California-Los Angeles

Beach Wedding Anyone?

Has anyone had or know anyone who has done a beach wedding?

FI and I would LOVE a beach wedding and I just wanted to know what direction I need to go.

TIA!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Beach Wedding Anyone?

• jwdeldottojwdeldotto member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Do you want one where you guys gonna be on the sand?  I know that you do not need a permit if you wanna have your ceremony at any of the city-owned beaches in Santa Monica...if it is under 100 ppl.  Basically, it's gonna be first come first serve.

We are having an beachfront wedding....not directly on the sand....so we do have to pay to rent the site. 

• RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jwdeldotto is right--you can't have a wedding on the beach if there's more than 100 people. But try the Annenberg Community Beach House (http://beachhouse.smgov.net/plan-your-event/photo-gallery.aspx). It's right on the beach. The only thing is that they don't (or didn't last year) book special events until 6 months in advance. So I can't tell you much about them ... but if you do find out, I'd be curious to know what you find out. =)
    Good luck!!! Happy planning.
  • edited December 2011
    The Long Beacu Museum of Art does weddings - the thing is, it's not DIRECTLY on the sand, but they have a gorgeous lawn overlooking the Ocean.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think Mandalay bay in Oxnard has beach weddings.  There's also Yellow Umbrella company in Ventura.  I just got married on the beach in Hawaii.  It was one of the best days of my life. Plus simple planning made it stress free.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jwdeldottojwdeldotto member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    RoMy215 - Annenberg beach house now books well in advance.  Their prices are not that cheap tho.  You can save alot of money if you go with an off-season date...basically after October. 

The other thing about Annenberg is that you can have your reception there too.  They have a pool house you can rent, you will need to use one of their approved caters. 

Hope it helps =)
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    edited December 2011
    @jwdeldotto- thanks for the info!! We used The Victorian, but I'm glad to hear that Annenberg is booking further in advance. I'll keep them in mind if I'm planning another big event.
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    We are looking to do the same thing -- have our ceremony right on the sand. We were looking for a nice local L.A. beach, but it seems like it will be hard to find??? We JUST started looking though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards