Oregon

Want to get to know you!

Hey, I feel like this board is pretty slow and there has got to be some Oregon brides out there right?
Lets introduce ourselves!
Wedding date, colors, location, or anything else you want to share! I would love to know what other brides in the area are planning...

Re: Want to get to know you!

• edited December 2011
    Hi!

I'm an Oregon bride, to be married on October 16, 2010. Our colors are dark brown, burnt orange, and olive green, and we will be getting married in downtown Portland! I'm so excited, I can't wait! Oh, and our rehearsal dinner is at the Old Spaghetti Factory, which I totally recommend. Anyway, I hope more people respond to this, because I wish this board was more poppin'.
  • Carabear1985Carabear1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fellow Oregon bride here! :D

My wedding is Sept 17, 2011. It'll be late morning/early afternoon (we will be looking at venues in March, I hope to stay near Portland/Salem since that's where our families live). Wedding theme is Heaven on Earth (a Garden of Eden/Paradise type of thing...I don't know, I'm winging it). Our colors are chocolate, rose, tiffany blue and canary yellow (once again, Eden/Paradise theme so I decided to skip on typical fall colors, save for brown).
    Planning is slow, but we've got time and it's a lot of fun. Bridal party has been formed as well. I'm most nervous about the guest list and seating...that will be my biggest stressor once we find a venue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad that there is a bride with a wedding farther out than me. I'm getting married 9-10-11 and sometimes feel neurotic to be planning now. The ceremony and reception are going to be at Edgefield. The colors are brown, dark purple, and fuschia. 
    The theme is kind of mid summer night dream, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually use that. Decorations aren't that important to me. I'm thinking tree branches with small candles hanging down for the center pieces.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an OML (Old Married Lady) who drops in from time-to-time to bestow my wisdom and experience upon the brides-to-be :-)  The board was definitely hopping back in the day, so it's sad that it doesn't see as much action anymore.  I couldn't have planned my wedding without the advice I found here, and I met some amazing ladies during my planning process.  

We were married in May 2007 at Cornelius Pass Roadhouse.  We had pizza, a taco bar, and spontaneous karaoke at our reception.  It was defiinitely the best party I've ever thrown! 
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm loosely planning on August 2011 but depending on if I get an internship I want in Kentucky, I may push it to June 2011 or even early September 2010. I definitely want to get married outside in Astoria where I grew up (am in Corvallis now), and for now I'm liking the Flavel House garden. It's a Victorian mansion turned museum with a gorgeous (small- gives us an excuse not to invite a ton of people LOL) garden.

I definitely want sapphire blue for one of the colors and am thinking coral or orange for the other.

I'm a little bit offbeat, I want to make lots of little changes to make our wedding a little different. The biggest stressor for me is that my fiance and I want it to be completely secular but our families especially mine are religious. So that will cause some drama I'm sure but I'd rather elope than have a church wedding.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is July 30th, 2010 so its coming up fairly soon. We are getting married in my fathers backyard at a very small, late evening ceremony. Our ceremony and reception will be lit by candles all over the tables and hanging in the trees, and romantic string lights overhead. We will be serving heavy hors d'oeuvres, lots of desserts, and fun drinks like the peachy keen splash served at Red Robin (a favorite of ours). I'm starting to feel the pressure of making concrete decisions and getting things done. We have been engaged for over a year already, and its been so nice to have lots of time to daydream and play with ideas, but now its crunch time.

Piru- My colors are very similar to yours... im doing blue and orange in several coordinating shades. My fiance is actually the one who picked the colors.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls!

I'm getting married on July 23rd, 2011 at the Oregon Golf Course. Right now I'm just enjoying the planning stages and love that I have enough time. My colors will be chocolate brown and fushia, but I have really been thinking about incoporating a deep purple color but have questioned how it might look. Looking at one of the other girls post on here, she is incorporating all 3. Have any of you talked about a portland meet-up?
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm liking blue and orange because a) bright, unusual pairing and b) they have significance to us.

He calls me Bonnie-Blue because of my blue eyes. My engagement ring has sapphires in it.

Orange, because we met at Oregon State :D
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding date:  March 20, 2010 (22 days!)
    Colors: Black and ivory with pink and orange accents.

I'm in the last month of planning and I'm slightly stressed. I just can't wait for the day to finally be here and for all this nonsense to be over! My best advice to everyone: keep it simple
  • IALIAL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All
    Our wedding is August 29, 2010, which keeps getting closer and closer!
    We're also at the Oregon Golf Club
    Our colors are chocolate brown, orange and ivory.  We have most of our big details and vendors figured out, now its just assembling invitations and doing things like choosing our menu.  I'm in grad school and FI is in law school, so we're definitely busy with all this planning and studying!
  • anvloveskmeanvloveskme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am already married too but pop in from time to time - when I was planning this board seemed to be much busier and I got a lot of good advice!  We were married 09/04/09 in downtown Portland at the Crown Ballroom.  Our colors were black, white and apple green.  We had a Friday evening cocktail reception with the best appetizer stations (crab cake sliders, smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail, mashed potato bar).  It was everything we wanted!  Good luck with your planning.  :o)
  • edited December 2011
    I am a future Oregon bride. I say future because although I'm engaged and have been for a month I  haven't started planning yet because we don't have a date yet. But my colors are probably going to be in the purple and blue spectrum. Other then that I'm not sure about anything else but I'm glad to know there is a site that has awsome people to help me out. Thanks
    August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding in January 22, 2011!  We will be getting married in Cannon Beach (where we are lucky enough to live) at the Surfsand Resort.  Our colors are wine and hunter, with sand color accents.  We are having a starfish theme (they kinda look like snowflakes :) ) and are crazy enough to have a winter wedding!  Actually it's because we work in the Hospitality industry, so it is the slowest time of the year for us and we can actually take a honeymoon.  Yeah!  Good luck Oregon brides!
  • reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree we need to get this board hoppin more, I'll start poppin in more... :)

Date: 08-08-10
    Colors: Greens and white
    Theme: leaves, ferns, grass, Oregon, "natural"
    Venue: Horning's Hideout, reception back in portland
    guests invited: 300, eek
    craziness: total DIYing all my paper products
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!
    My wedding date is June 3, 2010! Just 3 months away! We are getting married at The Crown Ballroom in downtown Portland! 100 guests.. colors are a really light pale pink, dark pink, and white. i actually have pretty much everything done! just have to get the bridal party gifts and figure out where he and the groomsmen and me and the girls are gonna get ready AND am finishing making the invitations myself this week!

• edited December 2011
    Wow! I am so glad so many of you ladies responded! I am getting married May 30th, 2010 - just 89 days away!
    We are getting married at McMenamins Grand Lodge, colors are green, white and chocolate brown. We're trying to keep things pretty casual and simple - our vision is to have a party and celebrate our love.
    Having about 100 guests and a BBQ buffet. We pretty much have everything planned, just have to tie up those little details. I also have to get my bridal party gifts, send out invites and finish planning my decorations. 
    My bridal shower and bachelorette party invites were just sent out so I am getting really excited for both of those right now! 
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married 12 June 2010! Before our fancy night we are having a casual 'backyard' barbecue on the terrace of our high-rise apartment. We are getting married at our church Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in downtown Portland.  It will be the full wedding ceremony with communion.  The reception will be at the World Trade Center overlooking the Willamette River.  Our colors are Tiffany blue, silver, and white, simple, but I hope beautiful.

My dress is a custom Lee Ann Belter dress from Ania Collection store.  The bridesmaid dresses are Jenny Yoo from the English Department in her Robin's Egg blue color.  They guys are getting tuxes from Mr. Formal except for my fiance who has a great retro vintage tux we found! 

The invitations are from the Wedding Cottage out in Beaverton. Petrel (Petie) Chapman is the owner and spent tons of personal time with me. Our cake is from Whole Foods and the 'goom's cake' will be doughnuts from Voodoo Doughnuts. Our hydrangea flowers will be from Old Town Florist - Wendi Day is amazing. Our DJ is Z!TA a wonderful 'rave' DJ here in Portland. She will give us the traditional feel for the beginning of the night, but turn the place into a dance club for the end of the night.  And our favorite Jos Smith, the photographer is from The Photographers.  Their work is amazing - their hardcover collage books are custom and unlike anything we have seen before.

My fiance and I have made all the decisions ourselves and are sponsoring the whole event.  It sure has brought us together and shown us we can make this event happen and we can make our marriage work :) Good luck to eveyone and happy marriages!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!  My wedding date is October 8th 2011.  We are scouting locations currently so any reccommendations are welcome :)  We have alot of family that will be travelling in from out of state/country.  Our colors are very organic bamboo's, greens and white.  We haven't done too much in the planning area yet!  we are looking for an all in one location for our wedding and reception :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!
    Im from Washington, but getting married in Cannon Beach on Oct 2 ,2010. We are getting married on the beach at Hug Point and having our reception at the Community Hall.
    Our colors are white with pops of apple green and black damask. I was so excited for this board since im so far away. If anyone has tips for vendors or vacation homes in the area i would love to hear them. :)
  • fridaybyrdfridaybyrd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! My name is Sofia and we are renewing our vows on our 5th yr anniversary! Which means 2012...still a long way to go! We never had a big wedding (only a really small ceremony and that was about it)...So the hubb finally gave me the OK to start planning!! So since there's a long ways to go...there's nothing planed yet!

BTW: Congrats to you all!!!
  • lindseroolindseroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Piru we have almost the same colors!  And IAL you are getting married on my 21st birthday!  Partay!  Lol.

Anyway, we are getting married March 19, 2011.  Too far away, but what can ya do?

We are getting married in McMinnville, though both of our families are from Oregon.  We don't have a ceremony location yet, but have booked the reception at the McMinnville Grand Ballroom.

Our colors are orange, light blue, and deep purple (not the band...).  Sort of a weird combo, but we like it and that's all that matters!  I think it will come together nicely, even though it sounds interesting.

We don't have much else done yet.  We're almost to our "negative first anniversary" as FI calls it.  He's just trying to make me feel better about our long engagement, but I may try to get him to take me out to "celebrate" anyway ;)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • lindseroolindseroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I meant though both of our families are from ALBANY.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Erica and I'm getting married at a vineyard in McMinnville in September 2010.  I can't wait!  I would love to have a portland brides get together!!

Let me know! 
    E
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad we are getting the board back up and running. It has been slow for quite a while!
     My name is Erin we are getting married on August 21st, 2010
    We are getting married at my parents farm in the Viola valley which is between Estacada and Redland. We are having a casual sunflower themed wedding. Our colors are brown, blue and yellow. I am a DIY bride so I'm doing lots of project and we are trying to use our loved ones talents to pull our wedding together. Best mans mom is a baker so she is making our cake. MOH is a design students she is designing our invites. And some very talented friends are our photographers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BridePantsBridePants member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!
    Our wedding date is 7/9/11, it's going to be an outdoor wedding and we are deciding this weekend between a winery and our friend's property, both in the OC/Canby area. Our colors are dusty lilac, celadon green and cornflower blue. I am narrowing down the dress which has ended up inspiring a vintage theme that I want to run through everything else. I'm so glad to see the other 2011 brides on here planning, it makes me feel like I'm not crazy for planning this soon! I would LOVE a pdx brides get together, it would be so nice to have a fun day/night out to just relax, meet everyone else and swap ideas! And I agree, let's get this local chat board poppin'! Thanks for starting this, Tiff! :D
  • edited December 2011
    I am newer to TK, and was disappointed there weren't more posts.  Such a good idea!

I am getting married 10/16/10 in Bend, OR at the Tower Theater.  It's really going to be one big party!  We are the last of our group of friends to get married, so we decided to mix it up.  We are having a movie theme (ceremony is the movie, reception is the after party) and our colors are white, black, and sunflower yellow.  We have all our main planning done, now it's just about the details.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Holly! I just got engaged this past weekend, so we have barely any planning done! We are hoping for the wedding to be in September 2011, maybe around the 17th or 24th. I've always wanted an outdoor wedding so the earlier the better! Does anyone have any info/reviews on Sunriver Resort? It seems like a beautiful place to marry and it's also a placce that is special to me and my fiance. Thanks ladies and happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies...
    Getting hitched on June 5, 2010. Colors are cobalt, orange, silver and green. Ceremony at New Hope Community Church in Clackamas and reception at 4th Street Brewing Co in Gresham. We really wanted to do the whole thing out at The Grand Lodge, but just didn't have the money. We're very happy with what we found, now if I can just get my boy to make up his mind on what he wants his boys to wear we'll be golden...Oh yeh, and the cake. We tasted at Beaverton Bakery today, very yummy, but going to White Rose Bakery in Canby on Saturday also. This might just be my favorite part!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone,

We are getting married on July 17, 2010 at the Red Lion Jantzen Beach.  We are hopeful for nice weather because the plan is get married on the river deck.  The reception will follow at the hotel.  Our colors are guava, black and silver.  We are from Portland but currently live in Vegas so planning long distance.  Fortunately we are home in Portland every month or so for my job so we get most things done while we are there.  Our rehearsal dinner is at BJ's bar and grill for a fun laid back Pizza and Beer night with famly and friends.

We are super excited and have planned this fairly quickly since we were just engaged on Christmas Day 09.  My FI is very involved and a huge help with everything.  I am definitely looking forward to our honeymoon in Cancun.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey girls! I'm another 9/10/11 bride. Colors are gold and purple- almost a fuschia, but hopefully a little earthier. We're having an outdoor wedding but can't seem to find the right venue for his massive family and our limited budget. I do, however, have my gown purchased from Bridal Exclusives in Salem (totally recommend them) and should be getting it in a few weeks! I know, wayyy ahead of time...haha. We also have the bridesmaid dresses picked out and I feel like a miracle worker because all 7 of my bridesmaids have tried on a floor sample and love the dress!
    In the meantime, FH and I are going to school, saving money (like you can even do those two things at the same time, right?), and traveling when we can.
    I have hit my all time high weight and am desperate to get it off, but all my girlfriends that are potential workout buddies have schedules that don't mesh with mine :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards