June 2012 Weddings

So...

2»

Re: So...

• edited February 2012
    Well we just got a puppy in December and he's pretty great. He's a German Shepherd and his name is Oakley.

I also have a Maltese/Silky Terrier mix named Emma got for my 18th birthday. She's living with my parents until we move to a place that let's us have 2 dogs.

But if I'm going to be honest, I still have another dream dog that I hope to get someday. It's a pomeranian. I sort of have a problem (by that I mean obsession) with small dogs. I don't know why. And I know they're typically yappy but I don't care. They're so fluffy!

Sorry for the overload of pictures. I love dogs!
  • Cassie, I love the pictures! FI kind of loathes small dogs, but I'm a small human, he's a small human, and together we will make even smaller humans so a HUGE dog is weird to me.  He says a girl golden will be smaller.  SCWT is medium, which I think is perfect.  He said I can have my SCWT though, I love him. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:48257d66-48eb-468d-a448-339207ba1833Post:642b4d7f-1bb8-45e8-90df-a60be565369e">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we go to FI's family's house I struggle.  They have a husky and papillion and the husky sheds like crazy.  I used to want a husky... I'm still getting used to the asthma thing.  I found out when I had to give up my beautiful angora rabbits because they were giving me crazy attacks.  
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>That's so sad! They are so cute! We had rabbits growing up too, but they were kept outside for the most part.</div>
  • Teep, it was heartbreaking.  We gave them to a VERY loving farm, with a family that has time and resources for them so I'm not worried.  They acclimated well, we are told. They were beautiful but shed like crazy (obviously) and we kept their wool in bags for someone who spins.  It was EVERYWHERE which obviously didn't help.  It got REALLY bad over the summer and after a million doctor appointments, we got the verdict.  We kept them inside at all times.  They would have "out time" for hours and just romp around and make mischief and messes.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:48257d66-48eb-468d-a448-339207ba1833Post:e9694190-dc92-4d63-9133-3cb7a4809806">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cassie, I love the pictures! FI kind of loathes small dogs, but I'm a small human, he's a small human, and together we will make even smaller humans so a HUGE dog is weird to me.  He says a girl golden will be smaller.  SCWT is medium, which I think is perfect.  He said I can have my SCWT though, I love him. :)
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

My Fi isn't the biggest fan of them either but then again, he is the one that bought me my maltese for my 18th birthday. He secretly loves her but he likes to pretend he hates her. Haha. But at least your FI is a good man and will let you get what you want :)
  • Yes Cassie, agreed! I'ts nice that they are reasonable.  :) He just also has to get his golden.  So we each have our "own" dog.  I need my own because I'll be jealous if my dog likes FI more, you know? But FBIL's dog LOVES me everytime I come over he says Shiloh your friend is here! and she lays with me on the couch for hours.  Love her.
  • I'm not really a dog person. If I had to get a dog it'd be a husky or rottweiler but I'd want to get it from a shelter because I'm against breeding. 

I will always have cats. I really want to rescue a blind cat but FI isn't completely sold on that
  • Lol love bridesmaids. Definitely a dog person. We have a boxer named Hannah. When we buy a house FI wants to buy her a great Dane friend and i will name him hagrid. Because great Danes are gentle giants so it makes me think of Harry potter. But if I could I definitely want a pig too!
    BabyFruit Ticker

•  

Molly is a border collie mixed with some kind of hunting dog. We got her from the SPCA almost 3 years ago and the kids love her to death. FH swears I spoil her, but he is as bad as the rest of us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • I have my dream dog as well :) I always wanted a Beagle and would probably get another Beagle if I were getting another dog. They are just the perfect size for me and sooo sweet:)

.... busted drinking Daddy's left over coffee!!! I should have been mad but it made me laugh when I came into the room and saw this!

If I were to get a breed other than a Beagle I would really like to rescue a pitbull.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards