Snarky Brides

Unpopular Opinions

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• I get wanting to go back to simpler times, by being more self sufficient at home and using less and wasting less but to also go back to when we didnt have vaccines and people died constantly of really horrible illnesses just seems stupid to me. I dont GET that logic. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:56a26ee9-a664-45a6-acd7-bf42aaee6194">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : Can you elaborate how or why?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yep!  There is such a flaw with teachers unions (and unions in general).  They were created 100ish years ago to protect workers from unfair conditions.  But this was also a time where the media was close to nonexistent and people had a hard time standing up for their rights. Not to mention, it was not nearly as easy or common to sue back in the day.

Nowadays, with the media as widespread as it is, and as many lawyers as they are willing to help people, the purposes of the unions aren't really useful or necessary anymore.  I've seen, on more than one occasion, a teacher not be fired because the union protected them.  Said teacher had done things like verbally abusing students, stealing from the school, or lliterally refusing to teach now that they were tenured (so they couldn't be fired).  The unions fought for these teachers to keep their jobs each time.  Yet there are a ton of good teachres out there that can't get jobs because the ones that DO have a job aren't being held accountable for the job they are doing because the unions won't let any accounability roll.  People don't need unions in order to stand up for themselves anymore.
  • MY UO is that I agree with the dad who shot his daughter's computer. I'm sorry, shot HIS computer that his daughter was using, that he paid for and was about to buy batteries and accessories for after she demanded them. Disrespect me using MY stuff, and I'll do whatever I want with that stuff. Should he broadcast it to the world? No, but he originally posted it on her FB wall and it went viral. 

Manda had a bad habit of texting horrible things about me and J for a few weeks, and I ended that by taking MY phone back from her, breaking it in 1/2 and telling her to buy her own phone/plan by getting a job. She slammed MY door to her bedroom in my face a few times when she was out way past curfew, so I took it off the hinges. These were my things, and I did what I wanted to them after she used them to disrespect me. If that makes me a moron or a shitty parent, so be it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:8ac06f01-0154-4c79-a18a-0129fbca303f">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the argument that pops up a lot about insurance companies are sexist and that's why they cover Viagara but not birth control is stupid.  Viagara is used to treat a medical condition that people don't choose to have. Birth control is a choice people make (unless it's for non-contraceptive purposes).  I think it's great when insurance companies cover birth control and it is a smart choice for them to make, but I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison and I eye roll whenever I hear it.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you mentioned this. I hadn't given it a ton of thought, but kind of rolled my eyes at insurance companies for covering one and not the other. I didn't think of it like that at all, but now that you explain it, it does make sense to me and I won't roll my eyes about it anymore.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:3a2ade7c-b922-42cb-a2e2-50fa1a5e0c0d">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get wanting to go back to simpler times, by being more self sufficient at home and using less and wasting less<strong> but to also go back to when we didnt have vaccines and people died constantly of really horrible illnesses just seems stupid to me. I dont GET that logic. </strong>
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Same.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think we should go back to where there were fewer vaccines though.  Nowadays I've heard that kids get WAY more than I did back in the day.  Unfortunately I don't really follow how many they get now opposed to when I was a youngin.  However, if it is true I don't see why it's necessary to add a bunch more?  I mean, I survived just ok.  Also, I think the flu shot thing is bull... I've never gotten one and I haven't gotten the flu ::knocks on wood::</div>
  • I don't think it is that unpopular of an opinion bec if you check out the thread on E that unfolded. I feel like my UO is that I DISAGREE with it. hah. I find it completely immature and terrible parenting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:20a6e4b1-18ec-48b6-9ef4-16b7a5b5719f">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]MY UO is that I agree with the dad who shot his daughter's computer. I'm sorry, shot HIS computer that his daughter was using, that he paid for and was about to buy batteries and accessories for after she demanded them. Disrespect me using MY stuff, and I'll do whatever I want with that stuff. Should he broadcast it to the world? No, but he originally posted it on her FB wall and it went viral.  Manda had a bad habit of texting horrible things about me and J for a few weeks, and I ended that by taking MY phone back from her, breaking it in 1/2 and telling her to buy her own phone/plan by getting a job. She slammed MY door to her bedroom in my face a few times when she was out way past curfew, so I took it off the hinges. These were my things, and I did what I wanted to them after she used them to disrespect me. If that makes me a moron or a shitty parent, so be it. 
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]
    I honestly wish there were more parent in the world like you.
  • I think flat COL increases (we pay you X% more to cover cost of living increases like gas, milk, etc.) are bulldooky. Why is it that it costs me $200 extra to live in 2012 but it costs another person in the same job $3000 extra to live? And no, I don't think that it costs more to live the more money you have. Just because you can buy the $40k car doesn't mean you have to buy it, or the super expensive house, or go on a tropical vacation every year.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:8ac06f01-0154-4c79-a18a-0129fbca303f">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the argument that pops up a lot about insurance companies are sexist and that's why they cover Viagara but not birth control is stupid.  Viagara is used to treat a medical condition that people don't choose to have. Birth control is a choice people make (unless it's for non-contraceptive purposes).  I think it's great when insurance companies cover birth control and it is a smart choice for them to make, but I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison and I eye roll whenever I hear it.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 100%.
  • The difference Bec, is you did not do this in public.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:a28b1ab4-7eb7-42ea-bf85-e5917f5c9d92">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : Yep!  There is such a flaw with teachers unions (and unions in general).  They were created 100ish years ago to protect workers from unfair conditions.  But this was also a time where the media was close to nonexistent and people had a hard time standing up for their rights. Not to mention, it was not nearly as easy or common to sue back in the day. Nowadays, with the media as widespread as it is, and as many lawyers as they are willing to help people, the purposes of the unions aren't really useful or necessary anymore.  I've seen, on more than one occasion, a teacher not be fired because the union protected them.  Said teacher had done things like verbally abusing students, stealing from the school, or lliterally refusing to teach now that they were tenured (so they couldn't be fired).  The unions fought for these teachers to keep their jobs each time.  Yet there are a ton of good teachres out there that can't get jobs because the ones that DO have a job aren't being held accountable for the job they are doing because the unions won't let any accounability roll. <strong> People don't need unions in order to stand up for themselves anymore.</strong>
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This isn't entirely true.  A couple years back, teachers in my mom's county that were in the DROP program were being forced to go back to a starting teacher's salary if they didn't retire.  That meant cutting their salary in half out of nowhere.  These were GOOD teachers, some of the best teachers I'd ever had that didn't want to retire because they actually enjoyed being in the classroom.  The absolute only reason they weren't forced to go back to a starting teacher salary was because the union fought for them.  And they didn't just fight for teachers that were a part of the union, they fought for every single teacher that this affected.</div><div>
    </div><div>So there's my unpopular opinion.  I'm pro union.

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:d000d0e8-e52b-498b-85fe-25812ec8dc1a">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think flat COL increases (we pay you X% more to cover cost of living increases like gas, milk, etc.) are bulldooky. Why is it that it costs me $200 extra to live in 2012 but it costs another person in the same job $3000 extra to live? And no, I don't think that it costs more to live the more money you have. Just because you can buy the $40k car doesn't mean you have to buy it, or the super expensive house, or go on a tropical vacation every year.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>Are different people doing the same jobs getting a different % of COL?</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't read the whole thread, but my unpopular opinion is that I find a problem when girls claim that other girls don't like them or they can't make girlfriends or whatever.

I don't know how to clarify this without just sounding bitchy. For example, my SIL just "doesn't like" other girls and it bothers me because I feel like maybe it's just other girls who don't like her. I get that some girls are total nutjobs, but I think it's important to have a good girlfriend or two.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:0ce2bb61-421f-4d75-b235-28c2b33fb9ec">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have not fully decided yet but as of right now, I don't plan on breast feeding my children.  I also don't understand why this offends others or why people feel the need to lecture me on the benefits of breast feeding.  They are MY breasts gosh darnet, stop talking about them!
    Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]
    I don't plan on breasfeeding if I have a kid either. I think it sounds painful. I get that it's natural omg!!!1 but lots of stuff is natural, that doesn't make it particularly pleasant. I was bottle-fed and I turned out OK (well mostly OK haha). I have a few militant breastfeeding, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering, all-natural mom types as FB friends and they make me eyeroll so hard sometimes. To each their own, definitely, and if it works for you that's awesome. But people who are SO absolutely convinced in their own rightness always piss me off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:a710acb7-2279-4533-b3e1-bd3dab5110cf">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so sick of hearing how everyone should be "proud of their curves" and bashing on skinny people too. Yes there are different body types and not everone has to weigh 100 lbs, but being overweight and unhealthy is not something to be proud of. Being HEALTHY, yes, absolutely, but there are a lot of unhealthy people running around talking about how thinner people suck and expecting support for their unhealthy choices.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nothing makes you feel like crap more than someone telling you that you should be disgusted by your collarbone or hipbones showing. And oddly enough, for me, the more I hear that, the less I want to eat because it's depressing. Let people weigh what they weigh as long as they are happy and healthy.

Bec, I agree (obviously, though apparently that's very UO on the E thread).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:0ce2bb61-421f-4d75-b235-28c2b33fb9ec">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have not fully decided yet but as of right now, I don't plan on breast feeding my children.  I also don't understand why this offends others or why people feel the need to lecture me on the benefits of breast feeding.  They are MY breasts gosh darnet, stop talking about them!Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]

This is my feeling too Brill. I got some flak for not BF my son. But, guess what? He was a very healthy kid, so formula works too! God bless the ladies that do it, but it wasnt for me, and thats MY decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There was a really bad accident around here recently where a truck tboned a van full of farm workers and 11 people ended up dying. I saw an article today and it said the first responders were horrified by the amount of people pulling over and taking pics and videos. I think thats sickening and I think laws should be put in place that if you are caught doing something like that you would get a hefty fine. I cant even express how disrespectful I think it is to gawk and need to document for your own purposes someones death. Gross.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:a710acb7-2279-4533-b3e1-bd3dab5110cf">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so sick of hearing how everyone should be "proud of their curves" and bashing on skinny people too. Yes there are different body types and not everone has to weigh 100 lbs, but being overweight and unhealthy is not something to be proud of. Being HEALTHY, yes, absolutely, but there are a lot of unhealthy people running around talking about how thinner people suck and expecting support for their unhealthy choices.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

This too!  I weigh roughly 110 lbs and if you saw me in a bathing suit you would agree I could use to lose about ten pounds.  I'm only 5 feet tall but still!  People talk about being a size zero as a bad thing but honestly, when I eat right and stay active, a size zero is the natural and healthy size for me.  I hate when people act like thats a bad thing!  I just ate pizza for lunch...its not like I'm starving myself here.
  • I guess I read the disagreeing with the dad as being the UO because most people agreed with it but were just arguing with Fish about the details of what was ok or not ok about it. I honestly didn't even watch the part with the gun. I don't give a rats ass if he destroyed her shiit or not. I just think the video was completely ridiculous and unnecessary.
  • My UO is I love my teachers' union. And the 30 minute duty-free lunch they got for me. Which I am using to Knot.

My kind of popop is parents definitely need to take control of their kids.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:42a05feb-af97-4fec-b43c-60a1c706c87a">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : This isn't entirely true.  A couple years back, teachers in my mom's county that were in the DROP program were being forced to go back to a starting teacher's salary if they didn't retire.  That meant cutting their salary in half out of nowhere.  These were GOOD teachers, some of the best teachers I'd ever had that didn't want to retire because they actually enjoyed being in the classroom.  The absolute only reason they weren't forced to go back to a starting teacher salary was because the union fought for them.  And they didn't just fight for teachers that were a part of the union, they fought for every single teacher that this affected. So there's my unpopular opinion.  I'm pro union.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, because the teachers at my middle and high school in the DROP program were forced to retire early. Union didn't do crap for them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:bf5c5ba4-347c-41dd-a85f-30462203b779">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]There was a really bad accident around here recently where a truck tboned a van full of farm workers and 11 people ended up dying. I saw an article today and it said the first responders were horrified by the amount of people pulling over and taking pics and videos. I think thats sickening and I think laws should be put in place that if you are caught doing something like that you would get a hefty fine. I cant even express how disrespectful I think it is to gawk and need to document for your own purposes someones death. Gross.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this. Definitely. Especially because family members haven't been notified and not to mention, it's shitty that there is a dead picture of their family member floating around. </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:9c1d8ad7-f8f8-4045-b162-dddcbb1cb496">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't read the whole thread, but my unpopular opinion is that I find a problem when girls claim that other girls don't like them or they can't make girlfriends or whatever. I don't know how to clarify this without just sounding bitchy. For example, my SIL just "doesn't like" other girls and it bothers me because I feel like maybe it's just other girls who don't like her. I get that some girls are total nutjobs, but I think it's important to have a good girlfriend or two.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

<div>In general I find a lot of women to be obnoxious.  Mainly because in our circle,FI's friends have ridiculously clingy, and controlling girlfriends.  Yes that is none of my business but it just rubs me the wrong way so I am "friendly" with but not friends with a lot of them.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm probably just being a bitch but I really don't have patience for a lot of behavior.  Generally, I'm not catty and I am blunt and say things how they are and a lot of women I have come across are too sensitive for that.  Naturally, I don't have a lot of female friends.  BUT I do have a couple that are awesome and I love them to death.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:bf5c5ba4-347c-41dd-a85f-30462203b779">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]There was a really bad accident around here recently where a truck tboned a van full of farm workers and 11 people ended up dying. I saw an article today and it said the first responders were horrified by the amount of people pulling over and taking pics and videos. I think thats sickening and I think laws should be put in place that if you are caught doing something like that you would get a hefty fine. I cant even express how disrespectful I think it is to gawk and need to document for your own purposes someones death. Gross.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree. Those people need help, they do not need to be broadcast on youtube. Get out of the way.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:8ac06f01-0154-4c79-a18a-0129fbca303f">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>For a lot of women, birth control is used to control a medical condition they didn't choose to have (PCOS, etc). As a former employee of a self-insured Catholic institution, I saw first hand the embarrassment that a woman had to go through to get her BC pills covered by our insurance, because they were used to treat a horribly painful condition. She had to get a note from her doctor and give it to the Bishop so he could call the insurance administrator company and authorize her to have them EVERY 6 MONTHS. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd want to have to do that. </div><div>
    </div><div>So the argument may be apples to oranges for you, but its not for everyone. How would you feel if you had to approach your bishop and explain your girly part issues in detail? </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:42a05feb-af97-4fec-b43c-60a1c706c87a">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : This isn't entirely true.  A couple years back, teachers in my mom's county that were in the DROP program were being forced to go back to a starting teacher's salary if they didn't retire.  That meant cutting their salary in half out of nowhere.  These were GOOD teachers, some of the best teachers I'd ever had that didn't want to retire because they actually enjoyed being in the classroom.  The absolute only reason they weren't forced to go back to a starting teacher salary was because the union fought for them.  And they didn't just fight for teachers that were a part of the union, they fought for every single teacher that this affected. So there's my unpopular opinion.  I'm pro union.

<div>This was exactly what I was going to post. Teachers that have tenure and unions so that they cannot be fired for how long they have been teaching.</div><div>
    </div><div>Teachers, at least in Virginia, use a salary scale and every year, we moved up. Tenure was in place so that I couldn't be fired just for being a 7th year teacher when they needed to save money. They couldn't fire me to bring in a first year teacher. </div><div>
    </div><div>I agree Shay.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with him too, Bec.  Sure, involving a gun might have been a little extreme, but it was freaking hilarious.

Also, side note- she actually bought the computer with her 'own' money (probably money that was gifted to her though, since she doesn't have a job.)  If you go to the fb link at the beginning of the video, he explains more.  He also comes out and says that he has a really great daughter and he's really proud of her 95% of the time and that he realizes he overreacted, etc.  I actually respected him even more after reading his responses to people who were blasting him.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:42a05feb-af97-4fec-b43c-60a1c706c87a">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:

I stand corrected, and in situations like this, I can see the good that unions do.  I guess it's more that I dno't think unions should be able to fight for the jobs of people who don't deserve them.  But then of course the line has to be drawn of "how does one deserve a teaching job" and it gets messy.  I just don't get this general irrational fear people have of being evaluated every so often in order to keep their job.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:cbacf84e-daa1-4305-a5e9-461d20858b88">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : In general I find a lot of women to be obnoxious.  Mainly because in our circle,FI's friends have ridiculously clingy, and controlling girlfriends.  Yes that is none of my business but it just rubs me the wrong way so I am "friendly" with but not friends with a lot of them.   I'm probably just being a bitch but I really don't have patience for a lot of behavior.  Generally, I'm not catty and I am blunt and say things how they are and a lot of women I have come across are too sensitive for that.  Naturally, I don't have a lot of female friends.  BUT I do have a couple that are awesome and I love them to death.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

See, I choose not to be friends with catty girls, of course. But every girl should be able to find a good girlfriend, and I just think it's important to cherish those friendships.

I guess I just don't believe it when there are girls who say they can't keep girlfriends because they just don't like girls.
  • Along with nebbs, I think the papparazi should be illegal and they should go to jail or be heavily fined for harassment. I don't care for the argument that the celebrities bring it on themselves for choosing that lifestyle. It's a job, same as mine or yours, and if you (general you) go to the movies then you utilize that service. So why are you okay knowing these people are harassed for your pleasure? I mean, people talk about boycotting stores for the way they treat their workers, so why are celebrities different?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards