Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Open bar poll. What are you doing?

13»

Re: Open bar poll. What are you doing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you absolutely care. I think you are so overboard on the excuses, backtracking and post-starting on every board in creation, that no one can take you seriously any more.

I cared a lot last night and tohis morning, but now you are just getting boring, redundant, and you are failing to make any cohesive point. I don't think any one will blame you if you quietly move on. Just a hint...
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_open-bar-poll-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:49c283ac-426f-4704-b9e2-046a5256dedaPost:48b10dd2-57b8-44a5-bed9-d054650770fe">Re: Open bar poll. What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you absolutely care. I think you are so overboard on the excuses, backtracking and post-starting on every board in creation, that no one can take you seriously any more. I cared a lot last night and tohis morning, but now you are just getting boring, redundant, and <strong>you are failing to make any cohesive point</strong>. I don't think any one will blame you if you quietly move on. Just a hint...
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I think your the one who is failing to make your point.  As I have said over and over, I have not decided what I am doing about the open bar or not.  But your keep slamming a decision I have not made yet.  So what exactly is your point.  Are you just here to fluff your peacock feathers because you "really gave it to me".  Why are you so concerned about what other people are doing or not doing at their weddings.  You alread have yours.  Maybe its your time to "quietly move on".

As you can tell from other posters, im not the only one who thinks your being rude and out of line.  Its really quite obnoxious how you are behaving.  You are even going to other boards bragging about "how you really laid into me on the boston board".  How immature are you?  Its really quite ridiculous and I cant believe I am actually engaging in this conversation with you.  Grow up.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_open-bar-poll-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:49c283ac-426f-4704-b9e2-046a5256dedaPost:390d123c-512d-4093-a26b-711f363a8567">Re: Open bar poll. What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG!!! I know I will probably get ripped apart for saying this... but I just read this board and <strong>i can not believe the amount of time that many of you ladies have spent just being mean to each other.</strong> IMO, you should know your guests and know what is "expected" and is the norm among the people you are inviting. Also, they should know how much weddings cost and will understand (or should understand) it if there is not an open bar that you are paying $30pp for. And if they dont... then its really not your problem! Weddings are a celebration of your love for each other and <strong>if the guests can not celebrate this joyous occasion without free drinks, then tough for them!</strong> It really doesnt matter what your sister, or cousin, or friend, or random lady down the street did for her wedding in terms of drinks. <strong>Do whatever makes you comfortable and if anyone has something to say about you can tell them that they are welcome to do what they want at their wedding, but since they are lucky enough to be invited to yours, they should shove it </strong>:-) (not in those words exactly, haha) 
    Posted by dovesweet07[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness someone finally came in with some awesome advice, or else this entire thread about the subtleties of etiquette would have been a real time-waster for sure. I think Emily Post probably has some guidelines on the proper way to tell your guests to shove it because they are lucky enough to be invited to your wedding. I'll get back to you on that.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's gonna be ok bleueyed, I promise. Just ignore every one who agreed with me, it will help you feel better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_open-bar-poll-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:49c283ac-426f-4704-b9e2-046a5256dedaPost:77c6e3bb-410c-466c-8fb9-965766b50620">Re: Open bar poll. What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open bar poll. What are you doing? : I think your the one who is failing to make your point.  As I have said over and over, I have not decided what I am doing about the open bar or not.  But your keep slamming a decision I have not made yet.  So what exactly is your point.  Are you just here to fluff your peacock feathers because you "really gave it to me".  Why are you so concerned about what other people are doing or not doing at their weddings.  You alread have yours.  Maybe its your time to "quietly move on". As you can tell from other posters, im not the only one who thinks your being rude and out of line.  Its really quite obnoxious how you are behaving.  You are even going to other boards bragging about "how you really laid into me on the boston board".  How immature are you?  Its really quite ridiculous and I cant believe I am actually engaging in this conversation with you.  Grow up.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

This from the girl who started another thread about open bars after the AFSB one blew up in her face, so she could get more validation on the topic. Or who started a thread about how you're better than the married ladies on the boards. It is clear to anyone who is familiar with your posts that you are entitled, whiny, and unable to let things go or admit you're wrong. I'm sure you'll find something else to hide behind to defend yourself from this point too, but no one here is criticizing you for having a cash bar, as like you said you haven't made that decision yet. But we are criticizing you for even <em>contemplating</em> not having an open bar based on having no room in your ridiculously inflated budget. It's absurd, and you can't take it back because you've already revealed this.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">[QUOTE]Some girls would have loved to have your wedding, but cant afford to, and dont feel right about asking people to travel that far, or asking them to pay for rooms.  Some dont feel that is proper ettiquette.  Stop judging people.  <strong>You dont know anyones circumstance</strong>.[/QUOTE]</span><div><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div><div><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">Neither do you. You don't know what Meaghan might have done to have a gorgeous wedding on the vineyard that is more affordable, or steps she might have taken to make it an easier trip for her guests (and ps guests travel to go to weddings all the time. If they have a problem with traveling, they won't come). </span></font></div><div><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div><div><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">If this keeps going I'm going to need some popcorn and a slurpee. </span></font></div><div><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erm Beatles, I think the logic is lost if you know what I mean ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shaz- I was going to list for her what I paid for and how I accomodated every one (most people on here know about it anyway) butttttt, it's really not about me now is it? ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right Meg, what was I thinking? I'd rather play one-player ping-pong... I feel like I'd get farther than I am here.

• Options
    eouelleteouellet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth (and I didn't read nearly all of this lonnnnggg thread) - our wedding was in downtown Boston, on a Saturday night in peak wedding season, at a nice hotel in the Back Bay....and our all-night non-consumption-based open bar cost a grand total of $2500 for about 140 people (based on our upgrade from cocktail hour only) - it definitely can be done affordably, and I am firmly in the camp that if you can't afford to provide fully for your guests at one venue, look for another one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards