New York-Western

XP different bridesmaid dresses? Need your opinions!

I have a vision of my bridesmaids all wearing 4 different dresses, but the same color, strapless and around the same length. I think it will be really cute, especially since all girls have very different body types.

My mom and my sister (who is my MOH) thinks that the 4 dresses I picked are way to different and won't work well. Please let me know what you think!

if 2 of the pictures look weird it's because opened them in Paint and colored over with black to try to get an idea of what I want them to look like. My colors are royal purple with black accents. The long dress I would have altered to be knee length. The dresses are by bari jay and the color is passion.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP different bridesmaid dresses? Need your opinions!

• shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the only one that may not fit with the others is the last one.  OR  you could have your MOH wear the last one to make her a little different than the others.

I told my girls the color, length and fabric and they got to choose their own style.  Have your BMs tried on any of these dresses?  What do your other BMs besides your sister think? I would ask the others and say majority rules.
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I let my bridesmaids pick out their dresses. I gave them color,length and fabric as well. We got them from Alfred Angelo because there was store where they all lived, SC,DC, MA, and NY.  If it was me I would let them pick out the dresses based on what they like and what fits them. They will be much more comfortable in a dress that they picked out and like.

I attached a pic of my girls that day so you can see what they ended up choosing.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Hah...I tried this.  I told my girls a color, length, and fabric and sent them to David's Bridal (they all had one within 15 minutes of their houses...)  3 of the 4 came back with the same dress, so I asked the 4th to compromise!  The only thing she didn't like was that it was strapless, so I told her if she wanted to add spaghetti straps to hers, I was fine with that.

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Go to the DB website and you can do a "fake" bridal party and dress them.  See how a picture would look with the 4 different dresses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards