Snarky Brides

Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)

2»

Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feeling-sorry-myself-tonight-long-ranty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83a7052c-1297-42b1-a674-0998f94ecfa5Post:ed978a5b-6f1d-4095-8d00-bffe8bcea7ae">Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty) : Sorry, but I do not think Miss Kim's attitude towards the OP is justifed in the name of "snarkiness". Neither is a lot of stuff you see on these boards Snarky and others. Kim's criticisms have been, frankly B.S. for the most part and she has gotten called on ragging on someone just to rag. That is not snarky. That is just plain snotty and rude. Snark is a well deserved criticism stated in a forthright way. Notice I say "forthright"-which is not the same as hostile. I see a lot of plain hostile on these baords sometimes, and it is petty and idiotic. We are all out of high school so let's stop playing the high school mean girls.
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

This. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feeling-sorry-myself-tonight-long-ranty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:83a7052c-1297-42b1-a674-0998f94ecfa5Post:c838661f-40e1-4f2f-a16d-0715bf553770">Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)</a>:
    [QUOTE]When did this board become Whiny Brides?  Talk to your mom and tell her you don't want to share your wedding day.  If the BM dress doesn't arrive, just don't replace the BM.  There.  Problems solved. Kim and Mery, well said.
    Posted by lisarose7[/QUOTE]

<div>You can't just tell your mom-or anyone else what social function they will or will not be hosting. The OP's mom is not the cooperative type, at least not with the OP if you read the post. Now, as others have said you can't control what mom chooses to do-you can tell her what you feel and carry on with your wedding, but I personally would be pissed and I think the majority of people-being honest-would be too.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, it sucks when a member of your wedding party drops out, I think most people would not be real happy with that.</div><div>
    </div><div>The definition of "whiny" is not when you complain about about legit problems and are justifiably upset. "Whiny", much like "drama" is quickly becoming one of the most overused words in the language - favored greatly by those who are generally hostile and bitchy and as is so often the case around here, hiding behind "snarky".</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feeling-sorry-myself-tonight-long-ranty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83a7052c-1297-42b1-a674-0998f94ecfa5Post:1bd8cb09-5427-47fa-9b62-8ffc2753504a">Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty) : You can't just tell your mom-or anyone else what social function they will or will not be hosting. The OP's mom is not the cooperative type, at least not with the OP if you read the post. Now, as others have said you can't control what mom chooses to do-you can tell her what you feel and carry on with your wedding, but I personally would be pissed and I think the majority of people-being honest-would be too. Also, it sucks when a member of your wedding party drops out, I think most people would not be real happy with that. The definition of "whiny" is not when you complain about about legit problems and are justifiably upset. "Whiny", much like "drama" is quickly becoming one of the most overused words in the language - favored greatly by those who are generally hostile and bitchy and as is so often the case around here, hiding behind "snarky".

^^^^^

Lenore can we be friends??? :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feeling-sorry-myself-tonight-long-ranty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:83a7052c-1297-42b1-a674-0998f94ecfa5Post:b104457b-f572-4531-9ff3-2dd1a74d10cc">Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty) :   ^^^^^ Lenore can we be friends??? :)
    Posted by nackiejichole[/QUOTE]

<div>Absolutely! :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feeling-sorry-myself-tonight-long-ranty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:83a7052c-1297-42b1-a674-0998f94ecfa5Post:b104457b-f572-4531-9ff3-2dd1a74d10cc">Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty) :   ^^^^^ Lenore can we be friends??? :)
    Posted by nackiejichole[/QUOTE]
    I ditto this! There are so many sweet people on the boards who make you feel better when the stress kicks in!...

About some of the things mentioned, I'm sure on some things I overreact or don't know the perfect etiquette things, but I don't think it's rude to ask one of my other dear friends to step in and if they resent me for it, I hope they would speak up so I would only have people who are actually happy as part of my wedding, not someone who is bitter.  My friends know who was chosen first and the reasoning behind it. They are all dear, sweet friends, I treasure all of them, and they know it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feeling-sorry-myself-tonight-long-ranty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83a7052c-1297-42b1-a674-0998f94ecfa5Post:1bd8cb09-5427-47fa-9b62-8ffc2753504a">Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeling sorry for myself tonight (long and ranty) : You can't just tell your mom-or anyone else what social function they will or will not be hosting. The OP's mom is not the cooperative type, at least not with the OP if you read the post. Now, as others have said you can't control what mom chooses to do-you can tell her what you feel and carry on with your wedding, but I personally would be pissed and I think the majority of people-being honest-would be too. Also, it sucks when a member of your wedding party drops out, I think most people would not be real happy with that. The definition of "whiny" is not when you complain about about legit problems and are justifiably upset. "Whiny", much like "drama" is quickly becoming one of the most overused words in the language - favored greatly by those who are generally hostile and bitchy and as is so often the case around here, hiding behind "snarky".

I agree...you can't tell others what social functions they may or may not host.  You can, however express your feelings...which she should have done.  It may not have made a difference, but it would have been better than keeping it inside and complaining about it to people who can't help.  THAT is why I said she was whining.  Instead of talking to the people who were bothering her, she was throwing a "pitty party" (should be "pity" but I'll let that one slide) for herself.  If I was doing that, I'd expect people to tell me to quit whining and do something about it.  There seems to be a lot of that going around on this board lately...

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Ok Kim since everyone is attacking you, I will defend you. I hear what your saying.
    It's not only the BRIDES day, but it's her FIANCE's day too! (which I think you made obvious when you pointed out she didn't mention her fiance).

To the original poster, I can understand your frusteration. and your allowed to be frustrated. I think possibly your mom and you were on different pages. I do think you should talk to your sister about it though. Because if your sister vito's the idea right away, your mom will have no choice but to as well.

I think your mom's heart is in the right place. Yes you are getting married, and your sister is having a baby. Both are tremendous milestones in your lifes. and while you are experienceing one and your sister the other, you are BOTH your mothers daughters. So she is experiencing the excitement from both. I had a pregnancy scare 8 months before my sisters wedding. My mom got upset by and said some not so nice things, and I hung up on her (Actually I said, Mom I love you but that was rude and uncalled for. I con't talk to you right now - then I hung up). THen I called my sister and told her what had happened. My sister called my mom, and needless to say, my mom changed her tone and apologized to me. Turned out I wasn't pregnant, but It was nice to know that my sister had my back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards