Snarky Brides
Options

AATB post 2

Re: AATB post 2

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:f30a2ac9-721e-47d9-8b27-f1f60e0a19cc">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]But I think you were. It was really awesome when we all started posting over here. There was a great mix of newbs, "pilgrims", and crazies. Maybe it was the newness and that we were all getting to know eachother?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, I think I was still in lurky mode at that point, but I get what you mean. I get both sides of it somewhat, but I have no way of fixing it, so I just hang out, talk to the people I like and try to be funny. </div>
  • Options
    If SB was a can of Proportion Coke, we'd all be blown 3 miles out of it right now.
  • Options
    katiewhompuskatiewhompus member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I think we've just left the honeymoon phase of the new SB dynamic and don't really know what to do with ourselves. That's all I've got to contribute tonight until I get food in my belly.
  • Options
    I'm not annoyed at a group of people. I get annoyed with certain things and then I talk about it right then.
  • Options
    I think I actually agree with Cew now. This is clearly a bit out of control. I know I totally contributed there.

This board shouldn't be puppies and rainbows but there is a weird vibe lately. maybe its getting to everyone.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:a75055ec-ebb4-478a-bcc4-3e5dba042085">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we've just left the honeymoon phase of the new SB dynamic and don't really know what to do with ourselves. That's all I've got to contribute tonight until I get food in my.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

You know what? I think you're right.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:c46c84ea-374e-44d1-9960-76dae9003c13">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]If SB was a can of Proportion Coke, we'd all be blown 3 miles out of it right now.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

<div>I would if proportion coke would taste good, or if I just think it'll be the BEST THING EVER.</div>
  • Options
    Maybe the newer regs are feeling a bit unsure / protective of their status and have a sense of solidarity so if one of them is called out, they all feel called out?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:c9be1307-1482-4848-915a-270b8b486f21">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kind of get what you are saying. I remember, during a lull, old regs on E complaining about it being boring and different. I also remember taking it personally for a while until I realized that I wasn't making it boring. I might have been a part of the boringness as a whole, but so were they. We were all boring.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I agree with this as well. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:8923a142-8d55-451f-b62d-7178af7caedf">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not annoyed at a group of people. I get annoyed with certain things and then I talk about it right then.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Oh I know that.  I wasnt talking about you specifically.  Just my take on it.  Im the same way, if it annoys me I say it. 

Bec is right about the Coke.....
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:a189d8ab-3702-4fea-85f1-c988ee2bdcaf">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I actually agree with Cew now. Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

I'm going to needlepoint this onto an oven mit and send it to you for Christmas.
  • Options
    Eh, I think we've hit the point where most of us know a lot about everyone else which limits threads. A few months ago we would have jumped all over the polls, or "tell me about your day" threads and now it's just repetitive. We need some scandals to make new material. I will start one now!
  • Options
    I feel like a dumbass beause I have no idea what proportion coke is.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:572de8f6-e399-4d13-a519-26b75acf5ef0">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe the newer regs are feeling a bit unsure / protective of their status and have a sense of solidarity so if one of them is called out, they all feel called out?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Just call me a lemming, because i'm going to do exactly what I just said I feel like everyone else does and keep quoting you and agreeing. 

I need a crate for my hippo.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:572de8f6-e399-4d13-a519-26b75acf5ef0">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe the newer regs are feeling a bit unsure / protective of their status and have a sense of solidarity so if one of them is called out, they all feel called out?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Possibly.

Or maybe we are not used to newer people having so many others get their back when it happens that we get even more defensive and things get ridiculous?

Again I dont know, I just feel like there is a division happening and i dont like it.  I also feel like people are making it a point to put others in their place.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can I throw something out there that I may be flamed for? I know it is not intended, but sometimes I think that some new people may not hang around because it seems like there is a "cool kids club" that, albeit unintentionally, shuts people out. In the last few weeks, there has been a lot of posting about FB groups, offboard chats, SS, etc. I am not saying that any of the above are bad things. But new people may feel like they are excluded, especially when it is easy to see that there is lot of stuff going on off the board that they are not a part of.

Once again, I am not saying that all of the above are bad things at all. I know a lot of people have formed friendships IRL that would continue if TK shut down tomorrow. I'm just saying that this may not make some newbs (or even those on the newb/reg borderline) feel welcome because they feel a little shut out, even if it is done unintentionally.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:3ca74e4a-d70b-4cbd-a0bc-9d828e5ba076">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, I think we've hit the point where most of us know a lot about everyone else which limits threads. A few months ago we would have jumped all over the polls, or "tell me about your day" threads and now it's just repetitive. <strong>We need some scandals to make new material.</strong> I will start one now!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

So if I told you that I went to Vegas for my b-party and got drugged and woke up in the morning with a baby, a tiger, married to a stripper, missing a person, and no idea how it all happened, we'd have something to talk about? 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:b011f500-21ea-4a79-9514-a16ff7bb8ade">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : I'm going to needlepoint this onto an oven mit and send it to you for Christmas.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>bring it. I can't guarantee that those words won't accidently burn off.. :)</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:f7225488-9408-4d6b-8f9e-2270bd553647">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : So if I told you that I went to Vegas for my b-party and got drugged and woke up in the morning with a baby, a tiger, married to a stripper, missing a person, and no idea how it all happened, we'd have something to talk about? 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yes! Make that happen please :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:1c538708-acf4-4279-9d0b-829b1b574f01">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I throw something out there that I may be flamed for? I know it is not intended, but sometimes I think that some new people may not hang around because it seems like there is a "cool kids club" that, albeit unintentionally, shuts people out. In the last few weeks, there has been a lot of posting about FB groups, offboard chats, SS, etc. I am not saying that any of the above are bad things. But new people may feel like they are excluded, especially when it is easy to see that there is lot of stuff going on off the board that they are not a part of. Once again, I am not saying that all of the above are bad things at all. I know a lot of people have formed friendships IRL that would continue if TK shut down tomorrow. I'm just saying that this may not make some newbs (or even those on the newb/reg borderline) feel welcome because they feel a little shut out, even if it is done unintentionally.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

I won't flame you for this.  I do think that happens.  But I'm also a non-participator in most of those things.  I have FB friends from back in my P&E days, but I've added very few people from SB that I wasn't already friends with.  I also talk to many, many of them off-TK, on a daily basis.  I wish newer posters didn't feel that way, because it's taking me a long itme to forge these friendships, and call me crazy, but those ladies that I talk to daily or near daily are some of my best friends.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:09056627-260e-4f84-a43f-9c3eb51cd27a">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : Possibly. Or maybe we are not used to newer people having so many others get their back when it happens that we get even more defensive and things get ridiculous? Again I dont know, I just feel like there is a division happening and i dont like it.  I also feel like people are making it a point to put others in their place.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

But who is being defensive? We are just talking about it. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:f7225488-9408-4d6b-8f9e-2270bd553647">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : So if I told you that I went to Vegas for my b-party and got drugged and woke up in the morning with a baby, a tiger, married to a stripper, missing a person, and no idea how it all happened, we'd have something to talk about? 

Only if it happened as a result of you looking for hookers and cocaine.

You would also have to prove that you pulled out your own tooth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:b9434ae6-e4b4-4fe7-8c30-5483639737e4">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : I won't flame you for this.  I do think that happens.  But I'm also a non-participator in most of those things.  I have FB friends from back in my P&E days, but I've added very few people from SB that I wasn't already friends with.  I also talk to many, many of them off-TK, on a daily basis.  I wish newer posters didn't feel that way, because it's taking me a long itme to forge these friendships, and call me crazy, but those ladies that I talk to daily or near daily are some of my best friends.

And then I'll just ditto this. I hear what you are saying, Allisong, but I am not a part of the FB, SS stuff. The people that I talk to off TK, I've been talking to for over a year (for the most part) and I rarely mention on TK that we talk off TK.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:8dbab65a-fc8b-4460-b7f2-42b5568d5fb3">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 :  You would also have to prove that you pulled out your own tooth.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Yes!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:2a6aaf84-48f4-4ba3-a03b-2dde0f699a41">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : But who is being defensive? We are just talking about it. Am I missing something?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Not in this post, I meant more when someone says something weird in a regular thread, gets called out for it, and then others defend them.

Thats not how it used to work and was in my head as a possible explanation for the change in dynamics.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    well I think its silly for newer people to feel hurt over anything on FB or other places... you forge friendships as you go.

ok I am off... dinnertime.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    Yeah OBs, email chains, fb groups and all that have always happened. It is how it goes. I get that it creates an us vs them type of thing sometimes (and boy oh boy it has) but it is not bad. 99% of conversations off the knot are about forging friendships like J&K said. My best friends are people from the knot. Sure I have IRL friends too, but is not every day you find people who can take you from shitty work situation to funny anecdote to sad family news to big AW support and truly mean it. It means the world to me.

Why jsut this week I had a life crisis and I turned to my knottie bestie and Mike. Sure I have friends in the real world and sure I love them, but it doesn't mean I don't love my knot friends jsut as much!!
  • Options
    I also think getting upset over OB's is silly.

I chat on fb and the ss place, but that has always been open to anyone who wants in.  There will always be OB's and such and there always will be.  I dont see the problem with continuing a friendship off TK with people who you like and like you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am literally only on these forums to make friends. I'm sad like that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:7564fd3d-e336-4eda-a64b-d9a3b475115b">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : And then I'll just ditto this. I hear what you are saying, Allisong, but I am not a part of the FB, SS stuff. <strong>The people that I talk to off TK, I've been talking to for over a year (for the most part) and I rarely mention on TK that we talk off TK.</strong>
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yuh huh!  That doesn't mean that people might not guess who you/I talk to off TK, because I do think it can be obvious.  Clearly I have better relationships with some people here than others.  But that comes with the territory and with time. 

I do agree that it can be intimidating.  I lurked on P&E for a long time before I started posting, because I was also intimidated a little bit.  But that's why I like to fairly regularly have "Lurker" posts encouraging people to come out.  Perhaps I'm not the right person to start those posts ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards