and his family have been to a winery for a wedding, but they weren't allowed to drink the wine!!!! crazy!!!!! not even if they wanted to pay for it themselves, as long as they were associated with the wedding, which was dry, clearly, they were not allowed to drink the wine. So they acutally went to a few other wineries along the way before arriving at the reception! Can you believe that???!?!?!! A winery wedding without the wine? Crazy!!!!
  • Options
    We both drink reds - I'm more a Rioja, and he likes Malbec.

Favorite winery? 
    We haven't really been to any wineries - we're actually doing a wine theme, not a vineyard.  I'll get back to you once we return from our HM in Napa :)

What made you choose to have a vineyard theme wedding OR a wedding at a vineyard or whatever brought you to this board?
    Wine theme as I mentioned above. 

We don't have much in common for a couple about to get married :), but we do both like wine, and he proposed using a custom wine label, so we wanted to continue the theme.

What wedding event/project/DIY thing are you most proud of?
    We're not doing a lot of DIY - although once I get done making cork place card holders this weekend, I'm sure I'll feel like it's been a lot!

I think we're overall just very happy that everything is very us :) And our lovely logo that our MOH drew for us:

Hmmm, off hand the first thing that comes to mind is when I was ordering linens last week.  I fell in love with table runners I found on Etsy, ordered 7, asking for them to be shipped ASAP because they were coming from the other side of the country...only to show them to FI and have him ask if they were brown or black - and they were black, when our colors were brown! I was in such a rush to get them, and so excited to find some I liked that I just went by the color on my monitor and didn't read the huge lettering at the top that said BLACK and AQUA.  Oops, had to order more in the right colors (blue and brown).  Not a huge oops, but so close to the wedding it was sad to spend more money because I wasn't paying attention.

Nada, hopefully that changes soon!
  • Options
    MIchelle--
    You are getting married the day after me!!!  Too cool!  I think Memorial Weekend will be beautiful.

A winery wedding without wine?  What the heck?  That is a bit ridiculous. 

I am sure yours will be much cooler.

Jessi--- your wedding is right around the corner... I am so excited for you.  You'll have to re-visit this board after and share your pictures and stories.

And by the way, your monogram is really great!  MOH did a great job!

Thanks for helping to pick this board up a bit ladies.  It makes me Frown that it is so slow.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    We are having a vineyard themed wedding!  But we are not getting married at a vineyard :(  We live in Orlando and are getting married locally, but I found a beautiful venue which I think will ultimately be a perfect location.  My fiance proposed to me in Napa at Castillo de Amorosa vineyard.  If you are familiar with it, it was amazing!!!  He is not generally romantic which made this that much more amazing.   We went to Cali for a friend's wedding and turned it into a vacation.  I fell in love with wine country after, we spend most of our time in Sonoma but finished the day at the castle.  Since it's theme at Castillo de Amorosa is "The Romance of Italy, the wines of Napa", I will be having Italian food and vineyard/wine country decor.  My cousin is amazing at "do it yourself" stuff so I'm leaving a lot of the crafty stuff to her (I would screw it up myself).  My biggest challenge is that I love purple and pinks, but at first struggled with the idea of purple bridesmaid dresses because I've seen so many bridesmaids dresses in that color lately.  Pink as the main color just clashed with the rest of the vineyard theme, and ultimately I chose lavendar as the color.
  • Options
    What is your favorite kind of wine?  i love white, and my FI loves red so choosing wine for dinner can be kinda difficult!
    Favorite winery?  The vineyard that we are getting married at, i love all of them by me they are all beautiful
    What made you choose to have a vineyard theme wedding OR a wedding at a vineyard or whatever brought you to this board? We love the vineyards and wine so we deicded to have it at a vineyard

What wedding event/project/DIY thing are you most pruod of? I dont really have the creative gene, but i really want to a cute card box for the reception

Have you totally screwed antying up yet?  I hope not, im still in the begining planning process so i hope i didnt screw anything up to bad yet!
    Have you been to a winery wedding before?  Any cool experiences? No! ill be the first of where we live to get married at a vineyard!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am not prejudice! But I like red blends. I like big zinfindels!

Favorite winery? 
    My favorite winery? Wow toughie! I have been tasting a lot around california. I dont think I can answer this question, because some wineries have amazing wines one year then horrible wines then next. I love a small winery called Karley, in Amador County. Very tiny Winery, tasting room only. BUt their Scorpion wine is amazing! About 30-35 a bottle.

I have always loved the idea of a winery wedding, but always thought it was out of my budget and probably too much work. I liked the idea of a package wedding and most wineries didnt do that. But after looking into the Amador county area, and asking about prices, realized it was do-able! I am incorporating some Wine elements into our wedding, but I wouldnt say its an over the top theme.

I am going to have table names be wine types from the winery. I am using discontinued labels from the winery, and putting them into picture frames. So instead of saying you are at table 1, you would be at table Zinfindel. 

I am doing cork place setting name card holders. There are all over the internet, but I wanted to make them myself, so I asked the winery to save their corks.

Another idea: favors will use old wine bottles with christmas lights and a lamp shade on it to create lamps from the winery to make something. Not sure if I can have it be affordable yet though. Again the winery saved me bottles from the tasting room.

Have you totally screwed antying up yet?  
    On the save the dates I put the wrong link for our wedding website, i copied and pasted the really long one from the address bar rather than using the easy one with our names in it. Bummer, because I think people would enjoy seeing the website.

My future sister in law got married at fess parker (fancy winery in santa barbara). She did a wildflower theme. And tables were named after types of wild flowers, and had pictures of those flowers rather than the words. 
    I didnt actually go, but the future mother in law gave me that idea.
  • Options
    Well, I guess I could throw in my two cents here to keep this board going...

I love all wine... seriously.  New York state is really known for their sweets and I have to kind of lean toward that end, but it would be so impossible for me to pick just one or two or even ten!

Favorite winery? 
    I have a special place in my heart for Miles winery on Seneca Lake (this is where Kevin proposed) and Glenora winery (where we will have our reception).  But I really do enjoy many different wineries around the Finger Lakes.  Each one has their own unique theme, style and personality.  There are so many good ones... so hard to pick.

Kevin and I have shared so many wonderful nights together either sipping wine on our back porch enjoying the sunset and each other's company.... or driving around the Finger Lakes doing our own wine tours.  We just love wine.  We also think that the Finger Lakes are just so absolutely beautiful... we couldn't imagine spending our special day anywhere else.  Most importantly, we have had so many great memories at the vineyards, we are excited to share this gorgeous countryside with our friends and family.

We have been working really hard on our centerpieces and are very proud of how they are turning out.  We decided to save up wine bottles and corks (and asked our friends to donate their stashes) then cut them in half, fill them with corks and glue them back together.  It is now looking great, but at first was a near disaster (see question below).  I am very excited to see the final final FINAL product.

As mentioned above, we decided to try this glass cutting project.  A few blades and a few dozen busted wine bottles later, we finally got the trick.  lol.  Thank goodness my friends love wine as much as I do so they were able to hand over dozens of extra wine bottles to make up for the ones I had destroyed. 

Never been to a winery wedding... we are really hoping to wow our guests with the atmosphere, decorations, and just the overall ambiance of the winery/vineyard.  We have encouraged our friends and family to consider staying at local B&B's for the weekend.  We are hoping they turn our wedding weekend into a little romantic getaway for themselves and that they fall in love with the wineries just as much as we did.

We'll see how it goes.

I can't wait to hear what everyone else is up to!  Keep the ideas coming!  Let's get this board moving!

Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    I like a variety of things but tend to go for a Lumbrusca, Cabernet, or Pinot.

Favorite winery?
    Don't really have one but if had to pick the one our wedding is at. We live in PA, and there are some great wineries around but nothing compared to what they have in Napa. 

I always liked the vineyard theme (my kitchen is decorated that way).  One of the first dates me and my fiance did was wine tasting at local wineries.  I was sold once I saw the venue.  It wasn't just a winery it also has an amazing bed and breakfast there as well.  The  beautiful house for the b&b was built as a wedding gift in 1863.  It combined my two favorite things; wine and old houses with history.

I am making my own wine flavored jelly to give out to my guests as a favor.

Nothing yet, but still have 9 months to go!

No but would but would love to if someone has room for me at theirs! lol
    Tongue out

• Options
    Hey Hollytrea!!!  My Fi is from Pittsburgh!

Which winery are you having your wedding at?  I have only been to La Casa de Narcisi, but it was gorgeous.

How are you making your wine jelly?  I would love to try something like that.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    Hi kevinandmonica2.  My wedding is being held at Brookmere Winery.  Center of the state, by State College. 

I found a recipe online for wine flavored jelly really easy to make. Here is a link:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/wine-jelly/Detail.aspx
  • Options
    What is your favorite kind of wine?  Favorite winery?  What made you choose to have a vineyard theme wedding OR a wedding at a vineyard or whatever brought you to this board?
    I actually JUST turned 21 this last July, but my parents are really into wines so I know a lot about them (My dad is french...in every sense of the word, haha). I enjoy small wineries, because I feel that the quality is better, and my favorites have been the rose's, and white zinfandel. We decided to have our wedding at a vineyard because we live in a small town surrounded by them, and there is no place more beautiful than an Oregon vineyard! It is also one of the only places where we can have the ceremony and reception at the same location without it being lame or horrifically expensive.

Right now I am most proud of my most recent centerpiece idea (hand painting glass vases), but I'll be wanting some feedback, so I'll be posting pics soon to see what everyone thinks.

Have you totally screwed anything up yet?
    Um...so my original certerpiece idea was to use wine glasses and rocks from the local beaches so my lovely MOH went with me to collect said rocks...and then I changed my mind. So now I have about 8 wine glasses that I won't be using and a bucket of rocks that my lovely FH might make into a rock garden for us. Centerpieces are the MOST aggravating thing ever, haha

I have not been to a winery wedding, and it is a first for my family, too, so this is an entirely new experience for my whole family. I am excited though, and baffled as to why there aren't more winery weddings happening.

Anyway, I'm excited to have this board, but I agree that it could be more interactive..

BTW, anyone having trouble finding a back up plan for bad weather? Maybe it's just because I'm from Oregon, but my goodness, I have NO plan for if it rains on my wedding...Help?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards