Snarky Brides

Good morning

Good morning!  It's dead around here.

I'm just trying to make it through this week because we leave for the beach on Saturday.  BF is coming with, which I'm sure will be interesting.  The weather here was perfect yesterday and I think it's supposed to be similar today, so that certainly makes the wait easier.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

Re: Good morning

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im in a great mood today. I had a decent sleep though I woke up still tired, and adam got an email from work saying hes getting a year end bonus which could NOT come at a better time. Ive been so stressed about this vet stuff and our trip in 6 weeks because it was going to be tight affording both, but now all is good.

We gave the dog a bath lastnight, which he HATES and he was being so damn cute and the second we had him dried off a bit and out of the tub he went freaking mental, kept trying to steal the towel, running around batshitcrazy and skuttling. We really only gave him a bath to watch him do that because it makes us laugh so hard. When he settled down he came and laid on the couch with me with a toy and was being all sucky. I love that dude.
  • Good morning!  Jealous of your beach trip!  I keep telling H we need to go for the day, ya' know when it isn't pouring outside.

I found out yesterday that we got season football tickets and I am so excited about it!  I'm so ready for football season.  That coupled with the awesome run I had yesterday made for a pretty great day.  I used to hate running but it's becoming something I really look forward to.

Today will be pretty boring.  Rain all day + a dimly lit office = all I wanna do is sleep
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Morning guys!

I'm finally home from traveling this weekend- thank god. I slept like shhit last night but at least it was in my own bed.

How funny is this- the bump board for my month is doing a superlatives voting thing. I haven't posted there in a month or two but apparently someone nominated me for most dramatic. Haha. I think it's because when people used to post that they were crying because they didn't have cheesecake, I would call them out. I didn't realize being honest meant being dramatic. I'm losing though. I only have 8% of the votes. Aw, shucks. Wink

Smash- The beach sounds so great right now! I hope you have a good time!

Nebb- That kicks ass about the bonus. I'm sure that must feel really good to not have to worry about what you were worrying about anymore!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Nebb, I love giving Sebastian a bath just because I enjoy seeing how he acts after it's over.  He does laps around the house and acts like a little crazy man.  Then he conks out.  It's hilarious.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nebb that made me think of this comic from the Oatmeal. 

I'm in a funk this morning. My weight loss has stopped and it's at least partly due to the fact that I haven't been going to the gym. I'm active in other ways but time has just been tight. Unfortunately this is the pity party kind of funk, not the motivating kind. 

I tried to talk myself into going today but since FH is on nights that would mean not seeing him at all. He will be gone for 3 weeks next month so that will give me more time to work out and I'll eat better. Hopefully I will at least do a JM video tonight. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning, we were supposed to get strong storms last night and got nada.  I'm going to have to start watering the garden.  I hope it survives our trip next week. 

• Morning! Hike, I definitely don't ever see you being dramatic!

My puppy needs a bath too. He hates it and ignores us the rest of the night after a bath cuz he just likes to be a jerk sometimes.

Meetings, trainings, etc today and then working on a baby shower sign for this weekend after work.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good morning, ladies.

What did I miss??  Congrats, Chels!  And DMills baby GIRL!

The Waldo Canyon fire is about 25 miles away.  We can smell the smoke and see the glow.  We aren't in danger, but have friends who have been evacuated.  The whole damn state is on fire, with more than half of the nation's firefighting resources here now.  And, it's supposed to be over 90* all week, dry and windy, with little to no chance for rain.  Any T&P or vibes you can spare for the firefighters and evacuees would be appreciated.  Also, many of the current fires are strongly suspected to be arson.  Those asswholes need to be shut in a wooden shack and set on fire themselves.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning. it's still raining here. H is pissed because it's screwing up his work schedule so I'm pretty sure he's just going to work in the rain today. So, he'll be nice and grumpy tonight.

We saw The Avengers last night. It was awesome and I want to see it again. Mostly to watch Thor, and Thor's arms.
  • Oh, Sesh.  Thor's arms.  aaaahhhhhh. 

Please to be sending your rain this way, Florida ladies.  kthanx.
  • DMills- I didn't see your post, but congrats. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • jcb - could you possibly be available for lunch or something on Saturday??
  • It smells like a sewer in here. WTF, nasty. This is the worst work building ever. If it's not making you sneeze, it smells like a bathroom.

I wish I could send you some rain, les. I know how much the fires suck and I'm definitely hoping for the best. I freaking hate those people with such passion. So many of our fires here start because of arson. Assholes.

And, I was a little annoyed that Iron Man got so much screentime because while I like him, I wanted just Thor. When he landed on the plane and grabbed his brother, it was like magic on the screen.
  • Les- I wish I could send you some rain. Those fires sound so terrible. I hope they catch whoever did it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We're flexible on timing (I'm traveling with DD1).  I can meet anytime that works for you.
  • Morning! First and foremost since I haven't been around much.... Congrats Chels! This past weekend I spent my time driving about 18 hours half on Fri and half Sun. It was worth it though to give my grandmother a surprise bday party. Other than that I'm still tired. FI worked crazy hours this weekend so I came home to a house in shambles and I have still yet to do laundry before we are busy again this weekend. Between that and my experiments sucking, I am so tired. Forget tired, more like exhausted with a side of bitchtasticness.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:381b1159-aa93-416f-8125-d1cba9a30426">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im in a great mood today. I had a decent sleep though I woke up still tired, and adam got an email from work saying hes getting a year end bonus which could NOT come at a better time. Ive been so stressed about this vet stuff and our trip in 6 weeks because it was going to be tight affording both, but now all is good. <strong>We gave the dog a bath lastnight, which he HATES and he was being so damn cute and the second we had him dried off a bit and out of the tub he went freaking mental, kept trying to steal the towel, running around batshitcrazy and skuttling. We really only gave him a bath to watch him do that because it makes us laugh so hard.</strong> When he settled down he came and laid on the couch with me with a toy and was being all sucky. I love that dude.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>My dog does this too!  After her shower she runs around the house all crazy and tries to rub off the soap smell or something all over the carpets.  </div>
  • Sesh- your Thor love is cracking me up. Mainly because I felt the exact same way, especially about the Avengers movie. 

Morning! IS THIS WEEK OVER YET? I swear whenever I have vacation coming up it takes forever to get here. I just want to be at the lake!! I am also going to try some golfing with H in the privacy of his parents place next week. I have never done it so I just don't feel comfortable in front of other people trying to learn. If I could at least hit the ball I wouldn't feel so bad.

I love giving Finley baths. He actually doesn't mind it, and he is hilarious afterwards. and then he is super soft. 
  • Morning everyone! I'm back to work today. Boo.  There are two people gone on my old team, so they have me over there instead. I hate working on this team.

DJ, how was your u/s yesterday???
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:8391427c-713f-44d0-845c-1a8dceaddce6">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning, ladies. What did I miss??  Congrats, Chels!  And DMills baby GIRL! The Waldo Canyon fire is about 25 miles away.  We can smell the smoke and see the glow.  We aren't in danger, but have friends who have been evacuated.  The whole damn state is on fire, with more than half of the nation's firefighting resources here now.  And, it's supposed to be over 90* all week, dry and windy, with little to no chance for rain.  Any T&P or vibes you can spare for the firefighters and evacuees would be appreciated.  Also, many of the current fires are strongly suspected to be arson.  Those asswholes need to be shut in a wooden shack and set on fire themselves.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Les- My dad's been listening to the police/fire scanner (he lives about 25 miles west of the fire) and there were several fires set yesterday in their neck of the woods.  A woman in a blue Subaru was spotted near one of the fires.  She is definitely a person of interest, car is registered in Canon City.  She was spotted wandering around a few different cul-de-sacs in the area.  The general concensus is that the cops better get her before the homeowners do.

Gonna be over 100 again today.  Something like the 5th day in a row.  We're not used to this sort of heat.  Here's hoping that FL dries out and CO gets rain.

I want to go back to bed.  Last night was a combination of not sleeping well and then crazy dreams once I did sleep.  Bleh.  Hope I stay awake all day today.  Happy day all!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:bef65865-72cb-4488-9df0-39a92fef5720">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning : I used to feel that way, too.  Then I started looking around and noticing that most golfers are really hackers.  Seriously.  I thought everyone on the course would be so AWESOME but, no.  No, they're not.  And when you're on the driving range, people really aren't watching you either b/c they're hitting their own balls.  So lady, get yourself to a range!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is what H is telling me- lots of people suck on the course. I just want to take some time at his parents to try it on my own next week and then we were going to maybe try a golf course up north as well during the week. </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    My coirker makes me cringe. We have a room we keep locked at night and only I have keys and she just came up and asked if the room was "lockiepood". She also regularly informs me when she goes for lunch that she is going for a "walkiepoo". I don't know if she realizes how absolutely ridiculous that makes her sound.
  • Good morning! 

Slept so good last night.  FI and I switched sides of the bed for the night, which we randomly do sometimes.  I think I sleep better on his side.  

I really need to cook tonight.  I've been bad about actually cooking dinner lately and we've been going out a lot.  I told FI to invite his parents over because that will force me to cook.  I'll invite my parents if they can't come tonight.

My foster sister (4) has been wanting so spend so much time with me lately.  I'm okay with that because she's so freaking cute and easy to take care of.  She's also growing more attached to FI, which has taken her over two years to do.  Its looking like my parents are going to get permanent placement so I'm happy about that too.

• Good morning.  I'm a little on edge today because it is our turn to host the board meeting in our office. I work for the majority of the people on a daily basis, but when we get them all together, I get nervous for some reason.

I got some awesome news from our photographer- she is shooting for 11 hours at the wedding and bringing in a second shooter.  For what we paid her, I can NOT believe she is doing that. 
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:bef65865-72cb-4488-9df0-39a92fef5720">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning : I used to feel that way, too.  Then I started looking around and noticing that most golfers are really hackers.  Seriously.  I thought everyone on the course would be so AWESOME but, no.  No, they're not.  <strong>And when you're on the driving range, people really aren't watching you either b/c they're hitting their own balls.</strong> So lady, get yourself to a range!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>False. I'M watching you.  I'm one of those people that is creeping on the driving range.  i watch more experienced people to see if I can pick up any pointers.</div><div>
    </div><div>But seriously, I noticed it yesterday.  As a golf hack, I was a bit shocked to realize that most of the other people on the course were WAY worse than I.  Which is pretty impressive since I wasted 4 damn shots on the green on a par 3.  *sigh*  The guy in front of us looked like he was swearing up a storm as he landed in every single sand trap.</div>
  • Good morning! The weather has been so crazy here, it got down to the 40s last night.  At least it has been cool enough to go walk/jog in the evenings.  I have a pile of folders on my desk that I should probably be going through, but I have about zero motivation today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nebb, you should ask coirker why she's always talking about poo.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Morning all.  It's gorgeous here today after the crazy t-storms yesterday, which took out our deck furniture.  Luckily nothing was destroyed, just blown around. 

Still no A/C.  I have a sneaking suspicion it needs to be completely replaced and our cheap-ass landlord is going to cry poverty.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:8cfdeddb-3715-4e79-a4b9-d9c0122ed8b2">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]My coirker makes me cringe. We have a room we keep locked at night and only I have keys and she just came up and asked if the room was <strong>"lockiepood".</strong> She also regularly informs me when she goes for lunch that she is going for a <strong>"walkiepoo".</strong> I don't know if she realizes how absolutely ridiculous that makes her sound.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

What thse hell is that? Is she talking to a child? I think I would record her and find a way to play it and show her how stupid she sounds. Does she tell you when she's taking a poo as well?

I've been watching the coverage on the fires, I cant even imagine. Stay safe out there!

Counting down the days, H gets back on Friday afternoon. I love that he called me on the way to work to wish me a happy birthday, my bday isnt till Thursday. And he sent me flowers. He said he's being proactive, ha! Goofy man.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Aw, kd that's so sweet! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards