Getting in Shape

Getting in Shape and Losing Weight

I have have been on Shakeology now for one month and have lost 6 pounds. I also joined a clean eating challenge group and Les Mills Combat Challenge Group on Facebook for support, tips and accountability. I can honestly say it has motivated and inspired me to get back on track with my fitness and weightloss goals.

Everyone in the group is supportive-we all feed off each other. We share tips, fitness articles, meal plans and recipes. My friend recommended the Les Mills Combat program for me based on my fitness goals. I am loving this program. It's challenging, fun and for all fitness levels.

I'd recommend this to anyone who needs that push and motivation to stay dedicated and committed to their goals. I will definitely check back in to report on my progress.

-J

Re: Getting in Shape and Losing Weight

• I'm all for a good post-workout shake or smoothie, but why bother with Shakeology? It's so easy to make your own. And for a lot cheaper too. Apart from a post-workout drink, you really should be chewing your calories rather than drinking them.
  • She's a Shakeology AND Les Mills vendor, no less!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_getting-in-shape-and-losing-weight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:98821327-2d9e-4825-9e11-e02bdc242db8Post:bd8a61c2-1d2e-480d-b989-d2cd0c290bb3">Getting in Shape and Losing Weight</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have have been on Shakeology now for one month and have lost 6 pounds. <strong>I also joined a clean eating challenge group and Les Mills Combat Challenge Group on Facebook for support, tips and accountability. I can honestly say it has motivated and inspired me to get back on track with my fitness and weightloss goals. Everyone in the group is supportive-we all feed off each other. We share tips, fitness articles, meal plans and recipes. </strong>My friend recommended the Les Mills Combat program for me based on my fitness goals. I am loving this program. It's challenging, fun and for all fitness levels. I'd recommend this to anyone who needs that push and motivation to stay dedicated and committed to their goals. I will definitely check back in to report on my progress. -J
    Posted by jxlorie[/QUOTE]

<div>Sounds like.. umm.. exactly what we do here. </div><div>Sooo.. yeah. I think we have that covered. </div><div>But glad it's working for you!</div><div>
    </div><div>As for the shakeology ..Well... I think PPs have already expressed their views on it. Sooo.. good luck with that one. Hope you can keep it up for life. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_getting-in-shape-and-losing-weight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:98821327-2d9e-4825-9e11-e02bdc242db8Post:f2303d14-63be-4c47-a111-aca545b2c8b9">Re: Getting in Shape and Losing Weight</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's a Shakeology AND Les Mills vendor, no less!
    Posted by unchatenfrance[/QUOTE]

<div>I have a friend that takes shakeology and just became a BB coach. She just bought the new BB Les Mills combat DVD.. </div><div>So I'm all like.. </div><div>
    </div><div>O.o ... Do I knoooow you?!! THIS IS MY INTERWEBS LIIIIFE I CAN'T HAVE REAL PEOPLE NEAR MY INTERWEB PEOPLE!!! O.O??</div>
  • I've also lost 6 pounds in one month, and I did it without paying for chemical-filled overpriced shaked mixes.  I did it by tracking food, eating cleaner, and being reasonable about the unhealthy things I enjoy.  AMAZING.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_getting-in-shape-and-losing-weight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:98821327-2d9e-4825-9e11-e02bdc242db8Post:bd8a61c2-1d2e-480d-b989-d2cd0c290bb3">Getting in Shape and Losing Weight</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have have been on Shakeology now for one month and have lost 6 pounds. I also joined a clean eating challenge group and Les Mills Combat Challenge Group on Facebook for support, tips and accountability. I can honestly say it has motivated and inspired me to get back on track with my fitness and weightloss goals. Everyone in the group is supportive-we all feed off each other. We share tips, fitness articles, meal plans and recipes. My friend recommended the Les Mills Combat program for me based on my fitness goals. I am loving this program. It's challenging, fun and for all fitness levels. I'd recommend this to anyone who needs that push and motivation to stay dedicated and committed to their goals. I will definitely check back in to report on my progress. -J
    Posted by jxlorie[/QUOTE]

No shake is natural as they advertise. I found out the hard way. I started herbalife last year and didn't lose an ounce in one month. Late last year; I found out I had metabolic issues and my Dr. really said NONE of these meal replacement shakes are worth it because  nobody can possible go on meal replacements for the rest of their life.

I jumped on the healthy eating bandwagon a month ago and lost 2lbs the first week, All by eating healthy. not even major excercise yet. You need steady weight loss in order to keep it off.
  • What works for some, may not work for others. So far this has worked for me. I only do one shake a day. And, yes, I can probably make my own, but do not think I can get all of the nutrition and benefits I get with the shakes for less than $3.00. I know eating healthy and exercising regularly may be all I need. These programs are designed to motivate and help people meet their goals. I'm not a vendor and not advertising. Yes, I signed up as a coach for the discount and community support. BB does not require I market or sell for the discount. I have a career and do not need a second job ladies. Um, Conspiracy theorists- as to the one post and time of sign up? My wedding has been pushed back for several "life-crap happens" reasons. The message was posted with the genuine intention to share what is working for me and for some support and input. Clearly not the most friendly or supportive group here. @mcda04-Thank you for sharing. I'm with you. I do not want to be on shakes my entire life. Once I lose the weight I'd like to lose, I plan on cutting the shakes, but sticking to a healthy option in place of the shake. I am hoping the Clean Eating Group I am also a part of will help me with meal planning and food options.
  • I just came on this board to find fitness tips and you all seem so hostile!! 

The person who posted it didn't post a link to her website or a link to the company page; she was just trying to give you info about programs that worked for her.

I have tried Shakeology, I like it, and I use a protein shake every day....I vary between Shakeology, Muscle Milk, EAS, and many others.

To those of you who say you should eat your calories, not drink them...you don't know everyone's situation, and until you do, you should not judge how a person chooses to get their nutrition.

Meal replacements are just that...meal replacements.  If you go off a 200 calorie meal replacement, and start eating a 400 calorie meal instead, then yes, you will gain back all of the weight you lost.  But it is because the meal replacement did its job, but you did not!

Many ladies like to join communities and help each other with weight loss.  And that is all this OP's post sounded like!  She wanted to share a positive experience with you all and you jumped down her throat.

I have been doing Zumba for 2 years, Tae Bo for 5 years, Insanity for 1 year.  I have tried many meal replacements, including Shakeology and Metaboliq and I can honestly tell you they all work!!  Are you going to jump down my throat now and accuse me selling all of those programs??

The truth is, EVERY program works as long as you stick to it!!  So find what works for you and then SHARE that program with others so they may share in those benefits!
  • That's our point. 
    1. It's her first post.
    2. It's her first post boasting about particular programs

That makes her look sooorta like a vendor, website added or not. 

And all of us say that DUH they work.. until you go off it. 
    So enjoy your life of shakeology. I'm sure that's SUPER great for your system. 
    I have a protein shake every day as well, but it's nonGMO, plant-based, organic, RAW (ie, 100% unprocessed) with no artificial sweeteners. 
    You can't say the same for your shakeology stuff. Sorry, you just can't. 

You came to this board to find fitness tips, mccarthy? And we all seem hostile? Really? In every non-vendor-sounding thread we seem hostile? 
    Then move on. It's clearly not the place for you if you feel that way. 
  • Whoa, I was also about to join this board for some tips on good workouts to add to my routine. I will never visit again- what a mean bunch of women. What is wrong with you? This is supposed to be the happiest time of your life- how could you even be in the mindset to attack someone like that? I feel sorry for you all- I genuinely hope you all eventually find your own happiness and inner peace.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards