Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hellooo...ooo...ooo...

Re: Hellooo...ooo...ooo...

• Options
    Bay, that's so exciting about a new apartment! Let us know how it goes after talking to the landlord! Believe it or not, I you were in my dream last night. I'm pretty sure you were a high powered NYC attorney, so maybe that's a sign of good things? Ha
  • Options
    Poli - I know what you're talking about, that sounds cool. I hope they don't change your hair too much!

Bay - Definitely let us know what he says when he calls! And yay for being almost finished with night class! I actually never minded night classes, but I know most people hate them. I'm a night owl though... give me an 8 am class and I am MISERABLE. Hence why I go to school online now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hellooooooooo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c8a0aec-4516-42d1-95b2-903834609ac8Post:6f0648ba-5e5b-47ae-87f2-85fe4abe8276">Re:Hellooo...ooo...ooo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, that's so exciting about a new apartment! Let us know how it goes after talking to the landlord! Believe it or not, I you were in my dream last night. I'm pretty sure you were a high powered NYC attorney, so maybe that's a sign of good things? Ha
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that's hilarious!  I'll take it.  I'm likely to never make that kind of money.  Ever.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hellooooooooo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c8a0aec-4516-42d1-95b2-903834609ac8Post:a43edd1f-b3cc-410a-bf5e-2a92c384c1b2">Re: Hellooo...ooo...ooo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome, Poli!  Good luck! I'm so bored.  Nothing's happening at work today.  I finished my PPT presentation for my class tomorrow (found out TODAY that I'm presenting tomorrow rather than next Thursday, thanks for the heads' up, professor!), and I'm just waiting to get out at 2:45.  Appointment after work, then dinner, then I'm dropping H at a friend's house to hang out while I'm at my last Wednesday class.  No more being up until 10 PM mid-week!  I love it. The landlord of the apartment I got a lead on is going to call me between 4 and 6 PM.  I am so excited.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    Sooo... nosy Nelly here. What's going on with everything?
  • Options
    Thanks, Poli!  I'll check it out!

Angel, you probably don't have to. Your church will have a traditional script that they'll use unless you want something else.   We're having a non-religious ceremony, so we're pretty much taking existing scripts and taking the bits we like. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hellooooooooo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c8a0aec-4516-42d1-95b2-903834609ac8Post:feafa8a3-6afc-483d-ae4f-8f63f4195ca9">Re:Hellooo...ooo...ooo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hellooo...ooo...ooo...:That seems like a pretty good analysis! They have a nice combo of classic styles and racier stuff.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

I veered away from the 'crotchless' and handcuff section.  lol

they  have <em>real </em>clothes now too.  who knew! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hellooooooooo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c8a0aec-4516-42d1-95b2-903834609ac8Post:7828150a-7f9e-487d-9f73-b533eb4c1b7f">Re: Hellooo...ooo...ooo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ski I'm actually making the drive up there this weekend.   Snips I don't know how you live in a country without funfetti.  Your H needs to fix that ASAP.  And have you read the book yet?  I'm thinking I might start it now since I have nothing else to do.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    DUDE! I THOUGHT IT WASN'T OUT UNTIL THE 5TH!! Downloading NOW and starting NOW.

YES!!  I just finished the entire re-read over the long weekend.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    sorry for being behind, but how do you make a cake in a jar? 

ETA:  disregard..found it in a later post
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck with the apartment Bay. You deserve it.

Just found out BILs JFK flight was delayd.  Might miss his next connection.  If so that is the last connection from that city today. So we would have to spend the night.     Boo.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Congratulations Poli!

And yay about the apartment lead, Bay!

• Options
    oh noes. It isn't available for download! Curse you Beachy!
  • Options
    Get on that Snips!  I was wondering what the 3 days thing meant, I thought it was for someone else.  Haha start reading!

Angel our priest gave us a wedding ceremony booklet thing that we went through and picked out basically everything we wanted for our ceremony.  It gives you like 5-6 options for every prayer, reading, response, vows, etc., and you pick the ones you want.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hellooooooooo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c8a0aec-4516-42d1-95b2-903834609ac8Post:023687f1-2172-4029-979c-8110e694ea70">Re: Hellooo...ooo...ooo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh noes. It isn't available for download! Curse you Beachy!
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What?  How?  I bought it on Kindle yesterday.

</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hellooooooooo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c8a0aec-4516-42d1-95b2-903834609ac8Post:431cdf46-8224-481b-8453-6238ca81589e">Re: Hellooo...ooo...ooo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get on that Snips!  I was wondering what the 3 days thing meant, I thought it was for someone else.  Haha start reading! Angel our priest gave us a wedding ceremony booklet thing that we went through and picked out basically everything we wanted for our ceremony.  It gives you like 5-6 options for every prayer, reading, response, vows, etc., and you pick the ones you want.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

That sounds easy enough. I don't have any strong opinions, so I'll probably delegate that to Fi. I've pretty much put all the church stuff on him, since I don't actually want to even get married in the church. He has yet to set up Pre Cana and all that, but if he doesn't get it done, then I'll just move the ceremony to the venue and call it a day.
  • Options
    Snippy - we went to counseling last night and agreed on a six-months' trial separation.  We're going to live in different apartments, split our finances, and continue to go to couples' counseling until six months from the date that I move out.  At the end of six months we either decide to make it work, or we decide to divorce.  It's probably going to end up being the latter unless things MAJORLY change (which I don't anticipate), but at least then we'll both have had six months to process what's going on, come to grips with it, and be sure that it's the right decision, rather than hauling off and making a permanent change now when we're still really emotional about it.  During those six months we've made an agreement (which H initiated) not to start any new relationships or get involved with anyone else.  Fine by me.

I found an apartment today that is only about 12 blocks from the apartment where I'm living now and my office.  It's really beautiful and the landlord is calling me today to set up an appointment.  I am psyched.

• Options
    Thanks Mica! Ladies, I just got to work, so I'll see you in a bit! Happy chatting!
  • Options
    Ohhhh, Angel, I remember pre-cana.  I've heard that if you go to the right people it can be a really good experience.  Ours was lousy.  Three weeks of talking about how we shouldn't be having sex, and one week of NFP counseling.  Thrilling.  We didn't talk about children, family, money, anything like that.  It was such a let-down.  Word of advice - if you go to the first meeting and don't click with the instructors, opt out and seek someone else to do it.  We stuck it out through the whole thing, and I really regret it.

• Options
    Bay, that sounds like a really good plan. I'm glad that you'll have the space you need to be on your own and also aren't being rushed to make a final decision. Big hug here.
  • Options
    You are so awesome, and I hope everything comes up trumps for you. :) Good luck with the apartment!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hellooooooooo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c8a0aec-4516-42d1-95b2-903834609ac8Post:b8d4a2c7-bc0a-45f5-8d84-1a3354f53df7">Re: Hellooo...ooo...ooo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhhh, Angel, I remember pre-cana.  I've heard that if you go to the right people it can be a really good experience.  Ours was lousy.  Three weeks of talking about how we shouldn't be having sex, and one week of NFP counseling.  Thrilling.  We didn't talk about children, family, money, anything like that.  It was such a let-down.  Word of advice - if you go to the first meeting and don't click with the instructors, opt out and seek someone else to do it.  We stuck it out through the whole thing, and I really regret it.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I hope our experience isn't like that! I just have a feeling that by the time he gets it set up, we won't have much of an option but to stick it out because there won't be another session in time. I just doubt it's going to bring out any issues we haven't already addressed, but we'll see. As far as NFP, I've googled it, I know what it's about and I don't need to be taught about it in person.
  • Options
    Hello!

I'm at work and it is super boring so thanks poli for starting a chat thread! 

whoever brought up the lingerie, thanks for reminding me.  I bought all the underthings for the day of but have really thought about the night of or honeymoon.  I bringing my normal pjs on the trip is out huh?  I'm gonna have to do some lingerie shopping and I'm kind of digging the vibe I'm picking up from Fredericks.  I think I can pull of cheaper and sluttier than victoria's secret.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our pre-cana was one day for about 8 hours I think.  We would listen to someone speak about a topic, then they would have us fill out worksheets about the important topics like finances, family planning, alcohol/drugs/gambling, and I forget what else.  They would separate us so that we filled out the sheets away from each other, and then had us pair back up to compare our answers and talk about them (just with your FI, nobody else at all sees your answers).  We actually enjoyed it way more than we expected.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    H and I have been talking about a possible move back, and he says that if I find something with my company, I should take it, and not worry about him. Which would be weird, but hey- it would get me out of here!
  • Options
    I did get a new bra from VS last night that I'm pretty psyched about. It's the Dream Angels demi cup. I already have it in black, and a sparkly turquoise lace and now I have it in a light tan that I can wear under my lighter color shirts. I have other nude colored bras, but this one makes my boobs look phenomenal.
  • Options
    Thanks, Poli and Snips :)

Angel, you'd be surprised, it really depends on your area.  Our diocese is always sponsoring pre-cana events, or you can do a couples' retreat weekend, or you can talk to your pastor and see if he has any couples who work two-on-two with engaged couples.  There are tons of options.  I even know some people who did it online (the poor bride called me crying because they had gotten some answers wrong (when they compared sheets) and she thought the priest would refuse to marry them (I have never heard of this happening).

Beach, that's what I was hoping for (not the 8 hour thing, but a really good pre-cana experience).  I wish we'd had something like that.

• Options
    Hi, folks. I had an asthma attack and went home. Stupid allergies.
  • Options
    Yikes, I hope you feel better Special!
  • Options
    Allergies suck, Special.  My ashtma triggers are pretty much all the things.  Do you know what caused yours today?
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Are you wanting to leave Sweden that badly, snips?

We did an Engaged Encounter weekend.  H and I really enjoyed it.  It was two days of not thinking about wedding planning, just about relationship stuff.  We thought it was a bit basic, we would have like it to be harder hitting, but it was still good to have a reason to talk about stuff other than flower colors and menu for a bit.
  • Options
    Hello ladies!

I went shopping today for something nice to 'wear out' to a 'fancy' dinner this weekend in Montreal. Almost $200 later, I come back with no fancy clothes. But whatever, I brought some cute clothes (which I can double and wear to work) so I think its money well spent. Im not sure FI will feel the same way but thats okay haha he spends money on his work gagdets on the time and I've done a lot better with shoppping for clothes (havent been in months!). Lol I sound like an idiot.

Other than that, I cant wait for this work day to be over.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards