Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can we make this the evening thread?

Re: Can we make this the evening thread?

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We had Brighthouse at the last rental.  It sucked so badly that we switched to Verizon when we moved.  Verizon is faster and hasn't crashed on me yet, but it is more expensive.

edit: Brighthouse is FL's version of Comcast.
  • Mrs Jesse - it just moved to Tuesdays starting this week, and this is the first new episode since... like early March I think.
  • I don't have any issues with holiday weekend weddings either.

J- I hope you're able to get everything straightened out with your bill.

Loopy- your new apartment sounds like a good fit for you guys.  I can't wait to get a new place (whenever that day gets here).
  • I don't mind holiday weddings (except for Christmas or Thanksgiving). My family isn't huge on any other holiday, so it's no big deal.
  • H and I plan a lot of our vacations around holidays so we can take less vacation time so I might be annoyed at a holiday weekend wedding (especially labor day) but we'd probably do vacation a different time to go to a wedding provided it was someone we were reasonably close to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:7caefd14-ef47-45d8-9ffb-70fbf3a92f22">Re:Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Can we make this the evening thread? : North Coast Music Festival.  It's all electronic, DJs and Hip Hop.  It's amazing and SO much fun.  And we have a great group that gets together each year for it. 
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

<div>I just looked at last year's lineup.  That looks like a pretty sweet festival.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:769527eb-e989-46e1-909f-321144431a86">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just saw that Western Sky loan commercial again. 116% interest rate. I just don't fucking get the desparation that would make someone do that.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

"Sure, the money's expensive, but you can have it right now."  Shame on those people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Um, WTF?  I just put on my Giants jersey and it smells like my cleaning lady. 

Again I ask, WTF?

• You know what your cleaning lady smells like? 

Mica, where did you guys have mediocre Mexican?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Chrmun - can you send your cleaning lady to Denver to clean my house?  She can wear my clothes if she really wants as long as she cleans well :).
  • Who doesn't sniff their cleaning lady?!

FI is super helpful.  He says, "Don't worry.  She was probably just rubbing it on her vagina."
  • LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Nice Chrmun... love that visual.

Mica - Sorry you had mediocre mexican.  I actually had quite good mexican last night.  I have to remember to take H there next time he's in town.  And I want to google to see if it's a local chain or only the one PITA location.

ETA only one location - I'll make H drive so he can deal with the parallel parking situation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:679bc023-1d9c-46ad-a9a2-97a44ec2090b">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get super stabby about people complaining about holiday weekend weddings. We chose our date (May 28) because it was available and not because I wanted to be the memorial day weekend ruiner. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  I hope our people didn't feel so put out for our Thanksgiving weekend wedding.  Due to H's school schedule, it was literally the only weekend we could come home until at least the following summer.

You can always decline.
    imageAnniversary
  • Adamar quoting on my phone sucks!, If you are into electronic/house/damnce music, check out Spring Awakening. I'm also going to that in June. Cannot wait. Oh and I'm going to Pitchfork. Ugh...too many festivals in Chicago.
  • Chihuahua Cafe.

I was just in my bedroom.  The maid was here today.  Apparently she was reorganizing things.  She reorganized my bedside table.  So now the chapstick, nail files and vibrator are all lined up nicely.  I'm mortified.
  • bahaha Mica!!! So she went INTO the drawer of the table? Or the vibe was hangin' out on the top of it?
  • eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:26eaf25b-666d-43f6-9e66-906b21cd59a3">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we make this the evening thread? : Cool thing is you don't have to go to the wedding if you would rather go to your better plans. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]
    I said I <strong>do</strong> go to the wedding. I get annoyed when I see the date, but it's only for a second. My friends/family mean more to me than a concert or a camping trip. <div>
    </div><div>My point was that having it on a holiday weekend doesn't make it "easier for everyone" like some couples believe. I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. It was just a general thought I had in response to Amy's post about missing a festival to attend a friend's wedding.</div>
  • Mica, that is awesome! Laughing
    imageAnniversary
  • Omg Mica! I'm laughing so hard right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:bb25cdaf-2988-49d5-9d84-426d8770a563">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chihuahua Cafe. I was just in my bedroom.  The maid was here today.  Apparently she was reorganizing things.  She reorganized my bedside table.  So now the chapstick, nail files and vibrator are all lined up nicely.  I'm mortified.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

OK, you win.
  • Ha.. the last time our best man (H's BFF) stayed at our house with the dog I put clean sheets on "our" bed as the other one was already packed and taken mostly apart and when I got home I realized I left my vibrator in the drawer next to the bed.  I hope he didn't go snooping... I packed it in a box rather than drive with it in my suitcase.  I hope it doesn't go off while H is moving our stuff.  Maybe I should have taken the batteries out of it... 
  • She went into the drawer.  When the house isn't too messy, she usually takes on a project or two of disorganized things, like my lingerie drawer or H's t shirt pile.  I usually keep the nightstand closed so that she won't see that I have a vibrator. 

I guess I have no secrets from my maid. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:df7c826c-72a6-4bcc-b86c-9bc14bc1d188">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we make this the evening thread? : I said I do go to the wedding. I get annoyed when I see the date, but it's only for a second. My friends/family mean more to me than a concert or a camping trip.  My point was that having it on a holiday weekend doesn't make it "easier for everyone" like some couples believe. I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. It was just a general thought I had in response to Amy's post about missing a festival to attend a friend's wedding.
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

Why'd ya get rid of the part where you called Rosie stabby?  That was my favorite.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Oh noes, Rosie is stabby! Careful, Rosie's H.

I'm very pleased that I chose to eat these strawberries for dinner.
  • Mica, FI also says to you, "Don't worry.  She was probably just rubbing it on her vagina."

And, with that, I'm out.  Go Giants!
  • LOL charmin. Love your FI.

I'm watching Biggest Loser. I want to go on this show really badly. Not to lose crazy amounts of weight, but to get 16 free weeks of crazy insane personal training.
  • I've always wanted to be on a mini-Biggest Loser where our goal was to lose those last 10 pounds or some smaller amount. And I love Bob.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel a little out of the club because I don't own a vibrator, or have a maid. I want a maid so bad, but since I work so little I doubt my H would go for that.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:95177c4d-5d2d-4ded-8ee9-3b1377f4b0d3">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>I feel a little out of the club because I don't own a vibrato</strong>r, or have a maid. I want a maid so bad, but since I work so little I doubt my H would go for that.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

This is easily fixable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:95177c4d-5d2d-4ded-8ee9-3b1377f4b0d3">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel a little out of the club because I don't own a vibrator, or have a maid. I want a <strong>vibrator</strong> so bad, but since I work so little I doubt my H would go for that.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

FTFY.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards