Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Change of Plans

2»

Re: Change of Plans

• Options
    You want people to eat chicken stored in a body freezer?

I'd need a stiff drink. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:62212553-e0c4-47a6-af2c-0ba0065ca007">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know for 220 you need at least 110lbs of chicken right?   Say you pay $2 lb for chicken, thats $220.    Then cooking 110+ lbs of chicken is not real easy in a typical family kitchen.  
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

<div>I really think I just heaved at the idea of storing food in the same fridge dead bodies are used but that being said and if we are going that route...she might have access to the creamatoriam (sp?) and could set the setting for a lower temp to cook all the chicken...</div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Change of Plans:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change of Plans:You know for 220 you need at least 110lbs of chicken right? nbsp; Say you pay 2 lb for chicken, thats 220. nbsp;nbsp; Then cooking 110 lbs of chicken is not real easy in a typical family kitchen. nbsp;Posted by lyndausviI really think I just heaved at the idea of storing food in the same fridge dead bodies are used but that being said and if we are going that route...she might have access to the creamatoriam sp? and could set the setting for a lower temp to cook all the chicken... Posted by munchkinmiss[/QUOTE]

Is there a gold lolerskates star I can award you? Seriously, LOL
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:2125f183-644c-42b3-b0e5-c91f422bf0c9">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change of Plans : I really think I just heaved at the idea of storing food in the same fridge dead bodies are used but that being said and if we are going that route...she might have access to the creamatoriam (sp?) and could set the setting for a lower temp to cook all the chicken...
    Posted by munchkinmiss[/QUOTE]

<div>Good point.   With that plan she will not need sis' help.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    So I had a rough day but this has me laughing so hard. Calypso I was wondering the same thing about the hearse. Hey it'd be much cheaper then a limo. Lol Jud I'm sorry but this feels way too fake to be real. By some chance it is real please leave your sisters cat out of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:f2ea96c9-5f87-4af2-acbb-4083cd575af9">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change of Plans : It would be different to<strong> cook chicken as it actually involves cooking, where tuna tartare does not.</strong> But yeah, I believe it's a MUD
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]
    Precisely. She's (he's?) pulling our chains.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:fbe7ea72-5238-4344-8e40-fd3746d3de08">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]For all of you worried about the storage space, please don't. My father is an undertaker and can get us access to a rather large fridge.
    Posted by Judell789[/QUOTE]

<div>So I normally don't care for trolls, and I realize this thread has pretty much wrapped itself up, but I have to admit this is the most freaking hilarious quote I've read on the internet in a long time.  Can someone somewhere please make this into a sitcom?</div>
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re:Change of Plans:[QUOTE]You want people to eat chicken stored in a body freezer?I'd need a stiff drink.nbsp; Posted by bridalmarch[/QUOTE] Well, you're in luck! At least according to her last thread, she's providing guests in her OMG SO FANCY venue with a whole TWO drinks! Don't you feel so special and lucky!?                                             

But seriously? I'm pretty sure I was the first to call MUD in the last thread and I definitely reiterate that now.
  • Options
    Amazing. This is just too perfect
  • Options
    Body freezer and stiff drink? No pun intended, right?
  • Options
    You see what I did there, Sara. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:d8c51ab8-83fd-4dee-a119-14d061a926d7">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change of Plans : So I normally don't care for trolls, and I realize this thread has pretty much wrapped itself up, but I have to admit this is the most freaking hilarious quote I've read on the internet in a long time.  Can someone somewhere please make this into a sitcom?
    Posted by missfrodo[/QUOTE]

YES. I would watch that sitcom.
  • Options
    In the event there is any reality to this, I am still interested in what venue is so heavenly that it would cause you to be this BSC.  Is Obama lending you the White House for the night?

I imagine formaldehyde would be an acceptable dressing for your lettuce salad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I envision your 'wedding' as an episode of 'Six Feet Under'....the one where Ruth accidentally took E. Yep, just like that but without the hotness of Peter Krause.

I figured this was MUD before, but this really took it to another level. Well played. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:fbe7ea72-5238-4344-8e40-fd3746d3de08">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]For all of you worried about the storage space, please don't. My father is an undertaker and can get us access to a rather large fridge.
    Posted by Judell789[/QUOTE]

WTF!?!?
  • Options
    Ok the undertaker's fridge had me giggling but I started ROLLING when I read the comment about the crematorium.  Thanks for the laugh.  

Seriously though, if this is real then I have to question your knowledge of food safety.  Do you really think it's okay to store food for a wedding reception in a freezer used for storing corpses?  Just...ew.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:80eb0887-e654-4415-b9a2-e6f5cc969d64">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In the event there is any reality to this, I am still interested in what venue is so heavenly that it would cause you to be this BSC.  Is Obama lending you the White House for the night? I imagine formaldehyde would be an acceptable dressing for your lettuce salad.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

<div>No, Button.  Obama is GIVING her the White House as a wedding present.  She just has to impress him with dinner first.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I wonder if the mealitizers wil be stored at the funeral home prior to the wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Change of Plans:[QUOTE]I wonder if the mealitizers wil be stored at the funeral home prior to the wedding. Posted by va4ryans[/QUOTE]

No no no, that's what the cemetary is for. All those headstones are PERFECT plating height.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:e781e0f5-0699-425f-b8d5-7525628356c5">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]You want people to eat chicken stored in a body freezer? I'd need a stiff drink. 
    Posted by bridalmarch[/QUOTE]

Well, if you go back to her PP she WAS in the process of having 3 glasses of wine....I'm sure she has plenty to drink ...then again....she probably wouldn't share since it would involve actually pouring the drink for someone else.  IJS.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-of-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:61279043-51f0-4bb8-acf9-aae8199a32b3Post:c4442908-e764-4202-b30a-b7bd151013c9">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change of Plans : No, Button.  Obama is GIVING her the White House as a wedding present.  She just has to impress him with dinner first.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Good call, Peek. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Judell is my new favorite.  

Please come to the proboards, Jude?  
  • Options
    Sounds dirty. How do I get there?
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2012