Arkansas

First Time for everything.

I never thought this would be me! I thought this would be so easy and I could just sit back and relax but ha I was So wrong. So I need help. I need to know where in Arkansas could Me and my Love be married to where you get the Nature feel and not have to worry about the weather. I need a place that has some history to it and above all it has to be beautiful. I just need some Ideas if Ya'll have any. Thanks for taking time to read This and Congrats to you all!!!Laughing

Re: First Time for everything.

• edited December 2011
    Garvan Gardens Hot Springs!!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    If you're in the NWA region, you should look at Thorncrown Chapel in Eureka Springs, or Mildred B Cooper Memorial Chapel in Bella Vista. They're both gorgeous.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, they're still doing it because I was up there last week talking to them about it. 500 bucks for an hour and a half in a building with no bathrooms and a bunch of imposed rules wasn't my style though. :/http://www.thorncrown.com/weddings.htm if it's something that you're interested in.

However, I did find a venue through my local parks and recreation services. I live in Fort Smith and they have quite a number of gorgeous parks for outdoor weddings and several buildings that can be rented at VERY reasonable prices. I got a full two room, very nice park building on the river front for an entire day for $100 deposit and a $200 rental. That includes tables, chairs, a couple of kitchens AND bathrooms! lol.

So, yeah, try to think of unconventional locations. Typically, from what I've found, almost anything with the word "wedding" on it has a price that doubles.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using DeGray Lake State Park - very good pricing.
  • ShannonRayShannonRay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lake Fort Smith in the Mountainburg area between Fayetteville and Fort Smith.
    Oaks Manor and Lodge in Van Buren(just outside of Fort Smith).
    Lake Ouachita
     :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards