New York-Upstate

Rochester Reception Venue Help!!!!

My fiance and I have been struggling to find a venue. We have looked at 9 places, and none of them have "Wow"ed me except the Irondequoit Country Club. Unfortunately, it's just too much money for us. Right now we have Cobblestone Creek Country Club, Ridgemont Country Club, and the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa in our top 3. Has anyone had/gone to a reception at any of these venues? Which would you recommend? Good things, bad things, ANY thing to help us make a choice would be appreciated! :)

Re: Rochester Reception Venue Help!!!!

• burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we went to a wedding at Woodcliff and can vouch that is it great!
    Burt and Cheryl
  • jse0347jse0347 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Rochester Science Museum and the price is very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011

I have been to a wedding at the Woodcliff.  It was very nice. Did you try Casa Larga?  That is a great place too.

• CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend went to one at Cobblestone a few weeks ago. She said the food was really good. I've been to the Woodcliff a bunch of times (but never for a wedding), and I have always enjoyed it. Have you looked at Eagle Vale or Webster Golf Club? Haven't been either place myself, but I've heard good things (well, about Eagle Vale...I think Webster is pretty new in the wedding world) and the information I have gotten from them at bridal shows says that they are very reasonably priced.
  • ckcavalierckcavalier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to add as well Webster Golf club recently remodeled  the inside and outside. I heard it was beautiful the pictures on the internet haven't been updated. does you're place have to be at  golf course setting?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try carey lake

www.careylake.com
    Burt and Cheryl
  • edited December 2011
    we are going to The Belhurst ..pricey and we hope worth it.. we fell in love..

JUST PRIOR to checking Belhurst out we went to check out Magnolia at Wildwood.

Loved it:  very pretty interior.  The outside is not shabby.  It's a country club on a  golf course.  the inside has been redone. the light fixtures are really pretty (crystal chandelier).  The food is by Magnolias (same owner of the cafe on Park Ave..very good food at the cafe)  the woman was really nice.  The prices were amazing -$9.00 open bar per person for 3 hours -beer, wine, soda..more for premium etc

Photos on the golf course..apparently there is some very nice spots.  A wrap around balcony.  lots of windows and light. It was nice.  The woman seemed very helpful and flexible.

If we hadn't fallen in love with Belhurst and decided to find a way to make it work..we would've gone with Magnolias.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards