New York-New York City

Picnic House vs. Governors Island vs. Battery Gardens -- any advice?

My first post -- hello!

We're narrowing down our venue choices, and as our top three are all available on our number-one date choice, I could really use some advice on factors (other than cost) to consider in our decision.  Here are the basic concepts:

Picnic House -- pretty, indoor & outdoor space, place for the kids to run around
Water Taxi Beach at Governors Island - laid-back beach party, outdoors (tents are only indoorish space)
Battery Gardens -- pretty, indoor & outdoor space, not so much space for kids to run around unless they leave; less DIY than Picnic House, I think

Prices, amazingly, seem to be similar, though we haven't really run all the numbers yet.

Would anyone who's considered (or used) any of these venues care to weigh in? 

Thanks!

Re: Picnic House vs. Governors Island vs. Battery Gardens -- any advice?

• edited December 2011
    Battery GArdens - rentals/tents, etc. with the other venues can drive up costs.
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Battery Garden TOMORROW (zomg)....it's not  a DIY place, it's a full service restaurant/catering hall.  But there really is nowhere for kids to run around.  The grass is the park is off limits unlike prospect park.
  • vagabondchikvagabondchik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, Lisalou!  I hope tomorrow is just perfect for you!  But thanks for the heads-up on the park being off limits...we may have as many as 50 kids (for a Sunday daytime event), so I think the Picnic House may end up being a better fit for us.

Thanks to you, too, CAEid...I like that bit of advice, even though the kid thing might end up trumping it for us.
  • amyedavamyedav member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Picnic house in April. i love that they have tables and chairs available for use inside. You do howwever have to pay for chair rental if you are having the ceremony outside. You cannot take the chairs from inside outside. But, it is still a great deal as rentals can be so expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards