Wedding Woes

2 movie reviews. Hunger Games and Battleship

The Hunger Games

i can see why society got pumped for the annual games. but there was a message in there somewhere, whether it is the exploitation of children, or the rich versus the poor, or the idea of over indulgence. i don't know, so eventually i'll have to read the book. some stuff in the movie did not make any sense, but it might work better in writing. lightly recommend.

Battleship

WTF stupid movie did I just watch? peter berg versus the terminator judgement day, versus predator, versus transformers, versus top gun, versus cocoon. why is this even a movie. i don't regret watching it, because it's probably a fun movie to take your 12 year old neices and nephews just to do something with them. but yeah, ADURR.

Re: 2 movie reviews. Hunger Games and Battleship

• The Hunger Games movie is a bit different from the books in that you get to see different points of view (such a Seneca Crane - the Games master), where as the whole book is from Katniss' POV. You'll understand the movie better if you read the books.

• WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    the only real issue i had with the movie is the CGI monster demons, which probably translate so much better in a book.
  • Battleship: EXPLOSIONS. 

Am I the only person who sees movies for explosions? And robots? Though it definitely could have used more Skaarsgaard. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_2-movie-reviews-hunger-games-and-battleship?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:7f2ecd2e-1285-482b-b3d5-f9acb380810aPost:4cd2facc-1c00-4f1f-8cab-4f0de6450f97">Re: 2 movie reviews. Hunger Games and Battleship</a>:
    [QUOTE]the only real issue i had with the movie is the CGI monster demons, which probably translate so much better in a book.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]

that's something that they changed a bit from the books. i actually like the way that was done in the book vs. the movie.
  • Explosions do nothing for me.

Fights and robots are why I loved Real Steel.

Also, any sort of chase scene.  Not-so-good movie is Fallen.  AWESOME chase scene in it. 
  • WzzWzz member

Fallen is a movie too good to even mention in this sad thread.

• I liked Hunger Games, but never read the book. I'm sure I would like the book, but I have no plans in reading it.
  • WzzWzz member
    i have plans to read it, but no real plans on actually making sure i follow through with it.

battleship was stupid.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    I saw transformers II for explosions and whatnot.

Battlship would be a cheap theatre or rental and just for the ka-boom factor.
  • Battleship was terrible!
  • Read the book.

I read the whole series in a day and a half. But I'm a lit nerd so I read really fast and get slightly obsessed.
  • The Hunger Games books are really great. They aren't very long either (especially if you compare length with something like Harry Potter). If any of you don't mind or like to read, I definitely recommend reading them. Then go watch the movie again. It's sooo much better that way. :)

And I totally agree w/ PP about the muttz (mutations) creatures in teh movie were the biggest disappointment for me- in the book they were really terrifying, because they were these dog/wolf-like monsters made to have the actual faces of the dead tributes! Totally scary. But in the movie they were just big brute dog things. Still scary, but not as. 

All in all, definitely read the books for an even better experience. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards